A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 169088 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LadybugsAndBumblebees
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: February 07, 2012 06:06:25 PM »

Those slippers look warm; do you have a pattern?  If so, is it true to size (every time I make slippers and follow the pattern, they end up bigger than they should be)? 

Would you mind sharing the pattern?  If so, that would be AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bananaleg
Will Knit For Tattoos... or Airfare

ahonui, lokahi, 'aka'aka

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #551 on: February 07, 2012 06:29:50 PM »

LovelyMiss, your scarf looks great for a first project! Nice! And great hoops! Like everyone else, i knew it was a tree, too. And of course i love the shrooms hoop.

beth, what a great blanket! I started one a few months ago, i need to finish it... And your slippers are so cute! I love the matching slippers you made your daughter. So adorable.
And wow, tell your daughter her hat looks AWESOME! Were you watching The Munsters?? <3

I also made slippers recently. Yesterday, actually. I call them the Horse of a Different Color Slippers. For my niece.
I posted about them here and on my brand new blog. (Sorry for the shameless plug, i'm just excited about it. Cheesy)

Then we made God's Eyes (she just calls them our projecth). We have tons of branches down in the yard waiting to be crafted with, and i have a ton of scratchy acrylic yarn...:
First, to match her slippers:
I made this while she wrapped yarn around sticks and made a general mess:
And we made this today:

And i recently found out someone close to me is pregnant (like, just found out, 3 months from telling other people, super early pregnant), and i had to start crafting for this baby. Right away:
I have no idea if it will fit any baby... but i had to make them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinterest | etsy | blog

Can i knit you something in seed stitch? I'd love to swap you for: handspun yarn, hand carved banana stamp...
beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #552 on: February 07, 2012 07:55:41 PM »

Love the booties you made the many colors and those adorable little baby ones. What is it about finding out someone is pregnant that makes up crafty all the sudden.

Miss Barbara I used the pattern from here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=127333.0
The pattern is quick and easy you do the rows till it falls on your foot where you want it to sit then you make the sides to fit the length of your foot. I didnt do the strap I had the front part come back farther on my foot then did 2 rows of hdc on the top for a finishing touch, they werent tight enough so I ended up making a string out of chains and tieing them on. I ended up doing 10 rows for the toe area and 6 rows for the rest of the foot. and I wear a 8 1/2 or 9
The cool part was it is worked with 2 strands of yarn (could be done with one and more rows) and I just used smaller hook and one strand and the pattern was the same for my daughter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #553 on: February 08, 2012 06:24:47 AM »

Love the blanket!  And how great is the hat your daughter made!!!  Get them started crafting early, I say! Cheesy

The slippers look nice and warm...I love making slippers...

The oro de dios is such a good craft to use up stash and nature!

Congrats on finishing your first knit scarf!  What stitch did you use?  I think each scarf takes different times depending on the size of the needle, the type of yarn, the stitch and whether or not you get tons of distractions and interruptions! Cheesy

I can knit a basic scarf in about two hours, but the one I am working on now...I have 15 hours into it and have two inches lengthwise with 4 more inches to go...so the scarf will take me about 45 hours or so...but it is because of the linen stitch...very time consuming!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LovelyMiss

I don't need no instructions to know how to rock.

« Reply #554 on: February 08, 2012 06:48:20 AM »

...Congrats on finishing your first knit scarf!  What stitch did you use?  I think each scarf takes different times depending on the size of the needle, the type of yarn, the stitch and whether or not you get tons of distractions and interruptions! Cheesy

I can knit a basic scarf in about two hours, but the one I am working on now...I have 15 hours into it and have two inches lengthwise with 4 more inches to go...so the scarf will take me about 45 hours or so...but it is because of the linen stitch...very time consuming!

Thanks!  I purled the whole thing, so if I studied correctly, I think that makes it Garter stitch.  I was just curious about time because I was dropping the working yarn from my left hand with every stitch, so I knew that was adding at least a few extra hours.  I just couldn't figure out how to be coordinated or comfortable enough to do it correctly.    I assume it will come with more practice. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current or future Nerd Games player?  Cast Your Battle Royale Vote!
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #555 on: February 08, 2012 08:49:39 AM »

yes, purling does take longer...but usually garter stitch is done with the knit stitch on every row...hmmmm...I never thought about it, but I guess if you purled on every row, you would get the same garter stitch!... Cheesy

Oh yes, with each project you will get much better and faster...it is great that you jumped in and did it!!!  You should be proud...but, uh, isn't that going to make you want a BIGGER stash? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
I touched the Stanley Cup!!!!

« Reply #556 on: February 08, 2012 09:28:33 AM »

What charities do you make things for? I have tons of fabric and yarn. I'm using the yarn to make scarves for the homeless shelter. What can I do with the fabric? It's mostly cotton and a good amount of flannel. I consider myself an advanced beginner. I have everything from small pieces to old bed sheets. I don't quilt. I've been too afraid to give it a try plus I have the attention span of a gnat. I'd really like to find some where that wants softies/stuffies.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012 11:30:09 AM by michelleandbean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #557 on: February 08, 2012 09:44:51 AM »

A bunch of the mods are making blanket thingies for the animal shelter...the need blankets for dogs and mats for cats...I am using a lot of old flannel pieces for those...also, if you check out member scrappysue, she does a lot of charities involving fabrics...a lot of them are for overseas, though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #558 on: February 08, 2012 01:53:16 PM »

I'd really like to find some where that wants softies/stuffies.

You should check out the Toy Society! You make a toy and leave it in a random place for someone to find. I know other members here 'donate' to that regularly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

plaidpineapple
« Reply #559 on: February 08, 2012 06:29:04 PM »

aaah those baby booties are so cute!

I came across these 2 pieces of fabric that I bought a while ago.  Each piece was about  6"x10.  Not very big but I love the blue floral.  So after much thinking upon what I could make from such small pieces I came up with my fancy craft Journal.  I decided to go all out and add ribbon and beads to it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Filet Crochet
How to Crochet a Bracelet
How to Make a Panda Mask
How to Make a Lion Mask
How to Make a Turkey Mask
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...