A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: **Entry period extended to May 20!** From concerts to musicals and more, what events inspire YOU?  Craft and enter for a chance to win a chunk of over $500 in prizes from Ticketmaster this month!  Enter now through MAY 20.  Good luck, Craftsters!!
Total Members: 309,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
458 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 164
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 217044 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2012 12:37:19 AM »

kookaloo starr... may i call you kstar? that bag is definitely fab now  Grin i like your headband. what is ribbon yarn?

If you like, but I usually go by Kookie or Kook  Wink

Ribbon yarn: http://www.paviyarns.co.uk/shop/413/762/767/index.htm
I have ni idea what brand mine was as it was un-banded but this is what it looks like before it's been used  Smiley

Your delicious cupcake dress is very cute  Cheesy

michelleandbean - the TM patches are fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
mandys_momma
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2012 01:33:38 AM »

Here's a morsbag I made as practice. I'm in the morsbag swap here on craftster.  http://www.morsbags.com/ The bag has french seams, which I've never done before, so I really needed to make this practice bag. It turned out cute and was easy! I'm going to give this to my daughter for grocery shopping.

I've also been sewing for our local hospice unit. I make "memory bears". When a hospice volunteer visits a family, she asks for an article of clothing that the person has worn. After the person passes away, we sew these bears and give them to the family. The pattern that we work with can be difficult sometimes, but I just muddle through.

A few other WIPs: a knitted scarf w/ ribbon woven through it; some page markers for our hymnals at church; and the morsbag swap (I'll post pics of these items after my partner receives the package from me next week).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012 01:34:48 AM by mandys_momma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #272 on: January 14, 2012 03:13:26 AM »

I've also been sewing for our local hospice unit. I make "memory bears". When a hospice volunteer visits a family, she asks for an article of clothing that the person has worn. After the person passes away, we sew these bears and give them to the family. The pattern that we work with can be difficult sometimes, but I just muddle through.

What a beautiful thing!  This made me cry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Cooking Moderator
Purses, Bags, Wallets Moderator
Reusing, Recycling, Recrafting Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #273 on: January 14, 2012 07:02:46 AM »

Fabulous dress, aprettymess!  I think the words and the fabric work together perfectly!

That bag is very nifty!  And memory bears - that is such an awesome gift you give to those families, mandys_momma!  My father was in hospice and I know my mom and I would have greatly treasured such a gift after that difficult time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #274 on: January 14, 2012 09:46:18 AM »

brackish i loooove nautical and that book is very cooL!

apm, I think you and my bff have the same style. She's into the rockabilly/Rosie the riveter look. She calls herself a Princess Rawkstar Detective. Cheesy

rlb, smash books are commercially produced and are very big in the scrapbooking world. Everyone else calls them junque journals. What I love about them is that they're meant to be messy and random. Just bits and bobs of everyday life. I'm a scrapper, so it's nice to break out of Perfectly Appointed Layout Mode and get crazy with these mini-books! These are off-limits to the craft police. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #275 on: January 14, 2012 09:50:26 AM »

These are off-limits to the craft police. Grin

Awesome to hear.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #276 on: January 14, 2012 10:13:46 AM »

aprettymess, that dress is lovely. I love cupcakes, so I'm jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

« Reply #277 on: January 14, 2012 12:52:30 PM »

I just made something beautiful for a swap today, that I can't wait to post a picture of. The fact that it made a dent in my stash is just a bonus. ...come to think of it, I've only bought 2 things for this swap so far. A 50 cent Dollar Store item, and 5 dollars for a new bottle of paint I needed anyway. The rest is all from stash, yay!
I'm determined to stash bust as much as possible this year. Although I did buy a few squares of mini ceramic tiles at the Habitat Restore. I'm thinking they're just the right size for making magnets to sell, and I already have the magnets and a display tin.
And I pulled an awful old wool cape from the closet today, that my mother in law gave me. Between the way it's cut, and the wonky diagonal stripes, I looked like I was wearing a circus tent when I tried it on! A drab circus tent.
So I've got it in the washer now, trying to felt it. If it felts all right, I've got something to craft with. If not, it was going to the Goodwill anyway, so I'm not out anything. I stuffed it in a pillowcase to keep the fuzzy debris from clogging up the washer. Crossing fingers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy@craftster
<a href="http://StudioLTD@etsy.com.>StudioLTD"</a>| Couponcode CRAFTSTER 10%
<a href=https://www.etsy.com/shop/HipsterHive?ref=shop_sugg>HipsterHive</a>|
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd6
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Your life is what you make of it

« Reply #278 on: January 14, 2012 05:05:16 PM »

Who would not be happy in a cupcake skirt!?  Very cute and colorful...

I love those bags...I had no idea they had a name...I use french seams to make bags that have no lining...mostly bags from tea towels..

I had to pick up a long awaited special order from my local yarn store...big mistake...oh well...sometimes we fall back on bad habits...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

« Reply #279 on: January 14, 2012 05:36:57 PM »

I've now used up 2 partial skeins on the toddler afghan. I have high hopes of using  up 2 more. I started with 1 full skein plus at least one partial of each of the 4 colors, so it's working pretty well as far as stash-busting! The afghan is about half done, so I think it's time to start weaving in some ends, so I won't have as many to do later.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 164 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Cartoon Fish
How to Practice Drawing Bulldog
How to Draw a Duck
How to Draw a Dog
How to Draw a Lion
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decorative Bulletin Board
Rain, rain, you don't have to go away...
Tute Tuesday: Latch Hooked Rag Rug

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...