A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
769 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 174
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 227038 times)
Tags for this thread: african  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foisty
« Reply #1480 on: May 18, 2008 03:04:06 PM »

Wow yours are really nice-Did you get them done professionally,or did you do them yourself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chocodog
« Reply #1481 on: May 18, 2008 03:59:33 PM »

Thanks! I got them done professionally. It was worth every penny, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2008 04:00:16 PM by chocodog » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop! Yay, buttons!
http://chocodog.etsy.com
Foisty
« Reply #1482 on: May 18, 2008 04:01:03 PM »

Once again they are beautiful
THIS ROCKS   Logged
outofthequestion
« Reply #1483 on: May 18, 2008 05:23:22 PM »

Well I'd be interested in seeing, Jezabel. I do understand the camera being focused on baby. Smiley

Chocodog, your dreads look great. What method did she use to put them in??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goin' crazy, and lovin' every minute...

http://www.crochetcastle.com
chocodog
« Reply #1484 on: May 19, 2008 12:38:52 AM »

She backcombed them, the used a Thai-style crochet method to knot them further. It was more of a jabbing sort of thing with a crochet hook. Either that, or she was just that fast at it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my Etsy shop! Yay, buttons!
http://chocodog.etsy.com
MCRguitarMCR
on the brink of finding commotion

I love My Chemical Romance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1485 on: May 19, 2008 09:11:43 AM »

Looks good! I cant wait to see how they look after a while
THIS ROCKS   Logged

killerdreads92
« Reply #1486 on: May 26, 2008 05:40:08 PM »

So I have read most of the 149 pages but I am definitely not going to read them all... and well I started my dreads umm 4 months ago?? maybe less but not by much. and I can't seem to find a good way to clean my scalp because every once in a while my head itches just like everyone else (dreaded or not) and well i get this almost waxy kind of substance in my fingernail after scratching...not entirely sure what this stuff is but can anyone suggest anything to help me out plz. Oh, and also I'm wondering a good way to wash the dreads themselves without the knots slipping out because every time I was my dreads seem to get worse and I wash 1-2 times a week...depending on how dirty I feel... I also use a non-residue shampoo made by nutragena or w/e. but im not sure i trust it. anyone have any shampoo suggestions also?

much thanks to all
THIS ROCKS   Logged
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: May 26, 2008 07:59:39 PM »

The waxy substance could be from the shampoo? or maybe dandruff?
umm the knots are going to slip out no matter what...no matter how much (or how uhh..not-much) you wash your hair.
thats what happens with locks that aren't natural, they will come out then start knotting back up, you just have to be patient and go along with the process.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
outofthequestion
« Reply #1488 on: May 26, 2008 08:41:53 PM »

I use Baby Magic Hair and Body wash on my dreads. I buy the HUGE bottle with the pump. I then wet my dreads thorougly, and then squirt some in my hand and start massaging it in between each dread. Don't be shinzy with the stuff. I usually add a squirt or two between each dread. Then, once you have it all over, add a little water and scrub your scalp good. Then, rinse and repeat. I'm not claiming to be an expert, because my dreads are only babies, but I tried several different shampoos, and baby magic hair and body wash works best to me. I did try another baby shampoo, and my dreads were horrible with it, so I wouldn't recommend any other baby shampoo brand (like Johnsons... that's the one that was horrible on my dreads)... Anyway, another thing I do for my scalp.. If its itchy (Which it isn't much, since I'm using the baby magic hair and body wash a couple times a week). I'll put some LISTERINE mouth wash into a little squeeze bottle. Lean over a sink and squeeze the listerine all over your scalp (Be careful not to get it in your eyes, I did, and it does NOT feel good at all!). Then, wrap your hair in plastic wrap or a towel if you have one that won't leave lint, and leave it a few hours (Maybe sleep in it). Then, wash your hair good with the baby magic, and your scalp shouldn't have problems for a while... Smiley I even did this before I had dreads. Plus, if you use a minty flavored listerine, your dreads smell minty fresh LOL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goin' crazy, and lovin' every minute...

http://www.crochetcastle.com
milkweed*
Once...there was this kid who...

easy peasy pumkin peasy pumkin pie motherf*ckers

View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: May 27, 2008 10:08:46 AM »

If its itchy (Which it isn't much, since I'm using the baby magic hair and body wash a couple times a week). I'll put some LISTERINE mouth wash into a little squeeze bottle. Lean over a sink and squeeze the listerine all over your scalp (Be careful not to get it in your eyes, I did, and it does NOT feel good at all!). Then, wrap your hair in plastic wrap or a towel if you have one that won't leave lint, and leave it a few hours (Maybe sleep in it). Then, wash your hair good with the baby magic, and your scalp shouldn't have problems for a while... Smiley I even did this before I had dreads. Plus, if you use a minty flavored listerine, your dreads smell minty fresh LOL...

Apple cider vinegar works like a charm if you don't have listerine
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Oh, look at him!" "He's checking out his hair!" "Get off our bus you filthy man." *knock* "'Ello Baybee!"

http://myspace.com/gwuncey
"A TRUE friend stabs you in the front"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 174 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 2
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 1
Prepare Broccoli for Chinese food
Prepare Bok Choy for Chinese food
How to store cooking oil for later use
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...