A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 298,065
Currently Running With Scissors:
736 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Craft This Tote Round 2! Send out by Jan. 31st  (Read 50224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

unsuperb
« Reply #540 on: January 31, 2012 05:05:27 PM »

Sent!  Apparently, silentblair's post-office line made it out to my postoffice.  The place was packed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
silentblair
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Intellect and Romance over Brute Force and Cynicism

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 31, 2012 08:51:37 PM »

Ooo can't wait!
Sorry the post office was packed.  Tongue
All I can think about when that happens to me is "how many germs am I breathing in from these people?"
I think that on airplanes too.
Not that your going to get a cold....I didn't mean it!
I came down with a cold last Sat. and I'm at the point where my head feels like a bowling ball.  Grin
So, I'm seeing germs everywhere. Trying not to spread them and trying to stay away from getting more.

I seem to be a rambler tonight!
NyQuil here I come!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #542 on: February 01, 2012 02:26:50 AM »

2 days? So far I've been waiting over 2 weeks for my parcel to arrive with EllaRain. The joys of international posting.
I am guessing I will get your package any day now. The last time I did an international swap (to Spain) the packages took right around two weeks to arrive (I think 15 or 16 days).  I am sure your package will be worth the wait.  Grin
Still  I sent quite a few days after you did so I fear you may be last person in this swap to receive. . . Cue swap anxiety.

I think Bubblegum Phoenix and I will be contenders for that post as we're both sending to the other side of the world  -  NZ & UK  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: February 01, 2012 07:23:54 AM »

Question to anyone:  I think I made the bag for OGD the wrong way!  How did you know which side of the bag fabric to hem?  I hemmed the longer of the two, so the bag wound up being a little wider than it was taller.  All the bags I see pictured in the gallery look taller, so I'm presuming everyone else hemmed the shorter side.  How did you know which side to hem?  I've re-read the pattern a gazillion times, but I don't see any specifications which side to hem.   Huh       
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: February 01, 2012 07:28:20 AM »

According to the animated tutorial on the morsbag website the shoter sides are the top and bottom. I don't suppose it really matters one way or the other in the grand scheme of things though  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #545 on: February 01, 2012 07:32:41 AM »

Thanks, Kookaloo!  I didn't watch the video, just printed out the pattern.  I just kind of wing it most times.    That "splains" everything!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #546 on: February 01, 2012 07:44:29 AM »

Fiddlegirl8, on the morsbag printout, the first picture under "Making the Sides" starts out: "...lines show where to fold this time across shorter edge of material (top of bag)"--so technically, yes, the shorter side should be on top, but practically, it won't make a bit of difference--and I personally think it's silly to cut the fabric 18" x 20"--why not cut it 20" x 20", then measuring would be easier, you wouldn't have to worry about cutting a directional fabric the right way, and you would have a larger and more useful bag!  So when I make one of these again, I'm cutting mine 20" x 20"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: February 01, 2012 07:50:42 AM »

Leslie - thank you!  I now see that - I guess I really winged it on this one - I must have "skimmed" the written parts - but you and Kookaloo have made me feel better!!  I just looked at the pictures I took of the bag before I sent, and the picture doesn't make the bag look that much different from the others already posted in the gallery.   Does the pattern (or the tutuorial) indicate how much fabric to use for the top hem?  I couldn't find that part either.  I guess this turned out to be more of a "fiddlegirl8 bag" instead of a genuine "Morsbag".  Yikes!   Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #548 on: February 01, 2012 08:23:54 AM »

No, the directions were really vague about measurements of the hems and seams; that's why I posted the tutorial on my blog, to show how I did it and I gave the measurements I used in case anyone wanted to know.  But because they were vague, the exact measurement doesn't really matter; everyone's will be a little different, which makes them more personal!  I can't wait to see yours, Diane!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 08:39:39 AM by Leslieshappyheart » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
wendiek

Creativity is a gift! Wrap it up and give it away.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #549 on: February 01, 2012 11:34:59 AM »

Just discovered I appliqued the handle to the inside of the bag... oops. Sad (Hopefully) Fast fix then off to mail!

Update: Fixed & Shipped!

Hahaha, that sounds just like me! I have that now and then... The stupid thing is, while sewing I always find that the fabric seems so thick. DUH Roll Eyes

I guess this turned out to be more of a "fiddlegirl8 bag" instead of a genuine "Morsbag".  Yikes!   Undecided

Well, that is exactly what this swap is about!! A personalized bag! You did that! So be proud!

(And I like to wing (that sounds so funny) things too... I hate all this reading and measuring... hahaha, but shh don't tell! Lips sealed)
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012 11:35:19 AM by wendiek » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Triple Crochet
How to Crochet and Change Color Without Knots
How to Make a Wallet from a Computer Keyboard
How to Make Emergency Sunglasses Out Of Duct Tape
How to Make a Custom Faceplate for Your Xbox 360
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...