A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,079
Currently Running With Scissors:
766 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 169054 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lillianpearl

Jack of all trades...master of none

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 03, 2012 11:59:26 PM »

I feel so lazy, everyone is posting finished projects and I just got around to cleaning today. I got a huge chunk of my organizing done though. Got rid of a ton of stuff  Grin and found a ton of stuff that inspired a long list of projects. I do have a ton of stuff that I'm not sold on getting rid of, but I have no immediate ideas for either. I may have to start posting to the 'what the heck can i do with this' thread. I finish up my class on Monday so hopefully I will have some free time to bust out some projects =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Crying Goddess
Rocking CraftAngel

Every girl is her own goddess

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012 12:43:38 AM »

Color: White- I have a white shirt! I don't know what I'm going to do with it. Yet.
Pattern: Stripes- I was thinking an armband made from keychains
For: After all the holiday mayhem, you deserve something for yourself- A rose necklace Smiley
Challenge: It's time to take stock of your stash. Spend some time looking at what you have, and maybe make some goals for the coming year- A scrap pillow is coming up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quote from: kjlutz
Craftster: Lovingly Breaking up Families in the name of Craft since Challenge 50

Please vote for my Redstone torch for challenge 96:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=431999.0#axzz2vJFPpJwN
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012 01:36:33 AM »

aprettymess: have you thought about joining the "Craft This Tote 2 Swap"? We're making Morsbags and you have some lovely fabrics to use up  Smiley

I haven't had any crafting time yet  Sad we're helping my son & his gf move house including redecorating as much as is humanly possibly before the furniture moves in.To say I'm tired is an understatement but today when I got up I brought downstairs a bag of assorted cotton fabric so I fully intend to sew something today.

No sewing yet but I have cut out the pieces to make 4 morsbags  Smiley a curtain, a pillowcase and two remnants  Grin
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012 04:07:42 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012 04:55:00 AM »

vamped, that looks great already. I know nothing about hairpin lace, is it easy to do?

All you need is yarn of any size (I used worsted since I was just learning), the special loom (which only cost me $4 a Michaels) and a crochet hook that matches the yarn size. The only skill you need is to know how to do single crochet! I only know single and double and nothing else with crochet and I found it to be very easy.

This is the video I was using to learn from. The person does it nice and slow and it is very clear to see what she is doing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012 05:24:38 AM »

A great start to the hairpin lace shawl.
You don't even need to buy a special tool for it, I made hairpin looms out of charity shop odd DPNs, just bent them into a U shape, after all it was originally done on an actual hairpin - although that wouldn't work for worsted weight  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Antidigger
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2012 06:20:24 AM »

I'll definitely join in this year. Me and my stash have just been reunited, yay for a whole load of things I can do now, blushes for just how much space it takes up. I have to reduce. Really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2012 06:25:51 AM »

my first complete project of the year  Smiley this one is made from a curtain.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012 07:23:35 AM »

Kookaloo_star, I love that bag!
Thanks, aprettymess! But it's not a journal, I had a small canvas, so it's hanging up near my kitchen, since that seems to be the home of funky things in my house. ^^
And I still need to make a christmas gift, too-I never did get around to stenciling that tshirt for dh. Need to add that to my list!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code craftster,10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2012 07:27:20 AM »

Love the bag made from a curtain!  I have so much leftover fabric from decorating...bags would be a great idea!

aprettymess--uh, I would say you have more than enough fabric to keep you busy all year!!! WOW!  I like the idea of taking pics and mapping out what you plan to do with them...

I was going to go buy some buttons to cover to finish my pillow, but I am truly trying not to buy anything else!! So, instead, I did an envelope closing and used some snaps...I think this CAL is forcing me to be more creative! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012 07:37:59 AM »

Trying to resist the lure of hairpin lace. I really don't need to be trying a new craft right now. (Though I got a new craft from my in-laws for Christmas. Japanese rope braiding.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cambodian Coconut Shrimp Sandwich
How to Make Kimchi Pancakes and Butterscotch Apples
How to Make Vietnamese-Inspired Kim Family Wraps
How to Make Spicy Korean Pan-Fried Pork and Oreo Smores
Asian Hot Sauce Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...