A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
698 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I NEED IDEAS ON HOW TO EMBELLISH OR TURN A MANLY BLACK LEATHER LAPTOP FOR A GIRL  (Read 1042 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

meghna:0)
« on: December 11, 2011 04:38:09 PM »

I NEED HELP EMBELLISHING ONE OF THOSE BLACK MANLY LEATHER BAGS INTO A LAPTOP BAG FOR A GIRL.  I LOVE BLING9RHINESTONES) AND WOULD LIKE TO INCORPORATE RUFFLES OR FLOWERS. ANY IDEAS?Huh???THANKS!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
groovychick1966
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012 11:28:10 AM »

how about glitter, someone on the best of 2011 glitterified some shoes and there's a tutorial
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alexus1325
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012 04:44:53 PM »

If you LOVE sparkly things, as in LOOOOOOVE, you might want to save up for one of those rhinestone applicating kits, with the heat tool, and different tips for different rhinestones. They look AWESOME compared to hand-applying rhinestones with fabric glue, but they're like $30 or something...

In my experience, genuine leather takes really well to acrylic paint with fabric medium mixed in. I used metallic gold on brown leather with a freezer-paper stencil and just heat-set the paint with my iron and it turned out perfect. I heat-set with the stencil still on it, though, so I wouldn't discolour the leather.

If you know someone with a treadle or industrial sewing machine, you could put a ruffle around the flap. A regular sewing machine won't have none of that! I suppose you could use Krazy glue, but it would take a lot of fussing about to get it to look nice, I think...

Overall, I'm fond of the glue sh*t to other sh*t meme Tongue Just make sure you use the right glue for the job. Vinyl (fake leather) doesn't like the same glue leather does, nor fabric, nor glitter, etc, so use This to That to figure it out.

Good luck blinging out your bag Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TipsyKipsy
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012 04:15:26 PM »

There are TONS of tutorials out there for fabric flowers that you could make out of some bright and cheery fabric, and then sew on. I think they'd look great clustered around one corner. Just make sure you've got a good heavy duty needle!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
repool
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012 01:34:15 PM »

how about putting glitter on the inside of the flap, in an outline design she loves (pony, crown, musical notes,special interest) ?  I would make sure its an area that is on the flap section though, so it doesn't rub against comp.

How about putting glitter on selective parts of the binding?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Spring Hair Tips From Celebrity Hairstylists
AXE HAIR Spring Styles
Highlight Your Hair Without Any Damage
Hair Takes Spotlight in Anti-Aging Boom
4 Best Ways to Use Hairspray
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...