A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,586
Currently Running With Scissors:
459 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What crafts do all the ND craftsters do?  (Read 5770 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ohmyword
« on: June 19, 2005 01:51:06 PM »

I knit and crochet mostly, but also sew clothing, bags and such.  I'd like to get into jewelry, but I think that will have to wait until some of my yarn and fabric dissapears or the hubby won't be to happy.. heh.

What do the rest of you do?

edit:  Oh, I'm also in Minot.  Just moved here from GF a month ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
funkyjunkie
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005 11:58:13 PM »

Sorry, not in ND but look to the south and you'll find me in SD (Chamberlain to be exact!).

I crochet and make & sell my jewelry (www.funkyjunkie.biz). I'm part of a small group who meets weekly for knit & crochet, too.

I do a little sewing, though it's been awhile since I've pulled out my ancient Singer. I'm actually waiting on a hand-me-down Singer from my MIL, less ancient & easier to use. So, yes, hoping to get into more sewing - clothing & home decor. If nothing else, I need something to use up my stash of thrift store fabric!

If memory serves me right, I hear there's a good bead store in Minot(?).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funky junkie ~ addictively good handcrafted jewelry ~ www.funkyjunkie.biz ~ the blog @ www.funkyjunkie.biz/blog
ohmyword
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005 03:13:19 PM »

I don't know of that bead store.  Do you remember the name of it?  I'll have to look it up and see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

etsy

I do personal swaps.
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005 07:01:51 PM »

would you guys be interested in writing a must-hit reveiw of your towns. ill write one for grand forks, i dont know minot at all but ive got friends there, and chamberlain...well that sounds fun too. me i sew and knit, i dabble in jewelry and stuff like that. really im a diy accessorizer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2005 04:22:05 PM »

I leave this board alone so often, dang!

I'm a kinda-knitter, more of a crocheter. I love random fabric stuff like skirts and purses and pillowcases and bags.
I love clothes like crazy, so modifying and all that's a kick.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Rapture

Live your Creative Potential, Be True to Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005 12:25:37 AM »

Fargo Here,

My craftyness is somewhat limited, I don't know how to fix my sewing machine so i have not ever actually "used it"  i dont know how to knit or crocet....  everything i sew is done by hand or with glue : )  i like making acessories and fixing up things... i hope to learn to be more crafty someday... when i have more time and cash...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onesmallinstrument

I am your pamphleteer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2005 08:54:52 AM »

I'm a terrible with a sewing machine and I could never get past a single stitch with crochet, so I stick to paper arts, mosaic work, and welding.  Tape is also a favored tool, and my favorite materials to work with are probably craft wire and broken objects.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"How I don't know what I should do with my hands when I talk to you. How you don't know where you should look, so you look at my hands."
melenajade
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007 09:38:07 AM »

I'm in Fargo.
I love to crochet, I learned to knit, and I own a sewing machine.  For the most part though, I just buy pretty yarn, hold to to my face, and fantisize about what I could make if I had more time or space. It really helps if you have space to sprawl your craft stuff out.  I live in a studio- I have no sprawl space!

Melena
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nicotinic
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007 04:10:26 PM »

I live in Minot but as of next week I will live in Cavalier. When I first moved here the lack of fabric stores turned me from being mainly a sewer to a knitter. I somehow don't like buying fabric on the internet but yarn doesn't bother me.

BTW-This may be old news but these is a yarn store in Minot called the Yarn Stash. They have a nice selection of yarn and there prices are less than a couple of the yarn catalogs I get.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bean15

I am a mean, sarcastic person who is just too nice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007 07:17:32 AM »

west fargo here.  i craft almost anything.....knit,crochet, sew, solder, jewlery--both beading and wire work, weld, woodwork, spinning...and anything else i convince myself i should learn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Big Mac Sushi Roll
Shake It Up - Miso Dressing Recipe
Kitchen Kids: Making a Bento Lunch Box
How to Make Dan Dan Noodles
Chicken Tikka Masala with Lasagna Fusion Dish
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...