A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 298,774
Currently Running With Scissors:
457 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What I've Been Up To  (Read 2702 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frenchonion

Keep calm and make a list

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 28, 2011 05:08:38 PM »

It's been quite a while since I posted here and while I try to poke in every now and then to see what you all have been up to, I haven't really had the time what with the baby running around now =P

Since I'm all laid up on the couch with a stomach bug, I figured now is a good a time as ever to show off what I've been up to in the shoe world since my last post. Enjoy~ <3

I was a bit rushed with the photos of this one, so they're pretty sub par, but you can get the idea. This pair was designed post haste for a gallery in Detroit (I was dancing on my bed for like an hour when they contacted me hehe). I sent them over with the Oasis wedge heels some of you might have seen Smiley

My winter boots. I have been dying to get these finished since last winter. I have always had a fascination with skunks (they're so cute!) and their pelts and knew that I needed to use them somewhere in my life.

I get really frustrated looking for winter boots because I hate hate hate faux fur. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get into it. Real fur boots are like, a bajillion dollars, and when making this boot, I know why. It's very expensive and a real pain to work with. (also now I have skunk heads and tails hanging out in my studio lol)

It all worked out though because even though they aren't lined or anything, they are incredibly warm. Because I used genuine skunk (really, who else wears skunk?) I can wear them in the snow without worrying about any damage. Woohoo! Perfect for New England winters! Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I wore these to a concert that my fiancee's students held. He's a guitar teacher and his students range from ages 5-15. They got a kick out of these babies haha

I haven't worn these yet. Sad I need to go out with grown ups more often haha Finally found a use for my old cellphones though!

These I wore for almost the whole summer. (when I wasn't wearing my oatmeal shoes :3) They were so much fun and went with just about everything I owned. Can't wait for spring to come so I can pull them out again. Smiley

Thanks for looking guys! Stay inspired! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like What You see?
http://www.merlodesigns.etsy.com

I think I'm interesting!
twitter.com/merlodesigns
TrickyMcVomit
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Uniclown.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011 11:30:10 PM »

I <3 skunks  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Burgawinosourus
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011 01:12:54 AM »

Those are all really creative and cool! I especially love the first ones.

And the guitar pick ones? I think those are my absolute favorites. <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do what I like and I like what I do.
Cordwainer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011 05:05:36 PM »

Beautiful work.  I love the skunk boots.  Never thought of working with skunk pelts.  Only ever made mountain man hats out of them.  Wonder what those boots would look like with the tails hanging from the back of the tops?  probably be a tripping hazard anyway.  Keep up the amazing work! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QVID ME ANXIVS SVM?
frenchonion

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2011 08:08:06 AM »

Beautiful work.  I love the skunk boots.  Never thought of working with skunk pelts.  Only ever made mountain man hats out of them.  Wonder what those boots would look like with the tails hanging from the back of the tops?  probably be a tripping hazard anyway.  Keep up the amazing work! 

Thanks! I considered hanging the tails from the back as 2 out of the 4 skunks I used had GORGEOUS tails, but it looked too pioneer for what I be wear them with. I have no idea what I'm going to be using the tails for yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like What You see?

I think I'm interesting!
twitter.com/merlodesigns
raelynn93
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011 05:23:00 PM »

I love them all, but that last pair. Gee whiz those are cute! Could you possible give me some pointers of how you got the print on there? Is it actual fabric, or paper, or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
EarthybyNature

Start a Revolution!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011 02:49:44 PM »

I love what you did here! Kudos! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I do personal swaps!

A Recycling/Up-cycling/Eco-friendly/Painting/Papering/Beading/Artist Hippy Freak.
frenchonion

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011 11:59:00 AM »

I love them all, but that last pair. Gee whiz those are cute! Could you possible give me some pointers of how you got the print on there? Is it actual fabric, or paper, or what?

They are made with actual book pages. Smiley However, because my shoes are a source of income for me, I do not do any how-tos, but I do hope to inspire others to get their creative shoe on!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like What You see?

I think I'm interesting!
twitter.com/merlodesigns
ColetteK
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011 10:31:30 AM »

They are all so beautiful! Love the boots.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lilmisswriterc
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012 07:38:20 PM »

The newsprint ones are my favorite.  I'm a writer so I'm really drawn to them.  Adorable.  I'd love a pair of my own!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Cheese Plate Extraordinaire
How to Make Gourmet Turkey Gravy
How to Make Bacon Part 2
How to Make Bacon Part 1
Seared Chicken Breast with Candied Carrots
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...