A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
807 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Alien Illusion Scarf - knitalong  (Read 12269 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Shotgun_Bettie

Yup I'm Back..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2005 11:08:40 PM »

Okay, I've been trying to figure out how to post pictures, but they seemed too big for the crafter's picture hosting,  so I tried to creat a blog.  I posted a picture there, and can only hope this link works!  Please check it out and let me know!  I am a little bit technology illiterate.  My husband says I should have been living in the 19th century ( a bit of an exageration).  Pardon my daughter's bed.  I used brown sheep nature spun.  http://chaosknits.blogspot.com

Gooorrrrgeous! I love the 2 greens. And thanks so much again for the written chart Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Crafting O.C.D at it's finest...
thatgirl
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2005 11:17:07 PM »

so i've wanted to do this scarf for a long time. but instead of alien or skull i want to do a mudflap girl just at the ends. then when you wear it they're back to back. what's the modis operandi on making a pattern? any thoughts? if i didn't have four projects going already...hmmm...we ll what's one more? maybe if i figure out the pattern i'll hit up the lys... you're encouraging my bad knitting habits ladies. tsk tsk.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

arts and crafts can be found here:
http://pantspresents2.tumblr.com
and here:
http://pantspresents.tumblr.com
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2005 08:19:27 AM »

linda63pt : that's gorgeous! (And could you set the setting on your blog so that you allow comments from people that don't blog on Blogspot? I wanted to comment on it!  Tongue)

My alien bag is going downhill a bit: I've done the two alien heads and have to do gusset and handles - but am running out of green! Nicht gut, Madchen.  Undecided

(most of) you sound like you're making good progress. Post pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
CreativeRainbow
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2005 01:58:42 PM »

Almost done my first alien! I WILL take pictures at some point *sticks post-it note to forehead*.
It's such slow progress, even when sitting in front a the TV (I watched 24 while knitting, not a good idea because I completely forgot to knit  Roll Eyes)
I'm considering making something that isn't a scarf now, It'll take me a looong time to finish a whole scarf, especially as I'm starting the wrap thingy from 'Rebecca' tomorrow, maybe.

I ramble on so much when I'm tired.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linda63pt
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2005 02:47:45 PM »

I certainly will try to change my settings on the blog if I can figure out what I am doing Undecided  It's all new to me!

Can't wait to see everyones pictures either!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2005 11:53:11 AM »

CreativeRainbow - this is precisely why I decided to make a bag! I'm having a bit of a crisis now, though, b/c I'm running out of yarn. Sh-t.

Don't watch 24. Watch something really, really trashy and mindless and boring. Or sit and listen to jazz and knit, before you sleep. Though I must say - when I decided to make a bag instead, I knit the 2nd alien up so quickly it's actually quite amazing. I reckon it's probably because of the weight off of my mind....

linda63pt - it should be quite strightforward. I don't blog on blogspot, but I can try to find out if you're having trouble?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
thecatspajamas
I knit too much!

would you light my candle?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2005 04:40:32 PM »

I'd like to join!!! I first saw Illusion knitting on the tv show Knitty Gritty, and I was amazed!  I'm so excited to try this alien scarf!  I was thinking of doing this heart illusion scarf I saw somewhere. but I think the aliens are cooler.  They're more illusional Cool. Yes, I make up stupid words. Lol

I'm doing mine in light purple and dark purple.  Now very ailienish, but what can I say? The yarn was on sale. Hehe. I'm planning on making this while I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico.  I'm leaving on July 20th, so maybe I will start before then and post a pic.

Happy knitting Grin

<3 Anais
THIS ROCKS   Logged

how do you document real life when real life's
getting more like fiCtiON each day

It is impossible for me to make a post without a smiley in it. =D
roxycat
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2005 05:05:02 PM »

I'd like to join!!! I first saw Illusion knitting on the tv show Knitty Gritty, and I was amazed!  I'm so excited to try this alien scarf!  I was thinking of doing this heart illusion scarf I saw somewhere. but I think the aliens are cooler.  They're more illusional Cool. Yes, I make up stupid words. Lol

I'm doing mine in light purple and dark purple.  Now very ailienish, but what can I say? The yarn was on sale. Hehe. I'm planning on making this while I'm on vacation in Puerto Rico.  I'm leaving on July 20th, so maybe I will start before then and post a pic.

Happy knitting Grin

<3 Anais

I agree w/ the "more illusional" comment! Also they're a little less trendy, too. Purple is a great alien color I think! Very X-Files hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2005 05:50:29 PM »

Your scarves are looking great!

I was hoping someone would have a copy of the skull chart (definitely prefer skulls over aliens hehe). I went to this site: www.paper-doll.co.uk/skull.htm and it's no longer available. Sad If you'd rather not post it on craftster (unsure of copyright issues) my email is roxycat@gmail.com.

Thanks!

I'm going to scan my pattern tomorrow (I don't have it saved on my computer) Sad

I've emailed Ysolda (she is the one who created the chart) to ask if I could post it or just email it to those who are interested.

I will let you guys know as soon as I do!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
linda63pt
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2005 06:36:54 PM »

I did figure out how to    change my settings so anyone can post a comment on the blog.  Thanks for the help. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Kimchi Pancakes and Butterscotch Apples
How to Make Vietnamese-Inspired Kim Family Wraps
How to Make Spicy Korean Pan-Fried Pork and Oreo Smores
Asian Hot Sauce Recipe
How to Make Vietnamese Pork Chops
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...