A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
573 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A-Team Jumper!  (Read 1327 times)
Tags for this thread: sweater , jumper , a_team  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fair Rosamund
« on: December 29, 2011 02:14:25 AM »

Hi,

I haven't posted on Craftster in ages and I'm usually to be found over in needlework but this last year I've taken up knitting and crochet so here i am!

I set myself a bit of a challenge in mid November, i decided to learn to knit so that i could make an A-Team jumper for my boyfriend's Christmas present. He said he had one as a kid and would like one again. I tried to find a pattern on eBay but it went for silly money, but then i found one on Amazon for a fiver and away i went!

I had to work on it like a crazy person, and there were more than a few times i thought i wouldn't make it in time but i managed to finish it on Christmas day. Here are the results, I'm incredibly proud, though next time i make a jumper I'm going to allow myself more than 5 weeks to do it!

Here's a close up, i stranded the intarsia but didn't leave enough slack, so had to snip the threads at the back and stitch over the pattern with thread , i really hope it doesn't unravel!

And here's the 1980s pattern 'Gary Kennedy Intarsia UK', I've become a bit addicted to these patterns and have bought a bunch of other 80s classics too!

Thanks,
Roz
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LiritKiraly
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011 02:58:53 AM »

This is fab! very neat Cheesy I'd love to have the confidence to tackle something like this (my knitting skills only stretch as far as scarfs :S) Just a thought for you, could you not iron on a sheet of bondaweb on the back of the image and loose threads? Would def hold everything in place then, I often see that stuff (or stuff similar) on the back of my kids tops.... They withstand an awful lot of washing/ironing Smiley (just a thought) Still, nonetheless this is cool! reminds me of being a little lass Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
italianchildhood

Ti canteremo noi cipressi i cori...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2011 04:48:45 AM »

It's fantastic!
I can't believe you just started knitting and you did THIS!  It's phenomenal.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://YouCraft.org ... free crafts classifieds
... with lots of cute things listed
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2011 05:32:18 AM »

This is fab! very neat Cheesy I'd love to have the confidence to tackle something like this (my knitting skills only stretch as far as scarfs :S) Just a thought for you, could you not iron on a sheet of bondaweb on the back of the image and loose threads? Would def hold everything in place then, I often see that stuff (or stuff similar) on the back of my kids tops.... They withstand an awful lot of washing/ironing Smiley (just a thought) Still, nonetheless this is cool! reminds me of being a little lass Cheesy

I'd suggest iron on interfacing, or even machine embroidery stabiliser.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Fair Rosamund
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2011 08:34:22 AM »

Thanks for the tips about the bondaweb and interfacing, I'll definitely investigate it!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
twelvedaysold

http://twelvedaysold.blogspot.com/

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2011 10:15:17 AM »

Oh my goodness, this looks phenomenal!  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Trekky
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2011 03:39:38 PM »

I am sooooooo impressed that you learnt to knit & then knitted this!!!  It is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://craftytrekky.blogspot.com/

I have lots of train tickets (I get the train most days), if anyone wants some for papercrafting just send me a PM Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Lab Color Mode Trick For Boosting Colors
How to Draw Stimpy
How to Draw Steve
How to Draw Squidward
How to Draw Stan Smith (American Dad)
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...