A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,675
Currently Running With Scissors:
693 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: BLUE PURSE SWAP (FINISHED!)  (Read 10799 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: June 18, 2005 05:05:27 PM »

Swap name: Blue Purse Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: crafty_dame
Sign-up date range: June 18, 2005 Ė July 02, 2005
Date to send item by: July 23, 2005

Limited to a certain number of people? no, but if it starts to get extremely popular, I might get overwhelmed and cap it. So if youíre interested, sign up right away!

Non-U.S. participants allowed? Most definitely.

All ages allowed? Or 18+? sure

Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES

Organizer meets the 4 conditions for swapping and will make sure that every participant meets these conditions: YES

Details of swap:

please check out the galleries for the hot pink purse swap and the funky black purse swap. Itís really awesome how creative and different the bags all were, even we were all using the same colour.

you could do blue on blue stenciling, textured blue fabric, blue sequins, cool blue upholstery fabric, blue appliquť, knitted or crocheted blue bags, basically anything as long as blue was the main colour in it.

Everyone will make one blue purse, and receive one blue purse in return.

There have been a lot of flakes lately in swaps, and a lot of half-assed swap packages being sent. Please donít sign up unless youíre willing to put effort into the bag you make. Iím using the same questionnaire as I used for the black purse swap, and I think it worked pretty well. I know it has a lot of questions, but please answer them with as many details as possible. I really want to try to match everyone with a partner who will make them a bag that suits them. Iím not guaranteeing that you will be swapping with someone in your own country, and Iím not going to automatically match Canadians with people overseas. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU SIGN UP! YOU MAY HAVE TO SHIP OUTSIDE OF YOUR OWN COUNTRY! My biggest priority is going to be matching people up by styles and that sort of thing, not by geography.

When you mail your package, you need to let me and your swap partner know. Please send us a pm. And you MUST use Delivery Confirmation. I know that itís sometimes not possible, or too expensive when shipping between countries, but itís REQUIRED when youíre shipping within your own country. And please ask at the post office if youíre shipping between countries. Sometimes it is possible to get it, and itís only a few dollars more. If you are shipping to a different country, you MUST save your receipt. If your partner doesnít get their bag, and you didnít save your receipt, you are responsible for replacing it!

When you get your package, you need to let me and your swap partner know. Please send us a pm. Post pictures in the swap gallery if possible. If pictures arenít possible, please post a description in the gallery.

PLEASE TRY TO MAKE SOMETHING YOUR PARTNER WILL LIKE. Everyone has different tastes, and thatís fine, but if your partner says they hate red and blue together, DONíT make them a red and blue purse. It may seem obvious, but apparently itís not.

PLEASE DONíT FINISH YOUR PURSE BEFORE YOU ARE ASSIGNED A PARTNER. Please wait to see what your partner would like. Iím allowing three weeks between the end of sign up and the mail date, if you donít think this is enough time, please let me know.

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap: Blue Purse Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Your real name:
Mailing address:
You MUST be willing to ship to an address outside of the US to participate in this swap. Are you willing?

HAVE YOU PARTICPATED IN SWAPS ON CRAFTSTER BEFORE?
WHAT SIZE OF BAG WOULD YOU LIKE TO RECEIVE? (ie, wrist bag, clutch, handbag, shoulderbag, etc)
WHATíS YOUR STYLE? (ie, goth, preppy, punk, girly, etc)
WHAT SHADES OF BLUE DO YOU LIKE? HATE?
WHAT COLOURS DO YOU LIKE WITH BLUE? WHAT COLOURS DO YOU HATE WITH BLUE?
DO YOU HAVE ANY FAVOURITE IMAGES OR SYMBOLS? (ie, stars, skulls, hearts, broken hearts, etc)
WHAT WOULD YOU LOVE TO RECEIVE? HATE TO RECEIVE?
WHAT ARE YOUR CRAFT SKILLS? (ie, sewing, knitting, reconstructing, embroidery, etc)
WHAT KIND OF BAG ARE YOU THINKING OF SENDING?
CAN YOU PROVIDE LINKS THAT WOULD HELP YOUR SWAP PARTNER GET AN IDEA OF WHO YOU ARE, YOUR STYLE? (ie, posts youíve made on craftster, a website, a livejournal, whatever)
DO YOU HAVE A WAY TO POST PICTURES THAT YOU ACCESS REGULARILY? (ie, if your access is at your motherís once a month, say no!)
DO YOU GIVE YOUR PARTNER PERMISSION TO POST PICTURES OF THE BAG THEY RECEIVE IN THE SWAP GALLERY?

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

IF YOU HAVE NEVER PARTICIPATED IN A SWAP, PLEASE READ THE GUIDELINES BEFORE SIGNING UP!

and the partners are.......

highway16 <-> HHH
crafty_dame <-> momwith3kids
katt24 <->knightswhosayknit
everybabyweeps <-> americandemockracy
kat_penguino <-> junquette
sewberrycrazy <-> pibbgirl
pleca <-> carina

« Last Edit: August 06, 2005 11:15:43 PM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
_Steph_
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2005 05:47:45 PM »

After *drooling* over the pictures in the black & pink galleries, I totally want to do this. And even better, I just got a couple of sets of wooden round purse handles at JoAnn Fabrics for super-markdown price! Awesome for summer. I need to check my stash for blues, before I sign in ~ my fingers are crossed! LOL...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Steph~
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2005 07:34:51 PM »

oh come on people please hurry up and sign up!  Cheesy
I have five different blue fabrics calling no yelling at me to hurry up and get started!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PinkMafia

Let your sparkle shine...

Recovering swap addict

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005 02:13:58 AM »

I signed up and I have two really cool fabrics to choose from. Yay! The pink and black purse swaps have been some of my favorite. I am getting ready for a craft show so I have been making purses like a mad woman!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crafty chica...burlesque performer....costume maven.
carina
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005 03:53:09 AM »

Yesterday I fall asleep thinking about my blue purse. I can't start it until I know my partners likes and dislikes, but I have some cool ideas for this one.
Hawaiilove, the black purse was one of my favorite swaps too Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What does not kill you, only makes you stronger
pibbgirl
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005 07:35:53 AM »

I'm so excited!  The black purse swap was so fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

momwith3kids
HOMESChOOL

Hey y'all

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005 02:07:49 PM »

Count me in.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My sewing machine is like my left hand.... I can't write with it, but I NEED it none the less.

see ya'll on the flip side

My Etsy Shop
http://momwith3kids.etsy.com

My Homeschool Blog
http://homeschoolblogger.com/momwith3kids
katt24

no work and all play.....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005 10:24:22 PM »

I'd love to participate, but I don't think I meet the posting requirements  Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

don't let me find more crap to do
junquette

Oh come on ya can never own enough shoes or purses

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005 10:45:39 PM »

oh momwiththreekids does this mean a blue record purse?HuhHuh Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005 11:57:15 PM »

I'd love to participate, but I don't think I meet the posting requirements  Embarrassed

as long as you meet the requirements before the end of the sign up period, you'd be fine! that gives you 11 more days!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Leftovers Wisely
How to Make Unique Handmade Gifts
How to Do an Orchid and Cactus Arrangement
How to Make Ice Cream Sundae from Carnations
How to Create Holiday Wreaths
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...