A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 179113 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

vampedangel14
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Easily craftstracted!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2012 09:20:23 AM »

I got a $25 gift card to Michaels from my co-worker so went there this past weekend. I still have $6 on it and I only bought a few things to help me destash what I already have. I bought a hairpin loom (only about $4!) and have been working with that. I also bought some styrofoam balls because I want to try making the tamari balls with all the threads I have.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Spiffyhink
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2012 10:02:01 AM »

Well I joined in last year but then stopped participating after a while...my life got in the way and I didn't have time to post. However, I have been making things! In the last month or so, I've made, from stash, two pairs of wristwarmers, two crochet purses (great way to get rid of extra fabric for the lining!), a crochet scarf (from this pattern: http://littlesliceoflife.wordpress.com/free-patterns/claudia-scarf/), curtains from my fabric stash, and currently I'm making a white-ish mini skirt from some sport-weight yarn that I've been hoarding for a while. I have plans for more, too. Hopefully I'll have time to post pictures in the upcoming weeks.

Love the hats, shoes, and fabric napkins! I always make fabric napkins from my extra fabric stash, and they're so great. They save me lots of money!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2012 10:18:35 AM »

I'm in again. Hopefully I'll do a better job this year than I did last year. I packed everything up in anticipation of a move (that may or may not happen) and am kind of appalled at how much space my stuff takes up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2012 10:57:23 AM »

I'm doing the 50 projects in 2012 also. I need all the help and inspiration I can get! Love the cloth napkins! I should turn some old soft fabric scraps into hankies. Paper tissues always get so narly once they've been in a purse or pocket for awhile.
And a project! I used a small white canvas that I got cheap because it was damaged, paint and glue I had on hand, something from my paper stash, and art cut from a white envelope.
I'd ordered some books from a webcomic artist I follow-Shaenon Garrity, Skin Horse and Narbonic, and she'd doodled on the shipping envelope. Saved it, but it was already in less than perfect shape just from going through the mail, and it was time to use it before it got damaged. I glued the gerbils and swashbuckling silverfish to thin cardboard, carefully cut them out, more carefully tinted the space around them, leaving the main body white. Layered paint on the canvas until I got a background color I liked, glued down the art, added a 'mad science' logo I'd saved from an ad.  
Nerdy art, whee! And something just for me.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2012 11:15:13 AM by bookstorebabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
baa-me-chick

I'm completely barmey!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #84 on: January 03, 2012 11:36:03 AM »

January
Color: White - hmm not sure about this one yet......except i want to make myself a collection of handmade Baker's twine so will use white cotton for that........

Pattern: Stripes - the twine will be striped so that covers this......
For: After all the holiday mayhem, you deserve something for yourself. - i want the twine for my scrapbook pages - desperately!!!

Challenge: It's time to take stock of your stash. Spend some time looking at what you have, and maybe make some goals for the coming year - This one is SOOOoooooooo easy. I'm rearranging my overstuffed craftroom to bring forward the items that get forgotten right on to or in front of my work desk so that it gets used! It's awesome as i feel as if i've had a massive shopping spree.  Embarrassed EmbarrassedI must admit that i feel a little ashamed at how much i've got..........& i forgot about it Embarrassed Embarrassed

I know that this seems all a little simple but at least i'm going to be able to succeed in something in the first month Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs'n'Stuff
Nicki xx

Destash - along
50 projects 2012

I love personal swaps:-)

My Wists  - http://wists.com/baa-me-chick
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #85 on: January 03, 2012 11:51:28 AM »

I think this craftalong and the 50 projects go hand in hand...nothing like trying to bust up stash to make projects!

Remember that you can post pics in both places or link...not everyone is in both thread, so it is nice to share pics both places if possible! (I got a ruling on the double picture posting last year and was old for craftalongs, it it ok!! YAY!)

I destashed a stack of fabrics, but to be honest, it was tough because I could not throw out the littlest pieces!

I made a quilt top, then a pillow, then a mug rug, and I still have leftovers...so do I buy more fabric to use up the rest?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #86 on: January 03, 2012 12:05:49 PM »

Always, no need to buy more to use it up Wink.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401017.0

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=401185.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #87 on: January 03, 2012 12:35:37 PM »

Oh, those are fun ideas, craftylittlemonkey!
And for little bits of fabric, how about fabric covered bead necklaces, or earrings?
Here's some neat fabric necklaces, pins, ect. And look at the earrings made with teeny fabric scraps and stud earrings!
http://www.beadinggem.com/2009/11/how-to-make-fabric-jewelry-tutorial.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 03, 2012 01:05:51 PM »

I like those postcard quilts too, they are Gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
gaudiknight
« Reply #89 on: January 03, 2012 01:09:57 PM »

Wow, only three days into the new year, and already so much crafting has been done!  I love all the projects that have been posted so far.  It'll be a while before I have anything to show for myself, but that's because I decided the first DeStash attack of the year would be a scarf made out of sock weight yarn.  Not the quickest thing in the world.

Just wanted to say hi to all the new folks who have joined us *waves*.  Nice to have you all here!  And I wanted to just add a note about the themes after reading through the last couple pages.  Please don't feel bound by them in any way if they don't work for your crafting goals or what's in your stash.  They're just to provide a little extra inspiration and challenge.

I noticed a couple people are tackling the dread "clean the crafting/stash-storage space" task first thing.  Good luck!!!!!  I need to do the same so I have somewhere to do any sort of craft beyond knitting on the couch.  Is anyone brave enough to post pictures of the finished result?  Or have you found anything that you forgot you had?  That's always the most fun part of cleaning crafty messes.

Also!  craftylittlemonkey put up some links to swaps that would be neat for DeStashing a few posts back.  Please feel free to share others as you come across them.  I'll put them in the theme section on the first page under each month as a way of corralling them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy Crochet Supplies
How to Add Crochet Embellishments to Clothing
How to Convert a Crochet Pattern Into a Knitting Pattern
Single Crochet Stitches
How to Crochet a Purse
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...