A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,544
Currently Running With Scissors:
545 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Belfast, Northern Ireland based Crafty group  (Read 1424 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lahovme
« on: May 29, 2009 04:26:38 PM »

~ Belfast's alternative Stich-n-Bitch collective ~

WHO:
"a kind of Punk Rock craft group" ~ a group of like-minded people interested in craft but who like to take a more individual stance on things (i.e. not just buying and making things from kits). Adjust your craft to suit your personality! Smiley

WHAT:
Founded by Vicky in June 2008 to help establish an up-to-date craft scene in Belfast (which appeared to be sorely lacking), the aim of the group is to provide an outlet for creativity for it's members through incessant crafting mixed with a hint of gossip Smiley as well as raising the profile of craft in Belfast. There is also an opportunity to make and sell goods at the successful monthly Black Market in the Black Box. In 2009 we plan to arrange events, outings, swaps, workshops, demonstrations and community events for those interested.

WHERE:
In the delightful Common Grounds Cafe on University Avenue. Upon entering turn to your right and look for the long table by the wall (if you can make it out under all the wool, yarn, material etc). Sometimes it's reserved for us, and sometimes we just have to pull out the menacing glances Wink

WHEN:
We meet every Thursday from 7pm onwards (usually until they chuck us out). Everyone is welcome to come along... just look for the messy table and the raucous laughter Wink Bring an easily-transportable, non-toxic project to work on and an open mind ready for a creative and relaxing evening.

WHY:
Because we like to. Because we want to. Because we want to meet new like-minded friends. Because it's fun. Because we have an addiction Smiley and because Common Grounds serve the BEST food and buns for a coffee shop in Belfast Cheesy

Contact Info- handmadebrigade@hotmail.com

edited to add, we will not be meeting on the fourth of june but business will continue as usual on the 11 of june.

Please come and join us!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
iradaska
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2011 03:59:24 PM »

Hi!

It would surprise you, but I will arrive in belfast in 2 weeks from Zaragoza (Spain) as an Erasmus student!

Do you still go on meeting? I wold really like to meet you some day. I will stay there at least until January, maybe until June.

Since I move to a new house and so on... I wont have stuff for doing craft at all but... ideas are on my mind! and maybe you can show me nice fabric shops or whatever Smiley. I am really excited!!!!!

Looking forward to meet you soon,

Viki.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011 04:00:06 PM by iradaska » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My tools, my hands
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sunset Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Sports Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Product Photography
Canon XSi/450D: Set for Portrait Scene
Canon XSi/450D: Set for People-in-Landscape Scene
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...