A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
580 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yay I'm pregnant! Please help me find a pattern for this...  (Read 1061 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

chaoticpassion
« on: December 03, 2011 07:47:50 AM »

Hi all! My husband and I just got some wonderful news recently, I'm PREGNANT and could not be happier to start sewing mini-sized stuff.

I don't know yet if it's a boy or girl, but I have been looking on Pinterest and Etsy for ideas on nurseries, and ran across this seller: http://www.etsy.com/listing/81330955/custom-crib-bedding-you-choose-the

I love her crib bedding, but $350 is just not in my price range (especially b/c I want to have more than one set, in case of accidents/drool/etc. Have any of you used patterns to make your own crib bedding?

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.com
lil_abi
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011 08:32:32 AM »

I have!  I made pleated crib skirts, and the pattern I used (Simplicity 3795) also includes instructions for bumpers (if you're doing bumpers), fitted sheets, and other accessories.

I know (though I didn't use them, as I wanted the "clean" look of a pleated crib skirt) there are other patterns for gathered crib skirts as well.  Simplicity 3954  has a gathered crib skirt, fitted sheet, bumpers and window treatment, too.  Simplicity 2279 does, too, as does Simplicity 9140, which looks like it has a pattern for a quilt/blanket that's similar to the one you like from etsy. 

None of the sewing was hard, though it does take some time, and quite a bit of fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama to baby twins.  Frantic crafter while they nap!

My blog: http://SLiPsofthetongue.wordpress.com

DH's humorous and often offensive blog: http://mymasonicapron.blogspot.com
chaoticpassion
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011 08:40:20 AM »

Wow, thank you lil_abi! Four patterns in one response  Shocked !! I love all of the little accessories in Simplicity 3795, and you're right the other one does look like the blanket I liked. Bookmarking all four.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my site at www.mybunnygoboom.com
Radmom
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011 08:48:48 PM »

I would get the patterns mentioned below and if you are already skilled in sewing then go for it. If not, then get cheap sheets at a thrift store to create crib sheets. I have a lot of old bed sheets from when my kids were small that I cannot wait to turn into crib sets for their children in the future. I have star wars return of the Jedi for my son when he finally gets a son, or daughter. Lol Congrats!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

embercostumer
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012 12:25:12 AM »

I just made a valence and crib skirt and sheets for my baby boy (due tomorrow!!) and I didn't buy a single pattern. It's really some of the easiest sewing in the world! There are tons of tutorials online that can help you if you get stuck, but it's really just a bunch of rectangles. Here's some of the tutorials I referenced:

Sheets: http://www.danamadeit.com/2008/07/tutorial-crib-and-toddler-bed-sheets.html
I did them a little different, but her measurements were nice to have.

Skirt: http://www.kdbuggieboutique.com/2011/02/crib-skirt-tutorial-nursery-makeover-on.html
I used this method but adjusted for the height of the baby mattress being at it's highest setting and used two contrasting fabrics. It would be easy to use ruffles or pleats instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my website: www.embercostumes.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adjusting a Web Layout in CSS
Adding Background Elements and Importing Photoshop Smart Objects
A New Way to Flatten Images in CS3
5 Tips For Layer Styles
5 Things You Need to Know About the Gradient Tool in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...