A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,170
Currently Running With Scissors:
653 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 174
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 230587 times)
Tags for this thread: african  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lilfishyinbigblu
« Reply #490 on: June 06, 2006 03:17:59 PM »

you can remove dreads and have OK hair after it. i removed mine after having them for about 4 months. it took about a day to comb them all out and many many tubes of conditioner. and i continue to condition like mad but my hair is still long and in pretty good shape. so if removing them is any ones fears, they can be combed out, it just takes a whole lot of time....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #491 on: June 06, 2006 03:25:58 PM »

the new hair is in beter condition than the lower/older hair that has been dreadded and matted even..
i can get that after 4 months the hair isn't doing too bad but after a year or more it cant be doing too well
and by too well i mean in comparison to non dreaded hair..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hyena
« Reply #492 on: June 06, 2006 04:12:47 PM »

Warning, pix! I am so happy how my dreads turn out so wonderful, it is way way better than the first time.
My little experience
Wash your dreads once a week with an antiresidue shampoo, very important
Use natural wax one a week
back comb a little roots and ends
difficult to do on yourself, but the crochet trick is wonderful!

Let me know what you think

Sorry the pix were for showing off something else (outfit) at first.

EDIT: my butt is NOT that huge, baggy pants's fault (yep, true! I swear, I can even spit!) Grin
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006 04:14:29 PM by Hyena » THIS ROCKS   Logged
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 06, 2006 04:22:58 PM »

your dreads look great, the color is awsome!....i also like the outfit, lol  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
Hyena
« Reply #494 on: June 06, 2006 04:35:30 PM »

ohhh I forgot to post about your picture with the baby bird, it is the most adorable pix! You are a cute as the bird and as fluffy! Thank you for your nice words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkkittypiper
Bead Junkie

Can't cut a straight line to save my life...

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: June 06, 2006 04:47:18 PM »

Hyena your dreads are awesome and I love your outfit (the t-shirt and shrug especially - did you make them both?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Where the wild things are is where I am most at home!
Wanna do a personal swap? PM me!!!
My wists: http://www.wists.com/pinkkittypiper
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 06, 2006 04:52:48 PM »

ohhh I forgot to post about your picture with the baby bird, it is the most adorable pix! You are a cute as the bird and as fluffy! Thank you for your nice words!

haha! thanks we dont have that bird now tho...we had to give him to our freinds on a farm(that all the eggs came from) because we arnt alowed to have them where we live-*angst* but we still have 3 duckys and 1 turky. oh! and we had some button quail hatch! they were so cute but we didnt have anywhere to put them where they wouldnt get trampled, so to the farm they went....sorry for the offtopicness   Tongue

ps, there are some pics of them on my blog ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
Hyena
« Reply #497 on: June 06, 2006 04:53:35 PM »

thanx pinkkittypiper! I just have 10 dreads so far. I need to dread the sides and the back of my head. But they are so fluffy and healthy that it looks like everything is dreaded. Hubby calls it the little mess.
The tee is from Kid Pirate, she is awesome super talented, everything she designs is UBER cute (I took it in, cause I am so skinny that the small size was too big...). The shrug I crocheted it with rmd design handspun yarn. It is super soft merino and it doesn't itch at all! I will post more pix in the crochet forum.
Thank you for your super nice words!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viri
« Reply #498 on: June 07, 2006 02:09:38 AM »

Yeah Hyena they are so nice.... I wish mine will be as nice as yours. AM I right that it's much longer than last time? If yes they are growing really fast.
I really like the  shrug aswell. I planning to knit sg alike during the summer, if my temdoms are agreee haha. They are really sensitive and if I get tendovaginitis I have it for like two months wich means no capoeira so I'm really careful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
Souldier

make mini ramps... not war

View Profile WWW
« Reply #499 on: June 07, 2006 06:03:50 AM »

Ooooh how cute. I think shorter dreads are so spunky and full of life!! I sometimes miss my shorter dreads. Anyway they are awesome!!!!

On the topic of dread removal:
Sam: That's what I figured... after a year your matted hair can't be in that good of shape. But I was told that it worked. Who knows. Hopefully I never have to find out. haha.

The dreadremoval kit is some sort of super intense conditionner I'm guessing. I mean once your dreads are gone you could always use a hot oil treatment to help repair the damage and just give yourself a good 1 to 2 inch trim. Personally I'd rather have a little damaged hair and let the new growth come before I get rid of it. Better than a buzz cut. Well unless you're doing it for cancer which I will if it ever gets to the point of me not wanting dreads.... I don't forsee this happening anytime in the next couple decades.

I checked it out on their site and this is the stuff I found out about it:
http://www.knottyboy.com/learn/dreadremoval.php
http://www.knottyboy.com/shop/dreadlock_removal_kit/knotty_boy_emergency_dreadlock_removal_kit/

Whatever... for $25 I would give it a try. If it doesn't work it wouldn't be a huge waste of money.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://souldier.etsy.com
Handbags, trinkets, and oddities that truly allow you to march to your own beat.

http://petsouldiers.etsy.com
A place where pets and their owners can march to their own beat!

http://marching-souldier.blogspot.com/
A place where I vent. Ha!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 174 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The History of Cuban Art - Part 1/2
David Altmejd Profile
Karel Funk - Artist Profile
Vik Muniz - Artist Profile
Simon Fleming - Artist Profile
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...