A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,216
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: (Tutorial) Origami Paper Boxes for little presents!  (Read 946 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mmmenta
« on: December 02, 2011 04:49:56 AM »

So I made this tutorial a while ago for sharing in a spanish website. I found the instructions in a website that I don't remember now (sorry but I made them for last year xmas), but the tutorial lacked of images and it was difficult to follow. So I decided to make my own since it's easier for me to learn with more pictures!

Let's get started  Grin

Materials: Paper or cardboard, scissors, ruler or squad, pencil.
Optional: rubber (if you use the pencil only on one of the sides and let that side looking face up there shouldn't be any pencil traces), glue (I didn't use glue for mine since it all stays in it place but if you use a soft paper it might be useful)

Tips: The actual size of the box will be 3 times smaller than the size of the square paper that you start off. A 6"x6" square will result in a 2"x2" box. To make the lid, just make the same box but add 0.5" to all the sides of the square. Box 6"x6", Lid 6.5" x 6.5", and so on. (note the original  measurements were in cm and I converted them I hope the conversion is good Cheesy)

Instructions

Cut a square on the paper. Draw a diagonal line joining two tips of the square.

Fold the tips to the center, using your line as a reference.

Fold in half your square to get a rectangle.

Unfold the rectangle (you'll be in the square from step two) and fold it again like before but in the other direction.

Unfold everything. There will be a little square marked in the middle (I marked it with pencil) That will be the base for your box!

Draw two lines matching two sides of the little square in the middle (they must be parallel). I scratched my lines as soon as they left the square (I hope this has sense!). Cut through this lines without cutting the square in the center (that is why it might be useful scratching it a bit).

Lift the triangular corners (two corners will end up as a triangle, other two as a rectangle with triangle only on the side) Following the folds, fold the tip inside, then you should have a triangle which base matchs the box's base.

Fold the tips inside and then the sides. You will start figuring out that there is a box right there!

Use the fold marks as a reference and fold the flaps left to finish your box!

NOTE: I translated myself my original text, It might not be very clear and I am open to corrections!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011 04:50:34 AM by Mmmenta » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lizziew
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011 05:28:21 AM »

I love making these boxes, you can use any paper and it's great. A really lovely tutorial, nice work. x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY PINTEREST LINK - http://pinterest.com/lizzierw/
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011 05:30:25 AM »

I'm ALWAYS hunting for little boxes, so this will be VERY handy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Duck Commander Matriarch Miss Kay Has a Cookbook!
An Extended Look at a Great Game
Gambling 101 with Artie Lange
Mean Book Reviews with Artie Lange
Jet Black and the Ninja Wind
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...