A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 303,166
Currently Running With Scissors:
626 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A semester of jewelry (lots of pics)  (Read 2568 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: December 04, 2011 03:49:03 PM »

I'm back to post more of my completed projects.  I am so hooked on metalworking.

Wonder web by Wlaranew, on Flickr
This cuff is very Wonder Woman looking, I want to do another one with a spider on it. 

Twisted by Wlaranew, on Flickr

Stamped square rings by Wlaranew, on Flickr
They read WENDIE, TO THE PAIN, and AS YOU WISH. I still need to make one that says INCONCEIVABLE

double rings by Wlaranew, on Flickr

Labradorite bezel ring by Wlaranew, on Flickr

Beetlejuice Pendent by Wlaranew, on Flickr

Back of Beetlejuice Pendent by Wlaranew, on Flickr

Metal Bead Pendent

pendent by Wlaranew, on Flickr

pendent and earrings by Wlaranew, on Flickr
These earrings aren't finished but I wanted to get them in the picture while I still had decent light.

Techniques used in making all these include soldering, stamping/hammering, bezel wrapping, dapping and punching.  So what do you think?

Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011 04:06:29 PM »

You are so talented! Everything you made is fantastic. I especially love your rings. Great job! Keep it up Smiley.

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011 04:15:08 PM »

Ah, thank you. 

It's funny, the rings seem like they would be an easy thing to do but I have more problems with them.  The beads are what most everyone else in class had problems with but I had no problems getting them to line up and solder.  The rings though, some I had to redo three times!
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011 04:19:45 PM »

This stuff is beautiful! I can see why you are hooked on metal working. Thanks for so many quality pics too!. Very simulating. I want to know more about metal work. Is the class expensive?

You can write about your self/product/blog/store... on my blog. Write a guest post.

Mosaic Ideas
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2011 04:31:56 PM »

It was through my community college and was a three credit course so it was around $350ish.  I originally took it to get experience soldering and working with torches so I can add that to my resume.  I just finished up a degree in Water Quality Management and the last interview I went to wanted to know if I could solder copper pipes.  I decided to take this class instead of a more traditional welding or soldering class because, well, Christmas presents!  I think the fine arts center has a similar class for similar cost, you just don't get college credit. 

I've been reading up on photographing jewelry in the hopes of eventually selling my jewelry.  I still have a long way to go, both with the pictures and metalworking, but the learning is so much fun.  There is nothing cooler than seeing that flash of the solder flowing!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011 02:37:08 PM »

Oh isn't metalworking the best? I miss it. These look great! Your bezel looks really good, those tall ones are always hard to get smooth. I can see some solder on the band near the beads, though. When you are using mixed metals it's always more noticeable. Grat job and keep up the good work! The round-ish copper hammered bead pieces are my favorites. Have you tried casting yet? It's addicting.
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011 06:58:25 PM »

No, I haven't tried casting.  That is a different class and I don't have any of the tools myself. 
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2011 09:17:31 AM »

Really like the Wonder Woman Cuff and how you used your block to take pics.  Nice work!
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2011 10:09:18 AM »

those are beautifuls! my fav is the ring, really amazing Smiley

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2011 06:10:29 PM »

Really like the Wonder Woman Cuff and how you used your block to take pics.  Nice work!
Thanks, I needed something that I could prop some of the items up on but I wanted to keep it jewelry themed.  Ironically I haven't actually used it for it's intended purpose yet.   I got a bunch of new jewelry tools for Christmas though so as soon as I get some stuff organized it will be put into use.   
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 5/5
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 3/5
How to Crochet Baby Booty Soles Part 4/5
How to Crochet Baby Sneakers Part 1/13
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 4/29
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quilted Patchwork Basket
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...