A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 309,973
Currently Running With Scissors:
468 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 158
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 2012 DeStash-Along (*Closed*)  (Read 298683 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1290 on: June 24, 2012 02:30:25 AM »

ooh I will save that idea for the next one I make cursive_queen as I'd need to put them on when sewing the head together.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1291 on: June 24, 2012 09:04:38 AM »

My stash grew again today  Grin but I know have  a stash of something I didn't have before - ribbons - all kinds of lovely ribbons  Cheesy my niece works for a company that makes ribbon and was told she could have these if they'd be useful as they were just going in the skip  Shocked The box is 2ftx1ftx1ft and it was FULL. She took out all the blue & pink for her friend who makes diaper cakes and then some for herself to use on gifts and the rest came to her beloved Auntie Kook  Grin

there is wired chiffon, velvets, grosgrain, novelty prints (purple butterflies!!!  Grin Grin Grin) and plain polyester and some cotton too.
Quite a few are full spools still factory sealed. I love my family  Grin

« Last Edit: June 24, 2012 09:06:40 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best
50 in '14
50 in '15
bookstorebabe

Girl Genius! Kaja&Phil Foglio

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1292 on: June 24, 2012 10:25:24 AM »

Lucky you! What a haul!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you're going to go for tech that doesn't exist,think Willy Wonka,not Hoover!" Firefairy
https://www.etsy.com/shop/StudioLTD?ref=hdr_shop_menu Coupon code 'craftster' 10%
http://www.pinterest.com/studioltd
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #1293 on: June 25, 2012 08:21:40 AM »

gaudi--love your lapghans...they are a good size and you do a good job mixing colors...thanks for reminding me...I have four pillowcases to send in for Conkerr Cancer...they are easy to make and use up lots of fabric that I just got tired or bought for a particular thing and don't want to use it anymore!

The poppet skin is cool and creepy!  The wings are really neat...

I never even thought of ribbon as stash...what will you do with it?  I have two drawers of ribbon...no idea why...maybe for ornaments that I was going to make? UGH...my stashes do not seem to be going away much... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1294 on: June 25, 2012 08:30:00 AM »

Quite a bit of it is Christmassy so I guess folks will be getting ribbon trimmed ornaments this year  Grin

The petersham/grosgrain will work in my hat adventures and no doubt I will be making lots of ribbon roses and other flowers for hair clips etc. My Mum & my Aunt want me to make them some hair clips for the little girls in the family.I made two pink satin flowers earlier today which will get glued onto hairgrips later  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
50 in '15
cursive_queen
« Reply #1295 on: June 25, 2012 09:59:44 AM »

I need to work on tidying up my newly redesigned crafting area as my sister in Law is coming to visit and wants to do some crafting stuff.  Unfortunately it is summer in the south... so the garage is super hot and that's where all my stuff is Tongue  - it's unbearable if you run the dryer at the same time Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Taramor
« Reply #1296 on: June 26, 2012 08:40:42 AM »

My friend visited me, and we spent some hours organicing my fabricks. She told me about a destashing rule called 7-4-3. It means: if you have 7 of something - say 7 pieces of fabric - you throw away 4 and keep 3.
I pretended not to hear what she was saying  Roll Eyes. But I did throw samething away - scratchy, ugly fabric, not worth giving to charity, and my shelf's looks better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beth8144
It is just so stinkin' addictive!

CRAFTING KEEPS ME FROM GOING CRAZY!!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1297 on: June 26, 2012 08:52:39 AM »

While that rule makes lots of sence I am not sure I am a fan.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

So many ideas so little time. Will I ever get them all done?
http://wists.com/beth8144
http://pinterest.com/beth8144/
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1298 on: June 26, 2012 09:02:15 AM »

That isn't any rule I'll ever be playing by when it comes to craft supplies! I can imagine it's useful if you're just a general hoarder, if you have 7 ironing boards you'll still have plenty left when you've got rid of 4 but if you have 7 balls of yarn it's a potential blanket or sweater where 3 is not nearly enough   Shocked

My own rule for de-stashing is more along the lines of "don't buy anything new unless you absolutely need it." If I want a new skirt I have to make one from my fabric stash, it's no hardship I have plenty but I would allow myself to buy a matching zip if needed, I don't let myself buy buttons, I've inherited 2 peoples button boxes as well has having a ton of my own already  Grin
Today I bought two styrofoam balls to make ribbon wrapped tree decs for the winter holidays IF I can make something pretty enough I'll buy more which will help use up some of my lovely ribbon. If what I make looks like crap then I know not to bother buying more  Roll Eyes

I'm planning on making a doggy bed this week. My youngest son has been looking after my oldest sons dog, it was supposed to be for a week whilst he was on his hols but it looks like they'll be keeping him now so I will make him a new bed for his new home. It will basically be a big pillow in a big pillowcase easy to wash when needed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2012 09:10:03 AM by Kookaloo_Starr » THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
50 in '15
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Make All Things, especially from stash

Need Pink Floyd stamps for hubby! Will Swap!!

« Reply #1299 on: June 26, 2012 12:32:03 PM »

I made a list of unfinished projects today and vowed not to purchase anymore supplies until I got them done...and then I realized to get them done, I needed to purchase stuff...*SIGH*....

I have 18 quilts to finish...that is a lot of fabric... Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 158 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
March 22, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Chandelier Earrings
Mad Cats in Fun Hats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...