A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 305,019
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Braggin' Bag  (Read 5495 times)
Tags for this thread: bag  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011 12:07:51 PM »

Oh my gosh this so great, & the fabric choices go so well together & to think a 7 year old could do this for his sister I Say Awesome!!!!..... Shocked Shocked Shocked I'm going to hit this Rocks!!! Also amazing children to the Mother. You raised them well!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http:/pinterest.com/sharalee3

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap RD 3"
"Fall Character Ninni Swap"
'Christmas Stocking Swap RD 10"

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls/also TM Patches
gizzybird
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011 12:13:34 PM »

He did a great job! It looks very well made and the fabrics he chose look really good together. I have 2 ferrets and this is such a nice idea. My ferrets love to be snuggled down in a hammock or sleep sack, they would probably love having a cute bag like this to be carried in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jlh326
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011 12:20:50 PM »

Im very impressed! great work for a 7 yr old! He is a very talented, generous boy! You must be sooooo proud of him! I think handmade gifts are amazing, even more so when they are thought out so well. I'm sure his sister will be proud to tote her ferret around in. Kudos! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mommasfrogging
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011 12:43:10 PM »

Thank you to each one of you for responding to him!!  I have let him read everyone's comments.  He is blushing and says "I guess I did good then!"  lol   

Yes, he really is 7 although he wants everyone to know he is almost 8 as April is getting close!  hehehehe

I have always done crafts with and around my children.  They have been doing them pretty much from their birth.  Seth is really the only one who has shown an interest in my sewing machine although I have taught his sister (17) as well.   As for the fabric selection...that was all him with the exception of me pointing out that a couple of his first choices were just a bit off and he made the adjustment.

Chaos reigns here in our home as we have such a huge age gap and finding peace is not possible.   However, we find many truces with creativity.   We all share a close knit love for each other but it usually shown best through things such as this bag!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
j_en

Just stumbling through and trying my best.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011 07:22:44 PM »

He did awesome! A very experienced sewer would be justifiably proud of the finished product, so for someone SO young this is amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jen
CreativeGenes
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011 08:00:44 PM »

What a lucky sister to have such a thoughtful, talented brother. He did a great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011 06:52:37 AM »

that is amazing, at 7 I could barely thread a needle let alone do that kind of work! and also, what a lovely thought about his sister!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommai
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011 11:34:08 AM »

Man, I wish my 7 year old brother would make something like this for me! He does give me lots of hugs and pictures that he colors, though. Way to go, awesome sewing kid! I hope that my 4 year old sews as he grows up as well. He sure loves to watch and help me with my pins! Seeing these sorts of posts make me want to encourage him to sew, too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Padester
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2011 05:24:55 AM »

I am amazed that he was able to do this at age 7!  Definitely tell him he did an awesome job.  I used to have ferrets, and I bet they would have loved something like that!  And the fact that he thought about a pocket on the outside to carry stuff for the critter is great, too.  I often forget little details like that until I'm done with a project, and then . . . too late!  Definitely an awesome present!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
llisaredd
While the rest of the species is descended from apes, redheads are descended from cats. - Mark Twain

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011 03:50:50 AM »

Your 7 year old did this? WOW! He did an incredible job! His sister should be thrilled to receive this!

eta:  Showed this to my 5yo and 7yo and they were really impressed!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2011 03:52:49 AM by llisaredd » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Transitions to an IDVD Slideshow
How to Make a Collage in Photoshop
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Change Eye Color in Photoshop
How to Create a Fade Effect in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...