A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,342
Currently Running With Scissors:
535 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 214787 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #90 on: January 03, 2012 01:12:08 PM »

Forgive me de-stashers for I have sinned: 

I pulled out the white fabric in order to use work on my January project.  I made a pit stop into the fabric store for white thread (how one runs out of white, I will never know)...While there, I picked up 6 new items because they were cool and on clearance...

I have an addiction... help!

What penance should I do?  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gaudiknight
« Reply #91 on: January 03, 2012 01:24:38 PM »

Ha!  It happens to the best of us.  When I do things like that I fall back on the idea that if I can use up new craft supplies within a month of purchase they don't quite count as stash.  But we all have our own rules on what counts as stash and what doesn't.  Those seven jars of buttons lined up on top of my wardrobe?  Those are totally a collection, not a stash (or so I keep telling myself).

But your penance is to finish your intended project as quickly as possible and show us pictures!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012 02:40:39 PM »

Ha!  It happens to the best of us.  When I do things like that I fall back on the idea that if I can use up new craft supplies within a month of purchase they don't quite count as stash.  But we all have our own rules on what counts as stash and what doesn't.  Those seven jars of buttons lined up on top of my wardrobe?  Those are totally a collection, not a stash (or so I keep telling myself).

But your penance is to finish your intended project as quickly as possible and show us pictures!

My intended project is a crossover for 50 projects in 2012 as well- my bling wreath.  And, as every noob crafter knows, the first time is a learning process...  I had it started,  after a few  mishaps like hot glue in the hair, I stopped, looked at it, and tore it up.  Should be done by the end of the week, though.  ;-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J_Kieviet
« Reply #93 on: January 03, 2012 07:10:38 PM »

Have used up a damaged black plushie blanket and some bergundy and black polk-a-dot taffetta to make 3 girls dresses, they are not finished yet, but a couple hours should do the trick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for Sophia the first fabric and Frozen fabric (preferably flannel, but would settle for cotton) and Phoomph.  I'm in Canada and the companies are that I could order from charge $20-$30 shipping, so if anybody can find some and wants to swap/sell, I would be eternally greatfull.
bubblegum_phoenix
never admit defeat, just say it was artistic licence

do what you love, love what you do

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #94 on: January 03, 2012 07:29:40 PM »

My stripes project is the Nyan Cat scarf for a Christmas gift  Cheesy I'm slowly getting there, 419 stitches for the starting row of the rainbow lol  Wink plus I'm only using stash stuff, that way I know what I have (yarn in every colour) and what I dont have (a whole heap of orange lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://pinterest.com/sasha_tilson/

glitter it, no seriously, just add glue and glitter, no one will notice
fairygoodthings
« Reply #95 on: January 03, 2012 08:09:59 PM »

This. More of this is what I need in life. I think I'm close to being buried by my stash of assorted supplies. *sigh* Can't wait to see everyone's projects!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Sarah
I'm BoonzaierBabe on Ravelry, feel free to add me!
http://www.wists.com/fairygoodthings84
https://pinterest.com/bttrflykiss621/
vampedangel14
Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #96 on: January 03, 2012 08:35:43 PM »

I have been working on destashing yarn. This is the beginning of a hairpin lace project, probably a shawl.

Hairpin lace by Lucky XIII, on Flickr

As for destashing ideas/projects, I have my eyes on the scrappy pillow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Brackish Potato
« Reply #97 on: January 03, 2012 10:36:17 PM »

I'll be joining in again this year. Hopefully, I'll be able to make and post more than I did last year. I've got an overflowing yarn bin to tackle and a lot of papercrafting and scrapbooking supplies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #98 on: January 03, 2012 10:57:43 PM »

Holy cow, I've already missed 10 pages of the new destash-along?!

I've got a couple packages to send off to friends, so I'll be taking pictures soon. Haven't posted anything in the destashalong in too long!

I might be joining the easy/simple swap because I'm sure I can bust some stash that way. I'll be organizing a hat swap later this month, and I'm sure I'll be able to use some stash for that, too.

Hats are looking great, apm!

Ooh, pretty scarf, kaz!

that1girl, are those "tiny shoes" baby booties? They're super cute! Is there a pattern?

vamped, that looks great already. I know nothing about hairpin lace, is it easy to do?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: January 03, 2012 11:24:39 PM »

thanks for the compliments everyone  Grin

scrappy sue i can;t wait to see the medieval costume

dewshine knifty knitter are knitting looms. i will be perfectly honest i am terrible with yarn. i got my looms this last christmas and they make it so easy! i kocked 3 hats out that evening. you should look them up. you can find them at wal mart or any craft store. as far as i know they come in rectangles and circles and have special ones for pom poms and flowers. in regards to your sin (lol) we all fall off the wagon now and then  Tongue

kaz i love the colors of your scarf!

that1girl those shoes are so adorable! and i love the stripes interpretation. what is a DPN roll? i like how fancy you made it.  Wink

bubblegum im still making christmas gifts too... for my dad, grandpa, and brother  Undecided oops

laughinglark thanks for sharing that tut! i favorited it! looks pretty simple. cant wait to see our flowers

rlb i like those napkins. ive been wanting to make some but im trying to find fabric that looks at least half way decent on the "wrong" side

bookstorebabe that journal is so awesome! it is so cool that the artist doodled on your envelope! what a cool way to treasure the art

always i agree that destahing and 50/50 go hand in hand. but last year when i first joined destashing i was also intimidated to join 50/50 at the same time. and since i was so new to my craft 50 seemed like a goal way too big.

vamp that shawl is starting out so nicely! i love that shade of blue!

bananaleg keep me posted on the hat swap... maybe ill be confident by the time you host it   Huh

okay so i went for the clean up challenge today and now i can see my table again hahaha
i took pix of different piles of fabric and made goals for them... i did not want to pic overload (i already rambled for so long) so if you want to you can check out the post on my blog: http://sewingfaerie.blogspot.com/2012/01/big-plans-to-destash.html i didnt even photograph everything  Undecided but i did leave some stripes out for that skirt  Cool and well see what more i get done this month
i really should be finishing my christmas presents lol
hello to all my 2011 destash family and welcome to all the 2012ers
and now... to pass out... way past my bed time on a work night
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Blake Lively Inspires with Easter Outfit and SJP Channels Carrie Bradshaw
Combat Annoying Static With These Quick Fixes!
Stripes Are The Hottest New Spring Trend
6 Must-Have Shorts You Need For Spring
5 Ways To Wear Suspender Tights
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...