A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,556
Currently Running With Scissors:
742 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 174
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Dreadlocks  (Read 226861 times)
Tags for this thread: african  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

viri
« Reply #1010 on: October 10, 2006 12:33:19 PM »

THX Wallaby. As I said I have trouble with the crocheting but I roll them much instead, and my kind friends =4 girls agreed to give a hand so I hope it will be neater by the end of the weekend. I start to feel them greasy after 14 ays of not washing them, so I may wash it next week.
I tryed alo gel, but it did not help with the frizziness, otherwise it's a great product I'll use it later as a conditioner. Do you think the plant would help like a tightening gel, or it's just not working for me. I have thick hair, and I never had much luck w/ wax or gel when I had normal hair. (I didn't use anything on my hair in 6 month just residue free soap and lemon juice.).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
rhino
« Reply #1011 on: October 10, 2006 03:12:27 PM »

THX Wallaby. As I said I have trouble with the crocheting but I roll them much instead, and my kind friends =4 girls agreed to give a hand so I hope it will be neater by the end of the weekend. I start to feel them greasy after 14 ays of not washing them, so I may wash it next week.
I tryed alo gel, but it did not help with the frizziness, otherwise it's a great product I'll use it later as a conditioner. Do you think the plant would help like a tightening gel, or it's just not working for me. I have thick hair, and I never had much luck w/ wax or gel when I had normal hair. (I didn't use anything on my hair in 6 month just residue free soap and lemon juice.).

i LOVE the way dr bronners castile liquid soap smells after i wash my hair with it use it to wash my laundry clean the dishes and the countertops as well.. the bronners dries my hair out a bit but it feels squicky clean i got mine through amazon.com.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
jpatti
« Reply #1012 on: October 10, 2006 08:06:45 PM »

I "get it" that some people's hair doesn't knot. 

My husband is like that.  He's got shoulder-length hair and right out of the shower, he can run his fingers through it.  He has never used conditioner and doesn't "get" what it is for.  If he doesn't comb or brush his hair even for a day or two, it makes no difference.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to dread his hair, it'd probably take years to knot up properly.

Whereas... I can shower, condition, brush my hair out, then get the final knots the brush doesn't reach with a pick, and it only remains knot-free for about 10 minutes.

I'm currently in the "floating the idea" stage about dreads. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Safetyfox
Neither safe, nor a fox.

Im in yr grden, drinkin yr beerz

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1013 on: October 11, 2006 01:12:54 AM »

oh and ps, i have seriously freaked out a couple of my arachnophobic friends by waving my hair at them.

Hahaha I'm a total arachnophobe and when my dreads were new, short and sticky-uppy I freaked myself out Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wait a minute, where's me jumper? On Ravelry of course.

Infrequently updated blog: safetyfox.blogspot. com
viri
« Reply #1014 on: October 11, 2006 03:55:12 AM »

Lucly I have no problem with spiders. I'd like to pet a tarantula once... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"capoeira e meu irmao"
Miss Mermaid Strikes Back

spirit day was crazy

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1015 on: October 11, 2006 04:27:07 AM »

tarantula really arent to bad...like a really prickly eight leged cat.  some are softer than others, like the chilean rose ones dont feel half bad, i had a pet one once, my cat killed in it a week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

join the september wish list swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=193590.0

www.wists.com/MissMermaid

enjoy felting? want to trade for some wool dreads? PM me!
MCRguitarMCR
on the brink of finding commotion

I love My Chemical Romance!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1016 on: October 11, 2006 07:56:03 AM »

I "get it" that some people's hair doesn't knot. 

My husband is like that.  He's got shoulder-length hair and right out of the shower, he can run his fingers through it.  He has never used conditioner and doesn't "get" what it is for.  If he doesn't comb or brush his hair even for a day or two, it makes no difference.  I can't imagine how hard it would be to dread his hair, it'd probably take years to knot up properly.

Whereas... I can shower, condition, brush my hair out, then get the final knots the brush doesn't reach with a pick, and it only remains knot-free for about 10 minutes.

I'm currently in the "floating the idea" stage about dreads. 
Thats how my hair is and thats why I want dreads.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mitsie99
« Reply #1017 on: October 12, 2006 07:14:14 PM »

I have the internet again, so I was finally able to read the last 20 pages of this thread...and I'm all up to date now Smiley I loved loved loved looking at all the pics in this thread and I think it's time we each do some dread photo updates! I'm clueless about posting pics so these may be huge, teeny, who knows. Sorry  Wink

1 month:

3 months:

7 months:

These are from today, just over 9 months:

Here you can see the beautiful bead that Ninja made Smiley

Wow it's really hard to take a picture of your own head.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Digsy LaRaspberry

Voracious eater of music

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: October 12, 2006 09:42:24 PM »

... So my boy decided that he'd like to try dreads.
At first, I wasn't all that enthusiastic because he's bleached and dyed his hair so much that it's hard for me to get a mental image of what I think his hair really looks like. But since then, he's gone back to his natural hair colour and I magically discovered this thread.
We both think that I'm a little bit more gung-ho than he is about it now. He's still iffy about having them since I won't be able to play with his hair the same way, and he's looking for a part-time job. So I nudged him towards a solution: I'll make and put in synthetic dreads to give them a sort of a "trial run".
It's so exciting! We're planning on visiting a friend of his right after so that I can see the look on her face... She thinks dreads are ugly and disgusting... she's gonna have kittens! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhino
« Reply #1019 on: October 13, 2006 07:17:16 AM »

Wow it's really hard to take a picture of your own head.

isnt that the truth! i love your hair you look abfab Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 174 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Wild Horse Annie and the Last of the Mustangs Book Trailer
Philippa Gregory Talks About The Plantagenets
Amy Sohn Talks About Prospect Park West
A Secret Message from Obert Skye
Roz Savage Talks About Rowing the Atlantic
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...