A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,057
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 77-79 Discussion Thread for Swap related only!  (Read 33296 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ChrisSews
« Reply #310 on: February 12, 2012 10:25:25 PM »

Gamemom, glad to hear your husband is tolerating the treatments fairly well.  Not exactly the best way to spend Valentines day but at least you'll be together. 

Back to working on my projects.  I think I'll have redstar's skirt done tonight or tomorrow.  Then I can spend some quality time in the garage/workshop cutting and shaping the ukulele neck for atsuko.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my projects, ideas, and swap wish list at...
http://pinterest.com/cmsargent/
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my brown eyed girl

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: February 13, 2012 05:39:03 AM »

Gamemom, glad to hear your husband is tolerating the treatments fairly well.  Not exactly the best way to spend Valentines day but at least you'll be together. 

Back to working on my projects.  I think I'll have redstar's skirt done tonight or tomorrow.  Then I can spend some quality time in the garage/workshop cutting and shaping the ukulele neck for atsuko.

YAY!  Thank you so much Chris!!  My hubby is sooo excited about his new toy! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamiek79
« Reply #312 on: February 13, 2012 07:41:54 AM »

This is beginning to sounds more and more complicated.. I don't think it will be something I can undertake. =(

I wonder if you got the clay if you could take it to a local high school or pottery studio and have them fire it for you??? Maybe if it is the high school you could offer to teach a class or donate some supplies in return?? I know that we had a kiln at our school so maybe. Just a thought. Hope you figure it out. OOOr get him a tattoo ring so that he can't lose it. You could put your fingerprint right on his finger. No mistaking who he belongs to then  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #313 on: February 13, 2012 08:32:28 AM »

I may give it a go with a kitchen torch.. That's something that doesn't scare me since I used to blow glass in high school.
Where would I be able to find that particular clay?
Or maybe if anyone here has some I would be willing to do a personal swap =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
phoenixfiredesigns
~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #314 on: February 13, 2012 10:34:03 AM »

klg_jlg - might be a little bit of an investment (at $100 plus shipping) but I know Fire Mountain Gems has a starter kit with everything you need to make and fire PMC with a torch. (Including a ring sizer and the torch itself!) http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H203256TL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
klg_jlg
« Reply #315 on: February 13, 2012 10:54:48 AM »

klg_jlg - might be a little bit of an investment (at $100 plus shipping) but I know Fire Mountain Gems has a starter kit with everything you need to make and fire PMC with a torch. (Including a ring sizer and the torch itself!) http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H203256TL

That's a pretty good price for everything included. Maybe I'll just tell my hubby what I'm up to and once our store picks up a little more get this.
Thanks for the info!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwiththegrizls.com
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

my brown eyed girl

« Reply #316 on: February 14, 2012 04:56:47 AM »

Happy Valentine's Day all.  I so love all these wonderful heart icons!   Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #317 on: February 14, 2012 04:32:07 PM »

Hi everyone! I might be out of OWS for the next round or two, just with life being how it is right now. But I'm still checking in to see how you all are, and admire all the crafty goodness.

Hope everyone's doing OK Smiley  We will be moving to an apartment in Wellington later this year, so I have some serious destashing/organising/downsizing to do!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

klg_jlg
« Reply #318 on: February 14, 2012 05:55:11 PM »

I have on my list that I am wanting to dabble in making my own soap. Actually, my husband left today for a business trip and is encouragin me to try making a batch while he's gone to pass the time. He's excited for me to make candles too =)
Anyway, I know there's a million different ways to make soap. I know I'm not interested in making the glycerin soap because I sometimes react to it.
What are your preferred kinds to make (if you do) and why do you prefer making those?
What are you preferred kind to use/receive?
I live in Idaho so I'm wanting something that won't be too harsh on skin since it's already cold and we have really dry air.
Thasks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jamiek79
« Reply #319 on: February 14, 2012 07:43:43 PM »

OK ladies it has been the best Valentines Day. The dh got me a new camera. No more busted pics from me of my wonderful swap goodies! I am so excited I can't even explain. Hope everyone had a great day and I should be back swapping soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What To Pack In Your Travel Makeup Bag
How to Apply Foundation
Naeem Khan Fall 2013 RTW: Hair and Makeup Preview
Advice From Past Cover Stars on How to Enter the Pretty Amazing Contest
Go Behind-the-Scenes of the Hunger Games Fashion Shoot
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...