A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,766
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Couple of Old Projects (Pirate Eye Patch and Lacy Rose/Pineapple Afghan)  (Read 1311 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ErintheRed02
« on: December 14, 2011 07:06:43 PM »

I'm an occasional poster, long-time lurker on here but I haven't posted any of the things I've made in quite awhile since I've been real busy.  Here's a couple of projects that have absolutely nothing to do with each other!  Haha

First project is a pirate eye patch I made for a costume for my boyfriend.  It's embroidered with a Jolly Roger and is sc'd to fit with a reverse sc border around it (images are clickable thumbnails):

The second project was an afghan made for my boyfriend's mother.  The only direction I got was that she wanted something that looked antique.  I don't know about you, but when I think antique and crochet, I think lacy.  My mom found the pattern for me but I looked it up and this looks like it is it: http://www.free-crochet.com/detail.html?code=FC01111&cat_id=302.  It was pretty easy to work up after making one or two motiffs and I really enjoyed doing the lace part and connecting them.  I found the border to be awful since it's worked up as one whole thing and I managed to mess it up at least once which means I had to tear the WHOLE row out (considering it went along the whole outside of the blanket, that was pretty painful to do)  Angry.  Anyways, on to some pics!

Close up of motiff:

Close up of pineapple border:

Questions and comments welcome! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafting Blog!
http://nerdyhooker.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest (that I actually use)!
http://pinterest.com/erinthered02/

My wist (always forget to use it but am working on it!):
http://www.wists.com/ErintheRed
kjbaloo
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011 12:21:20 PM »

I absolutely LOVE the afghan!  I am a huge fan of these kind of patterns and you did an awesome job!  I feel the pain about having to tear our rows.  What kind of yarn did you use for the afghan?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting...the legal drug of choice for many
veggiechef
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011 06:03:40 PM »

Oh my!  The lace is gorgeous!  And it's much more ambitious than anything I would attempt..kudos to you, and nice work  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BE the change you wish to see in the world-Gandhi
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011 09:30:57 PM »

Love em! I wonder if I could make me a crochet eyepatch and put a liner in it so it blocks light! I have to wear one sometimes because my left eye is messed up and it helps strengthen it by covering my strong eye. I never thought of crocheting one and I dont know why because I've been super obsessed with crochet as of late! Great Idea though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
ErintheRed02
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011 09:45:43 PM »

First off, I'm going to apologize for the late reply.  For some reason, I didn't get email notifications and have been too busy frantically crafting Christmas gifts to hop on here otherwise until now.

I absolutely LOVE the afghan!  I am a huge fan of these kind of patterns and you did an awesome job!  I feel the pain about having to tear our rows.  What kind of yarn did you use for the afghan?

I used the kind the pattern says to use which is Redheart SS in the color Aran.

Love em! I wonder if I could make me a crochet eyepatch and put a liner in it so it blocks light! I have to wear one sometimes because my left eye is messed up and it helps strengthen it by covering my strong eye. I never thought of crocheting one and I dont know why because I've been super obsessed with crochet as of late! Great Idea though!

I used a really small gauge on mine and, if I remember right, it totally blocked the light without a liner!  And I know exactly what you're talking about because my mom has had a lazy eye since she was younger.  Unfortunately they didn't know to do the eyepatch when they would have needed to to correct it.  You could totally whip up tons of really cute eyepatches really quickly though!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Crafting Blog!
http://nerdyhooker.blogspot.com/

My Pinterest (that I actually use)!
http://pinterest.com/erinthered02/

My wist (always forget to use it but am working on it!):
http://www.wists.com/ErintheRed
WhimsicallyObsessed
msg me if you're interested in a private swap! ^_^

comp died. having a hard time on craftster w/ cell

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012 10:43:59 AM »

sorry to hear about your mom. My grandmother had a lazy eye too and the one eye was basically done she couldnt see anything out of it. The lazy problem I have too and its caused by my EDS. My mom never took me to get help when it first started happening either or maybe it wouldnt be so bad its getting harder to control. (I find it very embarrassing) I can sometimes control it if I focus really hard but its getting harder to control it its just getting worse. I've heard that you can wear eyepatches to help keep it from deteriorating further and it strengthens the lazy eye even as an adult if you do eye exercises.  Its worth a try I guess Cheesy I think I will try this and make some that at least look cute! Thanks for sharing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trying to get back into the swing of things. Trying to move forward and make big changes in my life come join me on my journey if you like!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to make Coleslaw Sandwich
How to make Pot Roast in a Dutch Oven
How to make BBQ Pork Roast
How to make Boiled Peanuts
How to make Collard Greens
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...