A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
553 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Somebody PLEASE tell me what I can do with these!  (Read 4776 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sparkly Sharp Fabulous
Sparkly Sharp and Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011 09:15:31 PM »

You guys are so awesome!

I figured I should probably just SHOW you what they look like instead of trying to describe them (terribly!)

That is a normal size pen, btw

I tried stringing fishing line though them with a needle, but whatever the coating is they have on it, it doesnt seem to like to be punctured. I was going to try to make a garland with it (thank you for the idea!) but Ill just end up destroying more than I'll use.

I started putting up my christmas decorations this weekend, and they are looking an awful lot like the berries in some of my garland/decoration pieces. Maybe I'll try and use them for more of that, or like you said, maybe put them in a vase as decor!

Thank you all for your wonderful ideas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Strawberryh

Jesus save me from your followers

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2011 12:40:08 AM »

I think I would make mini dry snow globes in glass ornaments using miniatures
 from the doll house section and then put the foam balls in lose.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

beaotch
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2011 10:14:20 AM »

Glue them on a foam wreath form.  It'll be pretty!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sassy, sassy, sassy!

www.BeaOtch.com
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2011 11:14:52 AM »

Glue them on a foam wreath form.  It'll be pretty!!  Smiley

Oh that WOULD be so pretty! So clever you are Smiley

I think I would make mini dry snow globes in glass ornaments using miniatures
 from the doll house section and then put the foam balls in lose.

True, I didn't even think of the mini section! What a good idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mosaicideas
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2011 04:46:29 PM »

You said they melted when you used the glue gun. How did they melt? Did the paint come right off exposing the styrofoam? Or did they just get sticky and loose shape. If they melted properly I was thinking about putting them in a mold and slightly heating them until they settled in the form. Then cooling it and taking them out. It could be a seasonal mold like a santa. What came to my mind first was one of those donutish shaped pans for making like an angle food cake you know the ones with the hole in the middle. Ah yes bunt pan I remember. If you have enough of them to fill one of those half way you could melt them down and make a very nifty pokadotish wreath. Thats what I would try. Although I may burn the house down. You could always test a few of them to see how they melt and stick to the pan.
http://www.feelslikehomeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/what-to-do-with-a-bundt-pan-300x235.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can write about your self/product/blog/store... on my blog. Write a guest post.

Mosaic Ideas
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011 05:31:43 AM »

You said they melted when you used the glue gun. How did they melt? Did the paint come right off exposing the styrofoam? Or did they just get sticky and loose shape. If they melted properly I was thinking about putting them in a mold and slightly heating them until they settled in the form. Then cooling it and taking them out. It could be a seasonal mold like a santa. What came to my mind first was one of those donutish shaped pans for making like an angle food cake you know the ones with the hole in the middle. Ah yes bunt pan I remember. If you have enough of them to fill one of those half way you could melt them down and make a very nifty pokadotish wreath. Thats what I would try. Although I may burn the house down. You could always test a few of them to see how they melt and stick to the pan.
http://www.feelslikehomeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/what-to-do-with-a-bundt-pan-300x235.jpg

Interesting idea! Never thought about using a bundt pan! I ended up tossing out the hot glued ones, but they seemed to warp the outside coating (I would assume its some sort of plastic maybe in the paint?) And then within a few moments it seemed the inside just melted and got distorted by the heat. But maybe I could just use a spray adhesive or other sort of glue? I've never tried gluing anything onto cooking materials before! Thanks for the idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

justjen86
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011 07:29:00 PM »

Maybe hot glue them to fabric the size of placemates. You could do an interesting swirly design, or stars, or just random dots. It could make a cute table setting  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
waggonswest
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011 05:14:46 AM »

I just saw the the link to this on Craft Gossip.  It is foam trees covered with little styrofoam balls that look similar.  http://www.allthingsheartandhome.com/2011/11/18/oh-tiny-christmas-tree/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://waggonswest.etsy.com
25/12,  14/13
57/50 in 2010, 53/50 in 2011, 85/50 in 2012 83/50 in 2013 link, 12/2014
4/14
Sparkly Sharp Fabulous

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011 09:53:05 AM »

I just saw the the link to this on Craft Gossip.  It is foam trees covered with little styrofoam balls that look similar.  http://www.allthingsheartandhome.com/2011/11/18/oh-tiny-christmas-tree/

OMG! THat is awesome Smiley Thank you thank you! I actually have some of those foams! I dont know why I didnt think of that earlier! Thank you!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crinna
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2011 05:02:35 PM »

mix with  acrylic MATTE MEDIUM and press into a mold (think rice-crispy treat) to make a foam bead sculpture.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Five Ways to Improve Your Respiratory System
Clay Walker’s Jesus Was a Country Boy
Black Roses by Jane Thynne Book Trailer
J.A. Jance Explains Her Writing Routine
Standing Still in Central Park
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...