A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,755
Currently Running With Scissors:
787 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boyfriend going on teaching placement  (Read 860 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PaperWings

Flippin right.

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2011 01:48:57 PM »

Hello!

So, my boyfriend is in teacher's college and he has to move about 2 hours away to do his final placement for a couple months. He's 23 and kind of nervous. I'd like to make him something that reminds him of being teacher-y and to remember to call home. haha. He's unreasonably practical. He really love hockey, drinking and driving his car. He's disorganized, he's witty, likes pizza.

I just want to make him something to smile about when things get tough and something that is potentially practical. (I also want to remind him to call home, and maybe come home on weekends  Wink )

Hope you guys can help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of a thousand is a statistic.
Onyxnox
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Crafting keeps the madness at bay. Or is it the cause?

Willing to personal swap for art of my doggies!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011 08:39:00 PM »

Make him up a calender/agenda book/journal with some special pics and mark off special dates on it, with little notations like "call ____", or special messages of love and inspiration, and add a couple of phone cards or something, and maybe a personalized beer stein.  Throw in the teacher theme however you want - maybe some quotes such as :

Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths theater.  ~Gail Godwin

A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.  ~Henry Brooks Adams

A good teacher is a master of simplification and an enemy of simplism.  ~Louis A. Berman

The mediocre teacher tells.  The good teacher explains.  The superior teacher demonstrates.  The great teacher inspires.  ~William Arthur Ward
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~my blog~ - DON'T READ IF YOU ARE IN A SWAP WITH ME AND DON'T WANT A SPOILER!!!!  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!
~my pinterest~
bubbles1979
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011 07:51:01 PM »

As a teacher of many years, I call tell you that no teacher is complete without a reusable mug or cup (if he's in that rare percentage that doesn't drink coffee).  You can paint him one with "teacher-y" stuff like apples, numbers, pencils, etc. plus stuff that he likes to make it unique to him.
I also have one that I think is pretty awesome that's painted with chalkboard paint so he can write on it!  You could paint it in the form of a "To Do" list with bullet points for him to fill in but paint the top one with a permanent "Call home" Smiley
Best of luck to him- the internship part is the most difficult but the most useful part of college!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stonedx
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011 12:23:03 AM »

I think a DIY calendar is an awesome gifts. Marked down with counting downs to the no. of days. and also the impt dates both of you share.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Homemade Pizza Bread
Frugal Family Feast: Red Beans and Rice Recipe
How to Make Pizza Quesadillas
How to Make Pizza Pinwheels
How to Make Mac and Cheese in a Rice Cooker
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...