A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
486 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alien Illusion Scarf - knitalong  (Read 12325 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005 11:08:40 PM »

Okay, I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures, but they seemed too big for the crafter's picture hosting,  so I tried to creat a blog.  I posted a picture there, and can only hope this link works!  Please check it out and let me know!  I am a little bit technology illiterate.  My husband says I should have been living in the 19th century ( a bit of an exageration).  Pardon my daughter's bed.  I used brown sheep nature spun.  http://chaosknits.blogspot.com

Gooorrrrgeous! I love the 2 greens. And thanks so much again for the written chart Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
thatgirl
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005 11:17:07 PM »

so i've wanted to do this scarf for a long time. but instead of alien or skull i want to do a mudflap girl just at the ends. then when you wear it they're back to back. what's the modis operandi on making a pattern? any thoughts? if i didn't have four projects going already...hmmm...we ll what's one more? maybe if i figure out the pattern i'll hit up the lys... you're encouraging my bad knitting habits ladies. tsk tsk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arts and crafts can be found here:
http://pantspresents2.tumblr.com
and here:
http://pantspresents.tumblr.com
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005 08:19:27 AM »

linda63pt : that's gorgeous! (And could you set the setting on your blog so that you allow comments from people that don't blog on Blogspot? I wanted to comment on it!  Tongue)

My alien bag is going downhill a bit: I've done the two alien heads and have to do gusset and handles - but am running out of green! Nicht gut, Madchen.  Undecided

(most of) you sound like you're making good progress. Post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
CreativeRainbow
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005 01:58:42 PM »

Almost done my first alien! I WILL take pictures at some point *sticks post-it note to forehead*.
It's such slow progress, even when sitting in front a the TV (I watched 24 while knitting, not a good idea because I completely forgot to knit  Roll Eyes)
I'm considering making something that isn't a scarf now, It'll take me a looong time to finish a whole scarf, especially as I'm starting the wrap thingy from 'Rebecca' tomorrow, maybe.

I ramble on so much when I'm tired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda63pt
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005 02:47:45 PM »

I certainly will try to change my settings on the blog if I can figure out what I am doing Undecided  It's all new to me!

Can't wait to see everyones pictures either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005 11:53:11 AM »

CreativeRainbow - this is precisely why I decided to make a bag! I'm having a bit of a crisis now, though, b/c I'm running out of yarn. Sh-t.

Don't watch 24. Watch something really, really trashy and mindless and boring. Or sit and listen to jazz and knit, before you sleep. Though I must say - when I decided to make a bag instead, I knit the 2nd alien up so quickly it's actually quite amazing. I reckon it's probably because of the weight off of my mind....

linda63pt - it should be quite strightforward. I don't blog on blogspot, but I can try to find out if you're having trouble?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
thecatspajamas
I knit too much!

would you light my candle?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005 04:40:32 PM »

I'd like to join!!! I first saw Illusion knitting on the tv show Knitty Gritty, and I was amazed!  I'm so excited to try this alien scarf!  I was thinking of doing this heart illusion scarf I saw somewhere. but I think the aliens are cooler.  They're more illusional Cool. Yes, I make up stupid words. Lol

I'm doing mine in light purple and dark purple.  Now very ailienish, but what can I say? The yarn was on sale. Hehe. I'm planning on making this while I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico.  I'm leaving on July 20th, so maybe I will start before then and post a pic.

Happy knitting Grin

<3 Anais
THIS ROCKS   Logged

how do you document real life when real life's
getting more like fiCtiON each day

It is impossible for me to make a post without a smiley in it. =D
roxycat
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005 05:05:02 PM »

I'd like to join!!! I first saw Illusion knitting on the tv show Knitty Gritty, and I was amazed!  I'm so excited to try this alien scarf!  I was thinking of doing this heart illusion scarf I saw somewhere. but I think the aliens are cooler.  They're more illusional Cool. Yes, I make up stupid words. Lol

I'm doing mine in light purple and dark purple.  Now very ailienish, but what can I say? The yarn was on sale. Hehe. I'm planning on making this while I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico.  I'm leaving on July 20th, so maybe I will start before then and post a pic.

Happy knitting Grin

<3 Anais

I agree w/ the "more illusional" comment! Also they're a little less trendy, too. Purple is a great alien color I think! Very X-Files hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005 05:50:29 PM »

Your scarves are looking great!

I was hoping someone would have a copy of the skull chart (definitely prefer skulls over aliens hehe). I went to this site: www.paper-doll.co.uk/skull.htm and it's no longer available. Sad If you'd rather not post it on craftster (unsure of copyright issues) my email is roxycat@gmail.com.

Thanks!

I'm going to scan my pattern tomorrow (I don't have it saved on my computer) Sad

I've emailed Ysolda (she is the one who created the chart) to ask if I could post it or just email it to those who are interested.

I will let you guys know as soon as I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
linda63pt
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2005 06:36:54 PM »

I did figure out how to    change my settings so anyone can post a comment on the blog.  Thanks for the help. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Macaron Gift Box
Homemade Apple and Cinnamon Pie Recipe
How to Make Chocolate and Cherry Fondants
How to Make Nutella Swirl Cupcakes
Fried Banana Dessert Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...