A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,217
Currently Running With Scissors:
642 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 184428 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: January 04, 2012 12:35:44 PM »

My biggest challenge is going to figuring out what to do with my bin of mostly Red Heart yarn.  I was vegan when I started crocheting, and that's the brand that the local craft store carried, so I have a ton of it.  I did the ami thing for awhile, but I usually didn't end up finishing what I started.  I'm not sure what to do with all of that yarn since it's too uncomfortable to use for wearables.

Afghans  Smiley I love RHSS for blankets/throws. it's really hard wearing and softens up enough after a wash or two. I wish I could get it over here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Spiffyhink
« Reply #121 on: January 04, 2012 12:48:04 PM »

My biggest challenge is going to figuring out what to do with my bin of mostly Red Heart yarn.  I was vegan when I started crocheting, and that's the brand that the local craft store carried, so I have a ton of it.  I did the ami thing for awhile, but I usually didn't end up finishing what I started.  I'm not sure what to do with all of that yarn since it's too uncomfortable to use for wearables.

Afghans  Smiley I love RHSS for blankets/throws. it's really hard wearing and softens up enough after a wash or two. I wish I could get it over here.

I was also going to say pillows and purses. Purses can look great in crochet and they don't need to be soft! That's what I'm doing with most of my cheap yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: January 04, 2012 01:01:39 PM »

My biggest challenge is going to figuring out what to do with my bin of mostly Red Heart yarn.  I was vegan when I started crocheting, and that's the brand that the local craft store carried, so I have a ton of it.  I did the ami thing for awhile, but I usually didn't end up finishing what I started.  I'm not sure what to do with all of that yarn since it's too uncomfortable to use for wearables.

YARN BOMBING! I want to do this with yarn I score at the thrift store. I just love it, it's amazing to see. I think granny squares, that way I can piece something together to fit just about any size or shape. Woot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: January 04, 2012 01:19:26 PM »

Kookaloo_Starr, what a pretty bag! Great material.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
bambii8899
« Reply #124 on: January 04, 2012 03:26:49 PM »

finally managed to find my camera and some batteries.

12. blue hat (for me  Grin)

14. smart phone case (stripped item)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 projects in 2012  8/50
destash-along
crafted cushion swap-sent
ysmeine
« Reply #125 on: January 04, 2012 04:22:41 PM »

white- I decided I need to stay ahead on my etsy shop themes. So I was planning to use some of my white eyelet, muslin, and vintage trims for something wedding themed. I will probably tea dye.

stripes- I have striped linen I am saving for drawstring pants.

myself- ? I have a couple vintage copper charms I have been thinking of making for myself. I need something to finish it. Beads, chain?

challenge- finding, sorting, and making a home for my stash would help with my crafting.

I ordered a 10" heddle loom to make scarves. that should help me destash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #126 on: January 04, 2012 05:14:32 PM »

The striped theme inspired me to finish a WIP I started a month or two ago. It's a stashbuster rug for my wood floor. It can get quite cold in the winter, and now when I wake up in the morning, I won't have to put my feet on the cold floor while I look for my slippers!

I have a good start on my white item, which is a Doctor Who adipose, and I have 4 days off from work, so I hope to finish it.

I've also decided to use up some of the Granny's daughters I received in a swap to make a seat cover for my vehicle. I have heated leather seats, which is great for cold weather, but the black leather can get quite hot in the summer, so having a cover will come in handy then.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #127 on: January 04, 2012 09:14:33 PM »

i can scratch striped off the list for this month  Grin
i had actually wanted to make this fabric into a skirt but when i got ready to cut today i could hear my bempa reminding me of how i have made way too many already. i only had a yard but since i am teeny tiny it was just enough for a simple tube dress. i traced the patern fro on of my fave jersey knit store bought dresses. i learned that jersey knot does not move through the machine as easy as cotton but i got the hang of it in no time. any jersey knit sewing advice?

i also folded/rolled the tube top part down for a cool skirt

yay for 2 in 1  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: January 04, 2012 09:24:01 PM »

vamp i am too scared to look up new techniques right now, as it is my fingers hurt from my new found yarn addiction.

do any of you use anything for you hands when they hurt from crafting... eesh im only 25 and already need a brace  Undecided

jolyon i faved that top! so pretty! thanks for sharing3

always i am compelled to ask what the trio of flies is... not only for shear curiosity but because you said dont  Tongue

clm whats yarn bombing

bambi i love the blue of your hat and you stripey phone case is so cozy

nisforneville that mini rug has so many pretty colors! your tootsies will thank you in the cold mornings
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

« Reply #129 on: January 04, 2012 11:15:09 PM »

apm, I am so jealous of your teeny tiny-ness. I would love to fit into a dress made from one yard of fabric! Especially one that cute!

And yarnbombinb is awesome. Basically, people knit or crochet a piece and then sew it onto things out in the world. Trees, bike racks, benches, railings... Anything. If I was on a computer, I would post some links, but I'm on my phone. You should look it up, though, because there are some amazing yarn bombs out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Tempeh and Shiitake Mushroom Stir-Fry
How to Make Teriyaki Glazed Duck Breast
Curry Chicken with Apples and Pasta Recipe
How To Make Curry Sushi
Chicken Lajawab Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...