A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,742
Currently Running With Scissors:
433 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Very Merry Supernatural Christmas  (Read 6309 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cursive_queen
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011 12:08:30 PM »

there's a tiny chance that the knitting was a little damp (though it felt dry when I packed it) but it most certainly wasn't soaking wet.  The ornament is the only thing that cant be washed and saved Sad  sweetgeek said it smelt moldy which is odd too considering it only took 3 days to get there, so even if something was wet it shouldn't have molded.  Makes me wonder if somehow it got wet and someone tried to dry the box causing it to get warm inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
capnstubtooth
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011 01:35:44 PM »

I received today, and wow did my partner spoil me. I love everything so much, thanks jimscupcake! Now on to the pics (there's a lot of them).

First a group shot

Next up is the awesome shrine she made me

For the holiday decoration she sent me the coolest garland ever and it's now hanging by our menorah  Grin

and now get ready for a ton of pics because she also sent me a jewelry box full of goodies!

also in the box was this keychain

and lastly an action shot!

I love love love everything! thanks for making my first swap so fantastic. I'm glad you like everything you received and that the glasses made it in one peice, I was very worried about that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cloverlilly
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011 05:05:28 AM »

That jewelry box is awesome and I love the Impala earrings. Jimscupcake, did you make the little cars or find them somewhere?

The glass tumblers are great too.

So much cool supernatural stuff so far, can't wait to see the rest.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jimscupcake
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2011 06:10:37 AM »

The Impalas I did in resin. I took one of the keychains that came as a DVD extra, ground the keyring loop off. Made a mold from silicone rubber then cast them in resin drilled a hole for the eyebolt and painted them. My car is a 2010 Impala that I call the Fopala since I don't consider it a real Impala, I'm making me one for the rear view mirror. Wink

I'm sooooo glad Capnstubtooth liked everything! She did such a good job for me. The etched glass is even prettier in real life.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011 06:27:47 AM by jimscupcake » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetgeek
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011 12:56:49 AM »

Hi everyone!
Well, after soaking the goodies I got from cursive_queen, it might have to go through the wash one more time. I don't know what happened, she doesn't even live that far away from me for it to be so water damaged. It's like the PO guy ran it through a waterfall before giving it to me. Sad
Will post pics when everything is dry! I'm also going to try to redo the ornament, I'll post a pic of it if I succeed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LilLouLouBell
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2011 04:42:15 AM »

Its so exciting to see what everyone made! 

I got an amazing package from Willowe went I got home last night, I loved everything in it!  I have to go to class for a few hours now, but I will post pics of all the wonderfulness when I get home (around lunch time)!  And....one of those items is coming to class with me today!  Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The gratification comes in doing, not in the results."

http://wists.com/LilLouLouBell
LilLouLouBell
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2011 11:36:13 AM »

This was my very first swap and it was a lot of fun.  I am happy to say I love everything that Willowe sent me!

The first thing I saw upon opening the box was this:

The chain on the necklace is nice and long (yay!), and the vials contain (from left to right): herbs for protection, holy water (I love the little cross!), salt ('cause this swap wouldn't be complete without some salty!), and Angel's grace (how creative is that!  I never would of thought of it!).  I love how I can change out the charms for this necklace.  

The second lovely thing:

My cat, Izzy, loves her new stocking!  She likes the ribbon tab most of all (of course, she's a cat!), but as her mom I feel confident in saying that she appreciates the angel banishing vigil as well!  Smiley  And of course Willowe drew it in the hasty manner they would on the show for more authenticity (excellent choice!).  Izzy says thank you!

And finally:

I cannot say how much I love this bag!  It is my absolute favorite color, my favorite quote from the show (love Cas!) which I say all the time, the lining fabric is beautiful, and it has a magnet closure!  She even drew the Holy Oil moltov(sp?) cocktail that Castiel threw.

(Isn't the lining fabric pretty?)

The construction on the bag is awesome.  I'm a new sewer, so these things still amaze me.  I love how sturdy the bottom is and out wide the handles are.  The bag worked out wonderfully carrying my laptop to class this morning, and I can't wait to take it on my next library excursion!

This has been such a fun experience, and I truly think I'm going to be addicted to craft swaps after this!  Thank you for being my first, Willowe!  Smiley  I appreciate your patience with me throughout the last two weeks or so.  My grandmother was hopitalized, but she is back at home and doing wonderfully now!  
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011 11:38:06 AM by LilLouLouBell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The gratification comes in doing, not in the results."

http://wists.com/LilLouLouBell
Willowe
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2011 07:58:57 AM »

I'm glad to hear your grandmother is doing better, LilLouLouBell, and that you liked everything I sent!

In case anyone is interested, I (sort of) used a Craftster tutorial for the bag: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=177482.0 I say "sort of" because I didn't follow it exactly (partially because I didn't read it closely enough and partially because I wanted to make my own changes, like leaving the handles wider).

Also, I received my AMAZING package today and I'll post pictures ASAP! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Cloverlilly
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011 07:04:24 PM »

Man where did everyone and their stuff go? It seems so dead in here lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Willowe
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011 07:22:31 PM »

I got distracted with finals and moving back home for winter break. Embarrassed I promise I'll post pictures of what I got tomorrow!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Gas Planet - Photoshop
How to Create a Grilled Planet - Photoshop
How to Create an Earth Like Planet - Photoshop
How to Create an Ice Planet - Photoshop
How to Create a Solar System - Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...