A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,188
Currently Running With Scissors:
638 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DORMANT: Link to the Past Crochetalong  (Read 23554 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cassiem
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2011 10:30:29 AM »

Awesome!  I did something similar for my BF for our first Christmas together, but I did it in tapestry crochet instead.  Someday, I'll get up the gumption and make my secondary idea for the gift - Alien Invaders as squares.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KIMB00P
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2011 06:58:45 PM »

This motivated me to make a Snorlax rug-type thingie, haha.

http://img.zappysoft.com/thinkminecraft/images/upload/20110831/20110831_1433_9f2565a375885ef60b245406d92bf3ab_t.png

I've zoomed up on the photo on my computer and each square on the photo
represents one 1 1/2" granny square. Haven't really worked out how big this is
going to be, so we'll see, haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaRianator
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2012 10:06:56 PM »

Heeeey!
I've been creeping on this board for a while now and finally worked up the nerve to post! (: Everyone's ideas are so inspiring and  finally got the nerve to inquire how to go about making the layout of these types of blankets! For my 1 year anniversary I want to make (without losing my mind, been there done that!) an 8-bit Captain Price blanket for the boyfriend (:. However, I have the image but am completely at a loss when it comes to making the grid and such. Please explain (if need be in small words for I confuse easily) how to make the grid and the best sizes for the squares! <3 Thanks! I will creep back here once more... (;
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Happiness
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2012 01:17:21 PM »

Heeeey!
I've been creeping on this board for a while now and finally worked up the nerve to post! (: Everyone's ideas are so inspiring and  finally got the nerve to inquire how to go about making the layout of these types of blankets! For my 1 year anniversary I want to make (without losing my mind, been there done that!) an 8-bit Captain Price blanket for the boyfriend (:. However, I have the image but am completely at a loss when it comes to making the grid and such. Please explain (if need be in small words for I confuse easily) how to make the grid and the best sizes for the squares! <3 Thanks! I will creep back here once more... (;

First decide how big you want the blanket to determine how big you want the squares. A lot of times I just grab some graph paper and some colored pencils/markers to just draw out how I want the blanket to turn out. Choose colors, then go yarn shopping. Smiley

If you post the picture we could probably get a better idea on how to help.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DaRianator
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2012 10:12:16 PM »

Heeeey!

First decide how big you want the blanket to determine how big you want the squares. A lot of times I just grab some graph paper and some colored pencils/markers to just draw out how I want the blanket to turn out. Choose colors, then go yarn shopping. Smiley

If you post the picture we could probably get a better idea on how to help.
Ahh I wish I could post a picture but I haven't posted enough to post pictures ):. But if you google capt. price 8-bit, you can see. its like a dark mario character Cheesy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kim and Kanye Get Custom Designer Clothes For North
How to Style Your College Campus Gear
Get The Blake Lively Style
See How Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Do Paris
Wear Your Chambray Shirt a New Way Every Day
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...