A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
444 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My new website - please can I have your opinion?  (Read 761 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cimba
« on: June 17, 2005 08:53:29 PM »

Hello, I've just set up my website, complementing my previous existing craft blog, and featuring a little shop section to sell the things I make.
It's online only from few days, I'm sorta still working on it adding links and such, and there are a couple of things I know I'll have to fix, but.
What do YOU think about it? I'm interested in all the opinions you may have, both good and bad, any feedback would be appreciated.

Here's the link:
http://www.ciaocimba.com

thanks a lot, ciao!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005 07:59:37 AM by cimba » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ciao! Cimba // Homemade happy goodies, made in Italy with a smile!
cindylund
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005 09:22:27 PM »

i think you site is easy to navigate and very well set up.  the only possible problem was when i put something in my shopping cart-  the paypal site was in Italian.  i probably could have figured out that the largest button on the bottom is to purchase and the continue shopping was easy to recognize,  but i definitely hesitated to continue with a transaction that i only get the gist of. 

i love the design and your pictures!  good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cimba
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005 09:33:52 PM »

Really thank you! I thought the language was set up depending on the user location, I thought that I saw it in italian because I'm an italian user, while other people would see it in english...but nope!  thanks for pointing it out, very useful, since I would never discovered it. I modified my profile on Paypal and the cart is in english now Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

francey
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2005 11:47:07 AM »

I think it's great - with one exception.

As far as IA (Information Architecture) goes - the "Pick Yours" label doesn't do much for the consumer.  When I opened up the page, my first impression was "where's the store" - if you labeled it with "Shop" or "store", a user would be much more likely to visit the page than if you didn't.  As it was, I had to actually read the introductory paragraph to even figure out where the store was - and that's because I was trying to find the store - most users would probably just leave immediately (since most users are rather lazy).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

everybody's got something to hide, except for me and my monkey
amie

Get Hooked on Style!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005 05:11:23 AM »

I agree too.  That was my exact thought.  I got confused there, expecting something else.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cimba
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005 05:38:41 AM »

Thank you both. It's a really good suggestion, I have to say I thought about it in the making of the site, but being a little shy and not sure about the shop yet, I sort of wanted to not show it off too much. I realize it's silly and a paradox, because I would not have done it, so now that I'm feeling maybe more secure, I'll follow your suggestion and make the naming more self explanatory and clear Smiley

p.s. francey, I visited your site and it's very nice!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Crown Braid Tutorial
How to Braid Your Hair for Christmas
Model Soo Joo Park on Her Blonde Hair
Top 3 Ways to Style a Shoulder Length Bob
How to Control Frizz and Static for Fine Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...