A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 316,593
Currently Running With Scissors:
269 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 158
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 280677 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #260 on: January 13, 2012 06:17:59 PM »

I love the themed pillows!  The stitching around the cat is the best!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: January 13, 2012 11:09:11 PM »

plaidpineapple your earring holder is so delicate! and i love the black and pink swirly earrings. the underoos are very cool

cloudsnapper how can you make pads so cool! i hate to have cool things no one else can see  Tongue

bananaleg thanks for sharing the post for the headband. i think it would be a great first project since it wouldnt take a tremendous amount of rows

nisforneville you make me quite curious about dr. who. your scarf is very pretty, i love the colors you chose

endymion your calendar rocks! even destashing little things is still destashing

qazi i feel you on the stash multiplying in the closet as we try to destash it down  Wink

laughinglark heres an idea for the afghan o'doom: my aunt used to crochet long and skinny pieces just wide enough to cover the top of the cusions for the couch... hope that helps... look at me.. giving advice on yarn lol

j_kievet that is cool that you take stash around with you to remind yourself you don't need more. you have a lot of willpower

bubblegum your scarf is way too cool!

riechan awesome skirts! i love the black bustle back best

kookaloo starr... may i call you kstar? that bag is definitely fab now  Grin i like your headband. what is ribbon yarn?

dd - i too was hopeless with yarn but am just starting to figure it out a bit. i bought a beginners course to learn simple crochet on craftsy.com. you should check it out

thatgirl your flower clips are so beautiful!

spiffyhink i love the idea of getting throa pillows from thrift shops and using the pillow forms! cant wait to see your patchwork curtains

gaudi what is frogging?

always i agree... the more "necessary" a project is the less i WANT to do it

melly i am sure your sister will keep that card and max will treasure it when hes older

brackish i loooove nautical and that book is very cooL!

michelleandbean your teeasha more halloween pillows are rad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aprettymess

plenty of creativity... not enough hands

View Profile WWW
« Reply #262 on: January 13, 2012 11:12:37 PM »

i made this tank top recon dress totally from stash today
i started TRYING to finish my last 3 christmas presents lol. then i got lost in this dress. its a tank top from vs that says delicious on the front and yum on the back so i found it perfect for my cupcake fabric

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: January 14, 2012 12:37:19 AM »

kookaloo starr... may i call you kstar? that bag is definitely fab now  Grin i like your headband. what is ribbon yarn?

If you like, but I usually go by Kookie or Kook  Wink

Ribbon yarn: http://www.paviyarns.co.uk/shop/413/762/767/index.htm
I have ni idea what brand mine was as it was un-banded but this is what it looks like before it's been used  Smiley

Your delicious cupcake dress is very cute  Cheesy

michelleandbean - the TM patches are fab!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
mandys_momma
« Reply #264 on: January 14, 2012 01:33:38 AM »

Here's a morsbag I made as practice. I'm in the morsbag swap here on craftster.  http://www.morsbags.com/ The bag has french seams, which I've never done before, so I really needed to make this practice bag. It turned out cute and was easy! I'm going to give this to my daughter for grocery shopping.

I've also been sewing for our local hospice unit. I make "memory bears". When a hospice volunteer visits a family, she asks for an article of clothing that the person has worn. After the person passes away, we sew these bears and give them to the family. The pattern that we work with can be difficult sometimes, but I just muddle through.

A few other WIPs: a knitted scarf w/ ribbon woven through it; some page markers for our hymnals at church; and the morsbag swap (I'll post pics of these items after my partner receives the package from me next week).
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012 01:34:48 AM by mandys_momma » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dewshinesdopp
« Reply #265 on: January 14, 2012 03:13:26 AM »

I've also been sewing for our local hospice unit. I make "memory bears". When a hospice volunteer visits a family, she asks for an article of clothing that the person has worn. After the person passes away, we sew these bears and give them to the family. The pattern that we work with can be difficult sometimes, but I just muddle through.

What a beautiful thing!  This made me cry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kaz814
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2012 07:02:46 AM »

Fabulous dress, aprettymess!  I think the words and the fabric work together perfectly!

That bag is very nifty!  And memory bears - that is such an awesome gift you give to those families, mandys_momma!  My father was in hospice and I know my mom and I would have greatly treasured such a gift after that difficult time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Brackish Potato
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2012 09:46:18 AM »

brackish i loooove nautical and that book is very cooL!

apm, I think you and my bff have the same style. She's into the rockabilly/Rosie the riveter look. She calls herself a Princess Rawkstar Detective. Cheesy

rlb, smash books are commercially produced and are very big in the scrapbooking world. Everyone else calls them junque journals. What I love about them is that they're meant to be messy and random. Just bits and bobs of everyday life. I'm a scrapper, so it's nice to break out of Perfectly Appointed Layout Mode and get crazy with these mini-books! These are off-limits to the craft police. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists.

"Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!" -Dr. Seuss
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2012 09:50:26 AM »

These are off-limits to the craft police. Grin

Awesome to hear.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nisforneville

N is for Neville who died of ennui

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2012 10:13:46 AM »

aprettymess, that dress is lovely. I love cupcakes, so I'm jealous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps, just ask!

http://www.pinterest.com/nisforneville/wishlist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 158 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrap Busting Artwork
Let's Monkey Around!
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...