A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,127
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 183965 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Antidigger
« Reply #440 on: January 31, 2012 12:21:00 AM »

Bookstorebabe, that was one amazing package.  I love all the different origins of your supplies.

Vampedangel14, that hairpin lace scarf looks so soft and gorgous and well done for so many projects and down-sizing your yarn stash.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
endymion
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #441 on: January 31, 2012 05:00:20 AM »

Wow! Bookstorebabe, you really showered your partner with swappy goodness!

And I'm loving Vampedangel14's hairpin scarf and washcloth (is it wrong to love a washcloth?)  Cheesy

I had something so great in mind for my "white" thing... I have been meaning to make dolls of many of the Narnia characters literally for years -- and had stashed supplies specifically for same. I thought the January theme would be the perfect "nudge" I needed to start the White Witch. But here it is the end of January, with no doll to show for it, so I guess I'll just see what February brings.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

whatthepuck
« Reply #442 on: January 31, 2012 07:05:31 AM »

I finally made some dishcloths that I'm going to keep. I made a ton of them to give away as Christmas presents. These are mine. I did some stash busting and tried out a couple of new stitches.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 7/7/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #443 on: January 31, 2012 07:16:48 AM »

Ooh, Narnia dolls! That sounds awesome! And I do love the hairpin lace, so pretty. And it's not wrong to love a washcloth, I do too. Cheesy michelleandbean, I like the dishcloths! I confess I'd have a hard time using something so pretty. You did a great job on them.
I do use a hodgepodge of stuff, don't I? But I love to swap and I'm on a limited  budget. Thanks for the kind words! Hee, Sherlock's emerald stickpin is a plain stickpin, a green stone from a broken bracelet, and a lock washer and a little paint for the filigree behind the stone.
Even though having a stash is what lets me swap, I still need to work on destashing. All the supplies that I've picked up with wild ideas of what they could be used for 'someday'-well, I'm hoping to make it a year of somedays. Still haven''t even begun organizing, sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@ craftster
http://StudioLTD@etsy.com. Coupon code summerfun  50% both shops
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd60/
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #444 on: January 31, 2012 07:24:55 AM »

Since I am trying to destash, my method for making things is called "scrounging"...when you force yourself to use what you have, I think it does make you much more creative! Cheesy

I love hodgepodge!  You did it so well...my favorite crafts are those that are saved from the dumpster!!  Seeing things in a new way is a gift you have...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Projects in 2014 110/150 ?
PINTEREST
Will swap for art
meleriffic
Global Moderator
Clothing Moderator
Toys, Dolls, & Playthings Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #445 on: January 31, 2012 07:58:43 AM »

I really need to be better at scrounging. Unfortunately, I get these visions in my head of how I want things to be and if my stash doesn't provide the necessary color etc. for my vision, then I'm going to to go out and buy. Plus I have a bit of perfectionism that really makes it hard for me to let go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #446 on: January 31, 2012 08:04:07 AM »

My issue is picking things up at the thrift store to use in a one-day-maybe-I-might-make-something-with-this craft. Sigh. I just bought a lime green fleece jacket that I have zero plans for. The inside is orange plaid though, I've never seen anything like it and couldn't pass it up. What is the matter with me? And baskets? They have piles of the nicest, most expensive looking baskets. I don't need them and can't even really use most of them for storage but I've got a big pile going now. *shakes head*
Oh well, I've been making lots of Teesha Moore patches with the scrap fabric stash I've got so even though they are tiny it's using up little bits at least.
I'm going through our clothes right now and getting rid of anything that isn't natural fibers, I can't tell you how tempted I am to keep it all to use in crafts but it's going to the thrift store, I'm forcing myself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
whatthepuck
« Reply #447 on: January 31, 2012 09:04:51 AM »

I'm going through our clothes right now and getting rid of anything that isn't natural fibers, I can't tell you how tempted I am to keep it all to use in crafts but it's going to the thrift store, I'm forcing myself.

I have a whole shelf that I know I'll probably never use and really should donate to Goodwill.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Mini 13 DoH
Aug ATC 7/7/0

Would love to personal swap for Blythe granny square hat(s)
Antidigger
« Reply #448 on: January 31, 2012 10:02:52 AM »

Nearly all my fabric comes from old clothes. Anything good enough goes to the charity shop, but that really isn't that much, I wear my clothes for (usually more than) their useful life, I really hate clothes shopping.

I just cut up a condemned fleece jacket: but I've found a use for the sleeves already: they are now padding for my ironing board, which had a particularly thin and weedy cover. I find that re-using frees me from the perfectionist route as after all, it doesn't matter if it was only going to be thrown away anyway.

Oh, yes: condemned clothes usually have to be made unusable as soon as possible or I will rescue them from the condemned pile & wear them again Roll Eyes<big sigh>.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #449 on: January 31, 2012 10:10:19 AM »

Oh, yes: condemned clothes usually have to be made unusable as soon as possible or I will rescue them from the condemned pile & wear them again Roll Eyes<big sigh>.

I do that too  Embarrassed
A lot of my fabric is sheets and duvet covers, the whole family donate them to me when they buy new & I scour the local charity shops for groovy bedding too  Grin

I'm slowly plodding through my yarn stash at the moment, I doubt I'll make a serious  dent in it though  Shocked
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012 10:11:26 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Russian Designers Propose a Trampoline Walkway
Architectural Firm Plans to Build a Cantilever Wine Museum in Lavaux
Coffee Cups Designed with Little Creatures Inside
Julia Morgan and the Ecole Des Beaux-Arts
Using Design Passion to Make the World Better - Ross Floate
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...