A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
552 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cooking/kitchen/food theme items?  (Read 1992 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melby
« on: December 04, 2011 05:31:20 AM »

Does anyone have any good online sources for cooking/kitchen/food theme stuff? I'm going to be organizing all my recipes into "scrapbooks" (not really scrapbooks, but, in that kind of style, you know), and I want to build up a supply of stuff to use on the pages for them before I get started at all (I prefer to plot things out as I go along, I wouldn't want to lay out pages and then try to work in elements later on!), but craft stores are very few & far between around here, and the *one* nearby has zero food-related stuff. I mean like they didn't even have any paper with cherries or, ya know, ANYTHING with/related to food at ALL, I was stunned! I didn't expect a lot, but not even a single piece of paper! Shocked

I love the kit that was used for that kitty chef page (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379993.0), but I looked it up and it's so expensive, holy cow! I don't really care so much about paper (I'm fine using various colored paper and probably will try out some of the dying techniques in the paper craft section, too), but I am dying for stickers, stamps, and any other fun embellishments related to the kitchen, cooking, and food in general. Any good sites you know of to get that sort of thing from, at a reasonable price? I'm going to be making tons of pages, and I'm not a millionaire, I can't afford to spend more than 30 bucks -before [expensive] shipping- for something that'll only make like 3 pages maybe! Cheaper kits, or reasonably priced individual things... anyone?

Thanks for any tips you can give!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2011 08:36:44 AM »

For free (apart from time) you could cut out pictures and illustrations from advertising and maybe magazines you have hanging around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
Melby
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2011 11:58:03 AM »

Yeah I'll probably do some of that also (though I don't really have magazines laying around and ones with English words are more expensive to get here Tongue), but I really want some actual kitchen item stuff to use! There haaaas to be something other than that *one* kit! Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011 05:29:43 AM »

I don't know if you have anything like it where you are, but at my fabric/craft store (Joann's) and craft store (Michael's), we have themed plastic buttons.
If you cut the back off of it (the loop part, and I use large nail clippers) it becomes a 3d embellishment. 

One or the other, I think Michaels,  sells a "grandma's button" bag that is about 50-50 in regular buttons and theme buttons for about $6 and comes with everything.  My last one came with ice cream cones, cake, Christmas, Halloween, and baby type buttons, as well as round one in a variety of colors and sizes.

Hope this helps! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

World.Of.Hoard-Craft
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012 09:13:40 PM »

If you can swap with someone who has a diecutting machine, there are some cute cooking dies out there. I have a Cricut, and know there is an entire cartridge of kitchen themed shapes. I don't have that cartridge, but some basic shapes like ice cream or cupcakes are on almost any cart.
You can Google phrases like 'digital stamp pizza (or whatever image you need,)print and color and add to the page.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Blog for crafty inspiration
http://worldofhoardcraft.blogspot.com/
richardm
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2012 09:41:30 AM »

How about taking a photo of a kitchen related item and print and cut, then let it serve as stencil/template?  Huh  Will this do? Or  there must be some local material you can get hold of, check freecycle in your area.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scrappingistherapy
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2012 04:26:31 PM »

Karen Foster Designs has several different food/cooking lines that are great for recipe books.  There are some other companies too, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.  My daughter is working on a recipe book right now, and she's used the From the Kitchen Cricut Cartridge in it.

Pam
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to use a Dutch Tilt
How to Increase Your Available Light
How an SLR Camera Differs from a Point and Shoot Camera
Learn about F Stop Increments
Learn about Depth of Field - The Three Rules
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...