A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
569 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Meet Our 4Q2011 Home Sweet Home Featured Member - Jenxx!  (Read 2161 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MissingWillow
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator
Sewing in General Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: December 19, 2011 04:17:57 PM »

We've enjoyed her giant cheeseburger pillow and carousel horse constructed from a child's toy posts.  We're pleased to announce the 4Q2011 Home Sweet Home featured member is Jenxx!

Tell us a little about yourself.
I'm a retired snowbird who spends the summers in Illinois & winters in Florida.  I've always had a passion for creating & spend more time at it than is good for me.   I'm willing to use just about any medium available...my latest is clay classes.  I'm loving those altho they're limited to summer.  I've learned that I'm something of a maverick who doesn't follow directions well &, while I love hunting the internet for inspiration,  prefer to create my own patterns.

Your 28" cheeseburger seemed to be well received!  Do you have any plans for additional giant food pillows?
My cheeseburger began as an entry in a contest to "Create a Pillow".  I spent several weeks in the thinking stage before doing anything tangible....this is my usual approach to a project.  It actually took me only a day or two to complete it.  It's quite simply made with mostly circles.  People have suggested I follow it up with a hot dog, fries & a coke.  I've figured out how I would proceed but haven't found the time yet.

Your carousel horse is stunning.  What was your inspiration and what was the hardest thing about the project?
My carousel horse is one of my favorite creations.  I had seen them several times & hunted flea markets for a child's toy to buy at a reasonable price.  When I finally found it for $10, I enlisted Hubby to strip it from the frame & mount it on a closet rod.  That was easy for him but would have stymied me.  I guess he really IS worth keeping around.  The rest was time consuming but not difficult.  I had to repaint part of the saddle because the paint didn't match but it went pretty smoothly otherwise.   

On what other Craftster boards will people find projects you've posted?
I've posted a number of crafts on other topics---all listed in my photo gallery.  My most industrious is probably my life size old world Santas.
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392609.msg4652271#msg4652271

What's your favorite item on Craftster created by someone else?
I've found so many fantastic art & craft projects on this site that it would be difficult to choose a favorite.  I've found tho, that I tend to love the ones that go beyond patterns & instructions to explore a new direction.  These are the most inspiring & I really appreciate that the Craftster community provides a venue where everyone can showcase their creations so they will inspire others.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I Sew Cute
Jewelry and Trinkets Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I'm a Fanatic Friend of Craftster!

Take me to the kittens!!! >^.^<

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011 07:42:37 PM »

Congrats on the feature Jenxx! Your work is very inspiring!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out Trinkets & Jewelry! Wink
pinterest
blog
twitter
etsy
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Big Game Snackers with Chef Jill Houk
Brunch for a Bunch with Chef Cat De Orio
Charcoal Grill Barbecue Demo
Red, White, and Blue Dog by Chef Cat De Orio
Potato Salad with Hot Smoked Sausage by Chef Jill
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...