A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,806
Currently Running With Scissors:
578 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap Round 77-79 Discussion Thread for Swap related only!  (Read 32625 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Averia
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #340 on: February 17, 2012 12:20:16 PM »

Yes, join us.  We have cookies, yarn, and everything else your crafty heart could desire!

Cookies? We have cookies? I haven't gotten any cookies! I want cookies...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlefawnpug

Formally known as missmoppet

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #341 on: February 17, 2012 12:39:50 PM »

Yes, join us.  We have cookies, yarn, and everything else your crafty heart could desire!

Cookies? We have cookies? I haven't gotten any cookies! I want cookies...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Happiness resides not in possessions, and not in gold, happiness dwells in the soul.

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #342 on: February 17, 2012 12:42:03 PM »

Mmm!  Cookies!!

Since most things I mail are pretty light, I just use a kitchen scale for postage. This is the one I have http://www.amazon.com/Ozeri-Professional-Digital-Kitchen-Tempered/dp/B003MSZBSI/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1327006213&sr=8-4

Also, I think you can only do priority shipping on-line, but you do get a discount plus free DC.
Took the plunge and ordered this scale that Luck recommended. Now I can save on those pesky DC#s.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #343 on: February 17, 2012 12:54:16 PM »

Thank you MissMoppet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #344 on: February 17, 2012 01:03:30 PM »

Ack, I've stalled the swap.  Been searching and searching for things I want.  I added 2 new items in the craft for me section.  I'll be going thru my Pinterest looking for more ideas.  Sorry.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #345 on: February 18, 2012 11:13:53 AM »

I just sent in my questionnaire for round 79, so hopefully I will be able to claim soon!

those cookies are a tease! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
klg_jlg
« Reply #346 on: February 18, 2012 03:01:50 PM »

What a crazy past few days.. My hubby, Jake, left town for California on Tuesday. Then Wednesday my little girl woke up with a fever of 103, and didn't sleep any more than 30 minutes at a time that night. Thursday morning fever was up to 103.5 (keep in mind this was read from her underarm, so it was higher). Took her to the doctor and could not have been more disappointed. They first of all weighed her improperly since the made her lay down and her feet were resting/ pushing against the counter. Then when the doctor finally go in there about an hour later all he did was check her ears and throat. Didn't even listen to her breathing or anything. Determined it was strep and gave us some amoxicillin.
Stupid neighbors were fighting like crazy Thursday night. We live in a townhouse and they are on one side of us.. Heard all kinds of yelling, throwing things against the wall for 40 long minutes (all the while my poor little girl is so freaked out from all the banging that she's standing in the hallway staring at the wall crying and screaming). Then sounded like the girl in the argument was thrown down the stairs and heard he creaming bloody murder for help, so I called the police. Second time in a week we had to call on them since they had also been stealing power from us.... Was totally freaked out because not only are there 4 men that live there but they all drink heavily and have told my hubby in casual conversation that they also do cocaine?! SCARY! Immediately had my friend's hubby come pick up me and my little girl and had to stay the night there. Poor Natalia only slept in intervals of 7-10 minutes the entire night. Yesterday morning drove 45 minutes to my in laws and stayed there last night and was finally able to come home today because my hubby got back from his business trip. I even called the rental agency about getting out of our lease and our neighbors rent directly from the owner so there's nothing they can do. He is supposed to go "talk" to them and if we have more problems we are calling back to get out of the lease or try  to get them kicked out. i have a feeling that having the owner show up at their door will only make things worse and tick them off more...UGH! Cannot wait to buy our house this summer!!

On another note, I managed to make 4 swiffer covers for lindyv321 before all of this happened. Planning to work on moniqueramsey's projects bag and lindyv's pinterest surprise the rest of this weekend. Also came home today to find a box from babalina with TONS of awesomeness. I'll get photos up once I can get this little girl down for a nap.. Hopefully everyone elses' week has been going better than mine... Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Always looking for new amazing crafters whose work I can feature on my blog, Going Green with the Grizls. =) www.goinggreenwitht hegrizls.com
quilted
« Reply #347 on: February 18, 2012 05:23:22 PM »

Ooof -- what a night.  Embarrassed

Good for you for taking your family out of there for the next couple of days. Best of luck over the coming months!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
rlynn
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #348 on: February 18, 2012 05:39:02 PM »

klg_jlg, How scary!  I'm so sorry you had to go through that!  Good to hear you listened to your intuition and had a friend pick you two up. 

I'm thinking of joining 79 but first I have to grade all these midterms. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #349 on: February 18, 2012 06:14:21 PM »

Yikes klg_jlg!  I wouldn't complain to the owner...I'd just run...esp if they are doing drugs...they could become irrational and try to hurt/scare you guys.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Live aloha
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 41 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
CoverGirl and Hunger Games Makeup Collection Revealed
How to Apply Makeup on the Go
Daytime Eye Makeup Tutorial
Tips For Plump Lips and Air Dried Hair
Nicki Minaj Releases Minajesty Perfume Ad
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...