A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,623
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: OTT Anime/Manga swap (sign-ups Dec 27th -Jan 17th, SO Feb 15th)  (Read 9288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2012 11:43:13 AM »

Partners! Aw, I'm going to get to know so much cool stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2012 12:01:51 PM »

Woo! Partners! Now to figure out what in the world I'm going to make...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
BunnieBard
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2012 02:10:56 PM »

...amalgam, I hope your name is a FMP reference.  Smiley There's a new set of rumors going around that it's going to get another season of anime, but...

ANYHOO~ I don't recognize my partner's top two anime (so yay new things to watch!), but I do recognize her favorite character Mami Tomoe (from Mahou Shoujou Madoka Magica) because of the silly meme about her!  Cheesy It's actually kind of a gruesome thing, but I can't take her seriously because she's voiced by the same actress who did Navi the obnoxious fairy in Zelda. All I can think is "Look! Listen!" and I just crack up...  Cheesy

I know exactly what I'm making, but am missing one material. If it arrives soon, I should have this done in a few days. EDIT: So... uhm... except for this one material, I'm done? Can I send out early, or should I wait for the 15th?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012 05:06:18 PM by BunnieBard » THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2012 10:25:39 AM »

BunnieBard, my name isn't a reference to Full Metal Panic, but it is anime related. I got it from the opening theme song from Samurai Champloo: "...my modus operandi is amalgam..." I didn't know what the word meant at the time so I looked it up. It's mainly used to refer to the mix of metals used for dental fillings, but it can also mean just being a mixture of many different things. This is the meaning I like to refer to.Smiley

And as far as your package goes, if you finish everything early, you can go ahead and send it. It just means we'll need a gallery sooner.Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Tygermane
Addicted to crafting

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: January 18, 2012 10:47:25 AM »

amalgam is right, as soon as we have our first sender, I will post the gallery Smiley

I already know exactly what I'm going to make for my partner!  I can't wait to get started, I'm currently in the 80s cartoon swap, so as soon as I finish that up, I will be starting in on my partners OTT Smiley  YAY!! (I may start working on it before hand just because I'm impatient like that lol)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudsnapper
« Reply #55 on: January 18, 2012 01:30:01 PM »

I'm getting ready to try and see if I can do my project with the materials I have, but if I have to get new stuff that'll be okay, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2012 07:49:29 AM »

Oh gosh. Out of the 27 favorites my partner highlighted in red, I'm only familiar with 8. Wah~
Time to do some research. I'd say I'll be finished with it by next Thursday.
Markers, marker, copic markers. Need more colors~ off to Hobby Lobby!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
haveyoumetlisa
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2012 08:20:13 AM »

Oh gosh. Out of the 27 favorites my partner highlighted in red, I'm only familiar with 8. Wah~

27 favorites?!?!  Shocked  At least you're getting introduced to some new anime!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
11denson
Basically, I have two speeds. Hostile or smart-alek. Your choice.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2012 10:56:51 AM »

27 favorites?!?!  Shocked  At least you're getting introduced to some new anime!  Cheesy

No, no. my partner has 76 favorites and 27 of them are highlighted in red (her very,very favs.). Bam!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Quitting something...And doing something...Both have the same meaning. They are accomplishments. The two necessary items are sincerity and action."
cloudsnapper
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2012 12:52:30 PM »

Wow! So many favorites! I'm glad I didn't have to pick from so many for my partner!
Does it count as one tiny thing if you have to fold it easily twice to make the size requirement? I'm not talking like a t-shirt here, stuffing it in a tiny box, but it has 3 connected parts that def. fit in the size requirements.
If you need specifics to answer the question, pm me and I'll elaborate and tell you what it is. I hope the thing I'm making is okay since I've already started!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways To Wear Leather Shorts For Fall
Le Bon Marché: Inside the Birthplace of Shopping
Chanel Spring 2014 RTW Runway Show: Celebrity Sightings at PFW 2014
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
How to Style Your College Campus Gear
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...