A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,487
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 174
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 245635 times)
Tags for this thread: african  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

outofthequestion
« Reply #1310 on: October 03, 2007 10:12:08 AM »

Thanks Paisley.  I'll probably leave the bangs out, then. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goin' crazy, and lovin' every minute...

http://www.crochetcastle.com
outofthequestion
« Reply #1311 on: October 05, 2007 05:00:18 PM »

its me again... okay.. here's the dreads... but i have a question... why didn't I lose lenth?? Did I do something wrong? I didn't use wax or anything I just back combed and twisted... Is that wrong??

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd104/outothequestion/dreads2.jpg

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012 07:00:59 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

irish_chicky
« Reply #1312 on: October 05, 2007 05:39:55 PM »

they look awesome, they shrink up over time as the knots in your hair get tighter Smiley dont worry!!

I love that you left your bangs out, it looks so cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
emkay

The Sober Irish Girl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1313 on: October 05, 2007 06:02:40 PM »

For about a year, mine got shorter.  Then they stayed the same for about a year.  Then, finally... growth!
The bangs look adorable, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
outofthequestion
« Reply #1314 on: October 05, 2007 06:18:56 PM »

Thanks guys... So they look normal? And thanks about the bangs. I don't really like it that there are bangs, but I guess I can always grow them and dread them later. I don't know LOL... Thanks again for everyone's help! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lammvandal
« Reply #1315 on: October 21, 2007 08:17:37 AM »

I'm finally getting off my ass and posting my pictures. My dreads are about two months old now.  Grin

This is them right after they were finished:

And this is them now:

They're a little wet in this pictures, because I just got out of the water. They're a wee bit fuzzy, but coming along nicely! I love them.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

a shady lane, everybody wants one.
outofthequestion
« Reply #1316 on: October 21, 2007 05:01:11 PM »

Wow Lammvandal,  your dreads are so long! How I wish I hadn't cut my hair before putting dreads in. They look great! Do you use wax or anything on them? I haven't waxed mine. I'm using tea tree oil in my shampoo, and I LOVE it. At first the smell of tea tree oil seemed so strong, but now I love it. Smiley I even tell people without dreads to put it in their shampoo!

Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ktgotskills
« Reply #1317 on: October 22, 2007 03:14:40 PM »

Alright.. I am in need of guidance.

My boyfriend has dreadlocks, has had them now for just over 2 months.  They're coming along quite well, i think, but the problem is that in the back/on the bottom, the roots are kind of... conjoined. I was the one who gave him dreads, and I was kind of really in charge of them, except I went to college, and I only see him on the weekends, and we usually don't feel like sitting down for a really long time and having me pull his hair for a few hours.

So I realize that I should have been more vigilant, but what can i do now to kind of section off the dreads again? The only thing I can think of is to kind of cut them and maybe tie threads around the bases until it gets all knotty and the dreads are separate again.

I'm just freaking out that i did them all wrong in the first place and that he will have to wash them out...

help!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://doveknit.blogspot.com
Started a knitting blog.
irish_chicky
« Reply #1318 on: October 22, 2007 05:42:01 PM »

Alright.. I am in need of guidance.

My boyfriend has dreadlocks, has had them now for just over 2 months.  They're coming along quite well, i think, but the problem is that in the back/on the bottom, the roots are kind of... conjoined. I was the one who gave him dreads, and I was kind of really in charge of them, except I went to college, and I only see him on the weekends, and we usually don't feel like sitting down for a really long time and having me pull his hair for a few hours.

So I realize that I should have been more vigilant, but what can i do now to kind of section off the dreads again? The only thing I can think of is to kind of cut them and maybe tie threads around the bases until it gets all knotty and the dreads are separate again.

I'm just freaking out that i did them all wrong in the first place and that he will have to wash them out...

help!!!

nope you did nothing wrong, my dreads  do this and i've had them for 2 years, all u have to do is pull them apart, it doesn't hurt but it can sound gross. you'll hear a ripping noise. Just get him to do this every time he washes and every couple days to keep them apart.

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Brihene

i'm kind of a big deal.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1319 on: October 26, 2007 11:24:19 AM »

Okay, so I want dreads. My mom says they are the dirtiest things on the planet. Even though they're not.
I'm 13, and my hair is REALLY thick, and blond. It's wavy.
How do I get dreads? I probably sound like a n00b Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(\__/) This is Fat Bunny.
( o.o ) It has taken over, and eaten the unbelievers.
( > < )

My shop the swap 7 shop!

Horse swap, anyone?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 174 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Roasted Turkey
How to Make Roasted Pork and Potted Vegetables
How to Make Biscuits and Frankfurters
How to Make a Low Country Boil
How To Carve A Turkey
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...