A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,134
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 174
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 239350 times)
Tags for this thread: african  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Glitterandgore
« Reply #1080 on: December 10, 2006 08:04:38 PM »

Hello all of my dreaded loves. 

I got a bad hair cut.... Really bad.  She cut for all of my hair.  Undecided  I'm growing it back out though and I've pretty much gotten over being upset about it but I still want my freakin hair back cause I REALLLLLLLLY wat to dread it.

Can anyone think of a way to help my hair grow.  I've known about sage helping but Sage smoke makes me break out so the thought of putting it on my head scares me and my mum and bestie told me to use some horse shampoo.   Huh  I dun remember what it was called though. 

Any thoughts or suggestions would really help.

And I already know about synth dreads and have had them before, before anyone suggests it.   Wink

Thanx in advance.

<3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth.
John F. Kennedy, October 26, 1963
plague angel
« Reply #1081 on: December 10, 2006 11:12:40 PM »

from experience (i too have had all my hair hacked of by some shonky hairdresser wannabe) not much apart from a good diet and general health is gonna make it grow faster. i cant see much making a noticeable difference apart from hair extensions.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may you live in interesting times
viri
« Reply #1082 on: December 11, 2006 02:26:30 AM »

I agree, try some hair vitamines, and regularry (the more the better) massaging your scalp.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
Red Alibi

Change IS a Sound

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1083 on: December 11, 2006 03:14:22 AM »

I remember vaguely that keeping your head warm makes hair grow faster.
BUT take in to mind hair will also fall out quicker also.

There is no miracle cure to a short hair cut. I have to wait for my hair to grow also.. It's sad but time is the only thing that will make your hair grow, vitamins, minerals and whatever suplement wont help grow it but will help it grow somewhat stronger perhaps.

Viri, I'm not sure about massaging your scalp. It could help blood circulation but it might also over stimulate the hair folicles and just give you greasy hair.. but maybe it just feels nice and that makes it worth it Smiley

And besides, if there were a miracle hair growth thinggy.. don't you think everyone would know about it?  Roll Eyes

My final suggestion I guess is this:

People say that you can will thing to happen, like women willed their boobs to grow and they supposedly did. Maybe in this dire situation we could will out hair to grow by thinking about it? Or is this just my I just got out of bed head talking nonsense??? Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

viri
« Reply #1084 on: December 11, 2006 04:39:21 PM »

I've read this mineral and massage thing in a welness mag's q&a, well it does not have a reputation like nature or science but it can be true. I don't think it would do wonders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
Glitterandgore
« Reply #1085 on: December 18, 2006 05:59:35 PM »

My final suggestion I guess is this:

People say that you can will thing to happen, like women willed their boobs to grow and they supposedly did. Maybe in this dire situation we could will out hair to grow by thinking about it? Or is this just my I just got out of bed head talking nonsense??? Wink

That isn't nonsense at all actually.  Good suggestion.  I'll try everything I can think of honestly.  Thankyew.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth.
John F. Kennedy, October 26, 1963
spikelvr44
« Reply #1086 on: January 06, 2007 11:21:26 PM »

wow this information posting is long. well these messages have finally convinced me to dread my hair starting tonight. my mom thinks i shouldn't but she says she will help me. so so excited Grin. i'll post a pic
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viri
« Reply #1087 on: January 07, 2007 08:52:04 AM »

I'm looking forward to see it. SG interesting tonight. I have to learn cognitive psychology ewwwww Sad Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
wetpixie
« Reply #1088 on: February 09, 2007 08:12:08 PM »

i have had dreads for 4 months and my hair has shunk to half the size it was, when i first got them, also they are really lumpy, and lots of hairs are loose, when i first got my dreadperm they told me that my dreads were formed like i wanted them.....thin and straight, but now all i have are lumpy, short dreads.....plus my hair has alot of build up on it.
is there any advice for someone who is thinking of cutting them all off......i am feeling discouraged ...help any advice would be great!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irish_chicky
« Reply #1089 on: February 10, 2007 04:25:59 AM »

hey wet, dont worry dreads are suppose to shrink and get bumpy, they will smooth out eventually, or u may have some bumps forever, I still have some. Loose hairs pretty much comes with the deal with dreads, but dont worry as they mature they will lock in. as for the build up you could always try washing them with a resedue free soap, i'm not sure what they have to put in your hair to get a dread perm, but i'm sure it's not good, wash wash wash with hot water and soap is all i can say, or try an acv= apple cider vinigar rince.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am interested in doing personal swaps!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 174 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Insta Photographers - Are Apps Like Instagram Ruining Photography?
Insta Photographers
Inside Out Project: When Life Becomes Art
RAW File Basics
The Time of Day in Digital Photography
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...