A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 301,504
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wrapping for almost nothing  (Read 549 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2011 01:11:47 PM »

I use foreign language newspapers, cheap Raffia and christmas decorations from my local 99p store. their garlands of golden berries are 99p (obviously) and with some pliers and wire cutters, each sprig makes a lovely addition. the golden bells are 9 for 99p. the raffia cost me 1 for two HUGE bundles from Poundland. I've not got through the first bundle and I have wrapped 29 gifts so far.

anyway, back to the newspaper. I live about 25 mins from london on the train, and my husband works for the railways so I get 75% off train fare. Hubby needed to head into london recently for a work medical, so he got this year's newspaper collection on his way!! anyway, near the nearest london train station to my house are a group of free newspaper stands. normally about 3 or 4, in various languages. the one pictured here is a Thai newspaper. mostly advertising but some articles too. I think this one was about weight loss tips from the pictures that were near it!!

these lunchbags were on sale for 89p for 10, again from the 99p store. my gold and silver pens were cheap too.

the gift tags are luggage labels from ebay, decorated by myself using sharpies and a nail art kit... where did the nail art kit come from? yep. Poundland.

this is one of my favorite wrappings this year though. Celophane in the hobbycraft reduced aisle (the outer wrapping was damaged slightly), raffia, home made tag, garland sprig and a bell. the present cost me about 1.60. sachet of hot chocolate (25p) bar of chocolate from a multipack (works out to about 27p), mini grater 75p, mini marshmallows decanted into a bit of celophane... the massive bag only cost me 89p and I hardly used any for these gifts, an individual packet of biscuits (at hubby's work they give out the coming-up-to-date biscuit packs out to staff instead of customers) and finally a mug which was 12p!!!!! that's a bargain of epic proportions. I bought 4.

so, these are my favorite gift wrappings this year. I hope I've given you some ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011 04:04:11 PM »

What wonderful tips and beautiful packages Smiley. I especially like the foreign newspaper idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
70s Disco Hair Trend from Fashion Week
How to Thicken Your Hair on Any Budget
How Much Damage Are You Doing To Your Hair?
Are Robots The Key To Battling Hair Loss?
Celebrity Horror Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...