A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,758
Currently Running With Scissors:
476 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: December 2011 Birthday Swap  (Read 5785 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: December 01, 2011 01:51:05 PM »

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT POSTING A LIST (WITH APPROVAL). THERE IS A SEPARATE THREAD FOR DISCUSSION; THIS THREAD IS FOR BIRTHDAY LISTS ONLY.

I reserve the right to deny participation to anyone who has a history of late sending or poor communication. This is a BIRTHDAY swap. No one should be flaked on on their birthday.

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO. THERE WILL BE A QUIZ. NO,REALLY!

PLEASE DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A PM SAYING THAT YOU HAVE BEEN APPROVED. YOU WILL NOT BE APPROVED UNTIL YOU POST IN THE DISCUSSION/GALLERY...JUST LIKE IT SAYS IN THE SIGN-UP FORM.

Questions? Please post in the discussion/gallery: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397357.0

Swap name: December 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: TroubleT
Craftster member who is coorganizing:
Sign-up date range: December 1-31
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you make a claim

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
You must be 16 years old to swap.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:

- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
- Is at least 18 years old: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:

- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES
- Participant has agreed that he/she is at least 16 years old: YES
- Participant lives in the United States: YES/NO
   - If yes, understands that Delivery Confirmation number is required for this swap: YES
   - If no, understands that a mailing receipt copy is required for this swap: YES

Details of swap:
 This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.
1. This swap is list style, like the Ongoing Wishlist Swap.  However, it is NOT chain style. You can choose any birthday Craftsters list that is posted, rather than only being able to pick from the last one posted like in the OWS.

2. This is a medium item swap. A medium item is defined as a craft or recon, etc that takes you two hours to complete OR $20 worth of store bought items. (If bought from a thrift store, estimate what it would have cost new.) However, you may also substitute a few small items for a medium.

3. If your birthday is in swap's current month, you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the swap questionnaire filled out and wait for approval. While you're waiting, be sure to post in the discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397357.0

4. Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would like to receive. This is the format for your lists: First post your location and a short bio of yourself, then a list of crafted items you would like, then craft supplies (if any) and lastly you can put a few extras that arent crafted, things like candy or tea. Remember, the more items on your list, the more likely you are to be chosen. The minimum of items to post is five.  Also including your wists, etsy favorites, etc. is a good way for people to get the idea of your likes and style.  If you have any allergies please type them in red in your bio section. Please see "Tips to Creating a Good List" below.

5. Please post lists only in this thread. Discussion can be done here in the combined discussion/gallery thread: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397357.0    Please be sure to post here so that you can be part of the discussion and receive. You will not be approved until you have posted in the discussion thread.

6. Every birthday participant must make at least one claim. You may have up to two claims at a time, unless you are an FOC or a first time swapper, and then you can claim again once your items are received (not when you mail out). New swappers may only have one outstanding claim; they may claim again after their first claim is received. FOC's may have 3 outstanding claims at a time. Claims need to be made from the "crafted" and "craft supplies" sections of a person's list. The "extras" are just that--extra items you may want to throw in if you are feeling generous, but claims cannot be solely extras. Keep it crafty :-) (I'm asking that if you are sending mostly supplies, that you craft a little something for the bday babe, even if it's a handmade card.)

7. You may get claimed more than once, but your minimum amount to claim is one.  It is possible you may not get claimed at all. In this case you will not be provided a swap angel; angels are only if you get flaked on. However I do my best to make sure everyone gets claimed by keeping track of how many times each person is claimed. If possible try to pick someone who has been claimed 0 times versus someone who has been claimed 3 times.

8. If it is not your birthday but you would like to send a birthday present out you may do so.  Fill out the non-birthday swapper questionnaire and send it to me for approval.  Birthday swappers who receive a present from a non-birthday swapper must send a snail mail thank you card.  You will not receive feedback until I hear from the other swapper that they have received a thank you card.

9. When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, PM both the organizer AND the chosen Craftster.  At that time, please request the address from the receiver for where to send it.  After that, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door.

10. It is super important for everyone to keep good communication.  It is REQUIRED that you PM me when you've sent and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is REQUIRED that when you receive, you PM me and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  If you do not send the appropriate pms you will receive poor communication feedback.

11. When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen. (It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.)

12. If you are sending late you must PM me and TroubleT by your send-out date.  If your send-out date comes and goes and you dont PM me, you will receive poor communication feedback.  It should not be my job to hunt you down and find out what is going on.

13. If you are flaked on in this swap you will receive an angel, but only in the amount of packages to which you also sent out. For instance, if you send out 2 packages, and are claimed for 3 packages but are flaked on once, you will not receive an angel because you already received 2 packages, which is equal to what you sent. If you send 1 package and are claimed for 1 package and you are flaked on, you will receive 1 angel.

Please make sure to put Dec. Birthday Swap or something equivalent in the subject line on all communications. The most important thing to me is communication. Please PM me (TroubleT) when you send and receive, and please reply to my PM's to you in a timely manner.  

If you format your PMs like this:  
Format for PMs:
Proper label:
"Dec. Bday Swap" and either "Sign-up," "Claim," "Sent," "Received," or "Question"

When sending sent and received pm's include the send-by date, listed in the second post of the main thread, your user name, their user name and the item. Just copy and past the info from the second post if you want!:

Send by December 14
kaz814 to TroubleT -- pretty purse

Outstanding claims allowed:
FOCs: 3 at a time
First time swappers: 1 at a time
Everyone else: 2 at a time

Become an FOC~
http://www.craftster.org/subscribe.php

TIPS TO CREATING A GOOD LIST
It seems that every month there is someone whose list languishes for a while. I want everyone to get picked so here are some tips for a well-round list:

--Make sure your items are actually mediums and smalls. Quilts are not mediums. Large painted portraits are not mediums. Hand knit sweaters are not mediums. This isnt to say that you cant have any large items on your list (some generous soul may have the time and the inclination to choose one of those!), but the majority of the list should be smaller items
--Listing A surprise plus a well filled out Craftster profile and a link to your wists (with a decent amount of items on it) is always helpful in getting chosen
--Make sure to post a variety of crafting techniques. If you list appliqud t-shirts in five various themes and count that as your required five items, that is more like one item for someone to choose, not five. Having various crafting methods (sewn, knit, crocheted, paper crafted, jewelry, etc.) is going to make it easier for people to choose you.
--Check out other lists in past Bday swaps and the Ongoing Wishlist Swap for ideas for things you never knew you wanted!

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER (BIRTHDAY SWAPPERS):
Name of swap: December 2011 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Real name & Address (formatted for mailing):
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?
Are you willing to send at least a medium item per claim?
(If not then you will not be approved.)
Are you at least 16 years old?  Yes/No
Who and what do you claim for crafting? If you do not know yet/it's the beginning of the swap, you have 1 week after being approved to claim someone:
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt.  Yes/No
Have you posted in the discussion thread already? If you say yes and haven't I will not approve you. If you say no I will not approve you. Discussion thread found here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397357.0  Yes/No
Quiz: What do you have to do if someone who is a non-bday swapper sends you a gift?
Quiz 2: How long do you have to send out after making your claim?

If it is NOT your birthday and you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- December 2011 Birthday Swap (Non-Bday Craftster)
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address, including country and properly formatted for shipping:
Chosen craftster and item (if you know):
If shipping within the US, I agree to obtain a DC#: Yes/No
If shipping from outside of US, I agree to provide a copy/scan of my mailing receipt. Yes/No
I understand that I will be getting a thank you card and not a package for this swap.  Yes/No

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZERS VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.
Please make sure to post in the combined Gallery/Discussion Thread to keep up with updates: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=397357.0

Links to Previous Birthday Swap Rounds

July 2011 Birthday List
July 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
October 2011 Birthday List
October 2011 Swap Discussion and Gallery
November 2011 Birthday List
November 2011 Discussion and Gallery

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012 05:00:42 AM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TroubleT
Tutorial Contributor

No try, just do.

I'm the Irish Latina Ninja!

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011 01:58:33 PM »

Birthday participants:
Moonlitsun - Dec 5 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
plaidpineapple - Dec 28 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
A2K FOC - Dec 24 - (0,0,3) - receiving 2 gifts
michelleandbean FOC - Dec 8 - (0,0,1) - receiving 3 gifts
Pixiefirefly FOC - Dec. 19 - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
teachart FOC - Dec. 6  - (0,0,1) - receiving 2 gifts
sloth003 FOC - Dec 18 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
ThreadOrYarn FOC - Dec 22 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
bronzfrog - Dec 27 - (1,0,0)
crassy_mcnasty - Dec. 18 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
sheepBlue FOC - Dec. 29 - (0,0,2) - receiving 2 gifts
jtlhmmwabodf - Dec 8 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
erica_tattoos FOC - Dec. 28 - (0,0,1) - receiving 1 gift
C*lientje - Dec 21 - (1,0,0) - receiving 1 gift

Non-birthday participants:

TroubleT - (0,0,1)
mintdawn - (0,1,0)
SilverMoon - (0,0,1)

Claims

Sent
Received
Late with communication
Contact the Organizer ASAP!

Send by Dec. 18

A2K to Moonlitsun for crochet hook roll & extras to match!
Moonlitsun to A2K for pinterest surprise

Dec 19
plaidpineapple to Teachart for a wallet
teachart to sloth003 for a hoopla
michelleandbean to teachart for scrapy patchwork scarf
sloth003 to michelleandbean for a wist/pinterest surprise!
ThreadOrYarn to michelleandbean for some ATCs
bronzfrog to michelleandbean for a hoopla

Dec 20
A2K to sheepBlue - handspun yarn and a little surprise or two!

Dec 21
crassy_mcnasty to sloth003 for necklaces- cool pendants

Dec 22
sloth003 to plaidpineapple for a hand dyed yard

Dec 23
erica_tattoos to ThreadOrYarn for some stars and whimsies
Pixiefirefly to erica_tattoos for a pinterest surprise

Dec 24
sheepBlue to A2K - handdyed fabric and a pinterest surprise
jtlhmmwabodf to plaidpineapple for this crocheted bracelet

Dec 26
A2K --> jtlhmmwabodf - handspun yarn, & knitting patterns

Dec 27
c*lientje to ThreadOrYarn for a swirl pendant and some stars

Dec 29
mintdawn to  C*lientje for scrappy fabric cuff, feather earrings

Jan 2
ThreadOrYarn to PixieFireFly for something from her pinterest crochet board
TroubleT to crassy_mcnasty for a thread catcher and a small surprise

Jan 10
SilverMoon to sheepBlue for a shawlette

Jan 11

sheepBlue to Pixiefirefly for whimsies and a wist inspired surprise  Smiley
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012 12:06:18 PM by TroubleT » THIS ROCKS   Logged
MoonlitSun
Never stop believing. Stars never do.

We all need a little magic in our lives.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011 08:47:39 AM »

Hi all! Happy Birthday to all December birthday glas Cheesy
So, my name's Arzeena Tongue My birthday's on the 5th of December and am turning 17 ^_^
Now for info on me: My fav colours include silver, purple, black and grey for clothes. I like nearly all colours, though i tend to prefer lighter shades. However I don't like pink and dark yellow (unless its a really light shade)
Random things i like: stripes(!), dragonflies, circles, uniformity/symmetry, dragons and anything related to nature and skies (Basically leaves, stars, moon/crescent moon)
I also have a slight preference for useful things compared to purely decorative ones that will just end up accumulating dust.

Now on to the wishlist- A Pinterest surprise would be GREAT! If you made it, am sure i'll love it ^_^ And everyone LOVES surprises! My Pinterest is quite filled and is your best bet to search for a gift for me Roll Eyes

Clothes
I don't really like low cuts and sleeveless tops, I like covering as much skin as i like lol Tongue So basically long tees or small dresses are best, thank you. Note that sizes are different in each country i think, I normally wear women's medium in my country so PM for measurements if you're unsure Cheesy
-Any clothes sewn/reconned by you inspired from my pinterest or which you think i'll like. Surprise me Wink But simple is always the best Roll Eyes

-Stenciled T-shirts! I love well-filled shirts compared to plain ones! (i'd love it more if it's long enough to cover my butt like e.g of a long t-shirt/tank) There's a board dedicated to quotes i'd love to get on a t-shirt.
I'd like funny quotes, like "Am a scientist, to save time, let's assume am never wrong" or "My head is this way up you pervert!" (This one should be positioned on the breast >_<)

Accessories
-Bunny slippers (the funnier and furrier, the better)

-earcuffs (simple is the best, e.g on my pinterest)

-cuff-bracelets

-simple rings (preferably with no shiny stones, no gold and which will not rust)

-Jewelry inspired from my Pinterest

Other stuff
-A crochet hook holder like the one on my pinterest  A2K thanks for claiming!

-An ipod nano 2nd gen holder

-Quill pens (guess everyone wants to be a wizard once every while)

-A handmade journal

-A keychain (I collect these Roll Eyes)

-A bookmark. (Am an avid reader, literally eat big fat books, you won't believe what i've used as bookmarks before)

-Anything Anime/manga related (I just love Asian culture- I watch animes, read mangas, listen to korean songs and watch japanese drama. Am even learning japanese and i love their food and way of eating with sticks >_<)

-Anything Legend of Zelda related- Tshirts, bracelets, ANYTHING- I just love that game- all time favourite Wink

Supplies
Oh God, there's like so much that's not available on my island and that i subsequently can't get Cry
-Polymer clay!!! (I don't mind if its just white or translucent, i'd love you if you could get me some!)

-Resin casting beginner kit (Am wanting to try making resin pendants but am at a loss of how to)

-tiny vials to make pendants

-jewelry wire and nose plier

-stamp carving tools (I've been using my cuticle trimmer, works great but is not accurate)

-rotary cutter??

-cardstock

Extras
-Birthday card
-Chocolate!! Its my drug! I don't really like nuts in chocolate but any other thing is fine!
-Ink pads
-paper punches
-Crochet patterns, i make amis mostly.

-------->Thanks loads for choosing me! Feel free to message me with any questions.
             Everything i listed has an example on my pinterest.
Again, happy birthday to all of you  out there ^_^ Hope this month is as special to you as it is to me! ^_^
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012 05:52:42 AM by MoonlitSun » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a CHOCAHOLIC! Dare eat chocolate in front of me! xD
My Pinterest ^_^

Yay for personal swaps! Message me anytime ^_^
Currently looking for aida cloths! 14 or 20 count, or anything you can part with!
plaidpineapple
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011 05:56:18 PM »

Hello I am Sandra I live in Utah. No food or other allergies. I will be 36.  I have 3 children and hubby.  I have no allergies.   Any made items links are only for ideas, feel free to craft it yourself and take your own spin on it.
Dislikes neutral colors and orange as the predominant color.  I love a wide variety of styles.  Shabby chic, vintage, nature such as the urban zoologie fabrics, polka dots, gingham, retro, bright and cheery.  I majored in History and love anything history related.  I use to read a ton until I became addicted to crafting 24/7.

Favorite Colors pink, yellow, black, white, yellow, jewel tones, periwinkle, lots more
Favorite scents? All Fruit and floral smells. Do not like musk, patchouli scents.

1. Crafts:
Anything Care Bears inspired.  I am a girl scout leader and our camp this summer is going to have a Care Bears theme.

sewing quilting and embroidery:
*Love this wall hanging http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605120132/
and this http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605113425/ but in a color scheme that does not include orange
*Womens size 6 dundies
*I would love a set of these embroidered satchets
http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605108734/
A ruffle bag similar to this: http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605227462/  I love the ruffles and the fabric flowers
A whale mobile to hang in my bathroom: http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605227414/
A pair of Spats: http://pinterest.com/pin/268527196501471502/

felt:
*I love these felt birds, without any ribbon on top.  I want to hang them with clear thread in my sewing room
http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605215270/
*I would love a felt flower set
http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605140979/

knit/crochet:
*Black corseted knit fingerless gloves, red ribbon for the ties
*Knit Nightmare Before Christmas hat similar to this: http://pinterest.com/pin/262844611/
*Would love this dress crocheted an for American Girl doll: http://www.abc-knitting-patterns.com/1029.html
*knitted socks (size 7)
*I adore this cuff/bracelet (not sure if it is tatted or crocheted) http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605174532/
Thanks jtlhmmwabodf!
*Old time gamers hat: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/invading-your-earspace
*I am so in love with this hat http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/litchfield
* a shrug-some I like: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vera-shrug
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/111-24-crochet-short-sleeveless-top-in-alpaca

Trying to decorate my sewing room:
*Wall Art in a vintage 50's style.
*love this:http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605217567/
*Wall removable black vinyl in retro bikes, fashion model style women etc
My sewing rooms is in pinks, purples, minty sage, white

jewelry:
I have some jewelry that I love on my "pretty pretty" board that I would love created!
http://pinterest.com/plaidpineapple/pretty-pretty/
Anything on my the board is up for grabs.
There are also jewelry ideas for me on my etsy favs

bath and body:  sugar scrubs , homemade soaps

Other crafty goodness:
*Maple Nut Fudge
*Harry Potter stamps: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff crests
*alice in wonderland stamps:http://pinterest.com/pin/179651472605144340/
A hair goodies holder similar to this:  http://pinterest.com/pin/181410691209598227/

2.Craft Supplies:
stamp carving kit
Would adore Girl Scout or Alice in Wonderland fabrics ( yard)
100% wool felt pieces can be scraps
Metal purse frame any size
sew- in velcro
Heavy (stiff) fusible or sew-in interfacing for fabric baskets
Any silicone molds for fimo  (gently used is fine) ex:
http://www.etsy.com/your/favorite/listings?page=2
Tile pendant kit:http://www.etsy.com/listing/62800098/learn-how-to-make-scrabble-tile-pendants
this cookbook: http://www.amazon.com/Making-Artisan-Chocolates-Andrew-Garrison/dp/1592533108/ref=pd_sim_k_4
or http://www.amazon.com/Chocolates-Confections-Culinary-Institute-America/dp/0470189576/ref=pd_sim_b_2
or other gently used candy-making books.
Zippers, any size and type

I have just begun learning how to knit. I could use:
*yarn bowl
*hand dyed or hand spun yarn (wool)
thanks sloth003 !
I also have been making a lot of felted wool slippers and have been using Patons brand

3.Extras
Doll shoes for American Girl dolls. Also Ag- Used books featuring Kit -have the first one
Anything maple flavored
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011 06:57:15 PM by plaidpineapple » THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011 06:30:53 PM »

Happy Birthday, all!  On the 24th, I'll be 53!  Weird!  Im addicted to knitting (A2K), though I love many other crafts as well!  A Michigan (USA) native, I am enamored of watery landscapes and northern hardwood forests.  My deepest wish is to live on a lake or river.  I love snow and wintery landscapes, cool colors and corny humor.  I love superheroes and mourn the fact that Im fat and 50 superhero material beyond repair.  ☺  I wist and pinterest.    

Enough about me:  

Crafted Items

organic oil based body lotion, shampoo, hair conditioner  ( I love homemade, chemical free body products - if you use similar ingredients, bring it on!!!!)

any bird or wildflower watercolor -- I love this and this  This is great!  And this!

poly clay decorated tacks

decorated clothespins

pottery, especially small bowls or  large mugs, or yarn bowl

handcrafted buttons, especially wood

moc-a-socs like these: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=290914.200

muppets pencil toppers - here's the bracelet that inspired this idea: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=228448.0

Handspun yarn, any colors, any amount - I love handspun yarn!

Placemats - woven, patchwork, quilted! (many on my wist)

quilted Potholders, embroidered tea towels

Hand-crafted batik fabrics

Hand-dyed fabrics

Fused glass suncatcher (as examples, I like these http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=379048.0)

Great Blue Heron Art, especially watercolor

A wisty surprise or My Pinterest (link in my signature below!)

Tee shirt with blue heron, grammar jokes, funny (not off color) exercise jokes, jack russell, black bear, dandelion, stick men, daisies, wildflowers, crafting (especially sewing or knitting), calvin & hobbes - stencil or bleach resist - 3X

Supplies

Patterns on Ravelry:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kiyo, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pretty-thing, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owls-2, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/sources/mary-janes-tearoom/patterns (I have Oscar), http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/sullivan, http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/amigurumi-white-kitty-pattern

natural fiber yarns, any weight, any color.  Wool, bamboo, corn silk, cotton, cotton blends, etc.

buttons

zippers, especially shorties (6-12 inches) any color

wool and acrylic blend yarn, DK or sport weight, any color

sewing machine needles 11, 12, 14 (universal needles okay)

fabric dyes (procion, especially, for batiks)  any colors!

rayon thread for machine embroidery - any colors

Mystery box of fabric, yarn, sewing supplies, spinning fiber -- destash on me!  Cheesy

scissors!  I collect all kinds!

firm or extra firm stabilizer

fat quarters/fabric scraps/charm squares - any colors!  Looking for solids and small prints, but I also like a bit of "wild"in my stash!

quilting supplies (long pins, purple thang, patterns, rulers, etc.)

badge maker (the one sitting in the back corner of your closet!)

spinning fiber (wool, bamboo, cotton, tencel, etc.)

books about dyeing fabric

muslin or used white sheets in good condition

Books (used are fine!):
Knitting on Top of the World by Nicki Epstein [/color]
Any craft Book from my amazon wishlist! (Amazon wish list:  http://www.amazon.com/wishlist/27G199LJS0WZQ)

Extras

foods unique to your locale
dark chocolate -- the darker the better
postcard from your town/country
tea or tea supplies!  I love all things tea!
your favorite healthy recipes!
licorice (black I especially like Panda and Scandinavian varieties YUM!)
Fun badges/pins
vintage flat sheets for church quilting projects

Thanks for choosing me!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011 09:26:34 AM by A2K » THIS ROCKS   Logged

teachart
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2011 08:20:22 AM »

Hi everyone and happy birthdays! Im Emily and I live in upstate NY. I will be 33 on December 6th. I love the boho, distressed look, love earth tones and am bit of a hippie Smiley, Reclaimed items are awesome, so feel free to use them on me!!
Im an FOC, so be sure to check out my likes and what not on my profile.
Im not into cute, country, Harry Potter,vampires, or things that are super girly; I have a dark sense of humor, and like things that are a little off.  Im not really into knickknacks; I love practical things Smiley

Crafted Items:
-Anything wearable, reclaimed fine. Its cold here in NY, so maybe a sweatshirt or hoodie or anything with long sleeves or anything to keep me warm!! I wear a womens medium, mens small (other clothes Im like a US 6. PM me if you want my real measurements!!)
-knit socks! (or any socks!!) size 9 shoe
-an embroidered cuff or other piece of wearable art
-hoopla for my wall
-wallet thank you plaidpineapple!!
-shower cap (I saw some nifty handmade ones here on Craftster but now I cant find them...)
-scrappy patchwork scarf (maybe one from reclaimed clothes?) thank you michelleandbean!!!
-FUNKY earrings! (ones that dangle)  
-some sort of storage container (basket?) for hats and mittens so my husband and son will stop leaving them on the floor Smiley
-handmade soap, scrubs, in a sent thats not flowery (I prefer earthy, spicy smells if that makes sense!!)
-yoga socks (no toes or heals)
- a patchwork skirt (ok that's a huge wish but even one that you have kicking around and don't wear is fine  Wink)
-SURPRISES! who doesn't love them!!

Craft Supplies:
Would Love to learn how to needle felt!!! (I LOVE this http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=233971.0;topicseen and would like to make my own!!)
wool yarn in greys and earth tones
ephemera
gouache watercolors
unique buttons, charms- anything sewable to add to Teesha Moore type stuff
Seed beads/other beads
batik fabric
natural fabrics (wool, cotton)
thread (for machine sewing)
could use a good pair of paper scissors
medium weight fusible stabilizer
fabric scraps
flat headed pins

Extras:
-Kinder eggs if you are in a country that has em!!
-I love Aero Chocolate too
-Bustelo Coffee!!
-books- if youve read something dark you think Id like, pass it on Smiley
-Something local from where you live!!

Thanks for picking me!!!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011 11:02:31 AM by teachart » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2011 10:50:18 AM »

so. here's me. slothy- about to turn 37.(dec18) i live in Stratford Ontario CANADA. i have a hubby and a bouncing baby boy who is almost 11.   we share our home with a psychotic cat and a neurotic cat.
i love fresh, clean, simple lines, colours and scents. yellow, blue, green, grey, plum!  mint, eucalyptus, linen, citrus.
i love to  cook  and experiment in the kitchen with flavours and techniques. in the summer i am outside in the garden all the time.
We are in the process of building a new house. I will be having my very own sewing room and would love organizers. Or wall art.
I tend to have skin reactions (not nice ones) to lavender and i am allergic to nuts.
 i do not like pink, fruity sweet smells and strictly decorative object d'art. my profile has more info. and my  pinterest and wist has lots of ideas?  i think so anyway.

I don't knit or crochet but I think the ami angry birds are the best things ever.  Wink

i trust craftsters judgement and ability to make something AWESOME! and i look forward to hooking up another December baby (who probably got the fuzzy end of the lollipop growing up) with something awesome too!

crafts-
http://pinterest.com/sloth003/. You should find some cool ideas in here. More so than my wist anyway.
wist  http://www.wists.com/

surprise me!

Fabric baskets or bowls help for organizing
cloth pads/liners
embroidery hoop art
necklaces- cool pendants, prefer long
homemade soap, bath bombs, lip chap (no vanilla or lavender tho)
hand made note cards/post cards
stencilled t shirt/tank tops (L)  i like the big scissors. or swirly trees or something geeky
handmade stamp (maybe with a sloth? or an anatomical heart? or a book? or a tree?)
comfy jammie pants (Xl) for a pear shaped curvy girl
slippers
mittens (fleecy) (can you tell it got cold this week)
hand warmers...
Cool pilow covers

big wishes- i know.  but a girl can dream right?
big lacy shawl

supplies
fabric.quilting cottons- decent sized scraps (2x2 min) up to fat quarters
embroidery supplies, needles, floss, hoops, aida cloth.
buttons
tape measures
seam rippers
felt
Quilt books
Fusible web for appliqu
Thread
Needles for machine or hand
Zippers

extras-
tea lights, sharpies,nail polish, not big on chocolate, but caramel is good, or salty snacks. NO NUTS!! please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
whatthepuck
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2011 01:32:08 PM »

I'm Michelle. I live in NC with Mr. Bean and Little Bean. I'm not very picky. My favorite color is purple. There aren't any colors I dislike. I'm not a big fan of strong scents. My birthday is Dec. 8.

-I'd love anything you think a 3 year old boy would like.
-Lip balm
-Stackable rings (size 7.5 or bigger)
-Something black cat with angel wings
-Blythe clothes
-Blythe loves Littlest Pet Shop (the little one you get at Target or Walmart.) I like to customize them)
-Muffin pan with measuring spoons charm/pendant
-Anything Despicable Me minion related
-Something Carlina Hurricanes/hockey
-ATCs Thanks ThreadorYarn (I can always use more)
-Ornaments for a Halloween tree
-Fun cookie cutters (Ninjas, puzzle pieces....)
-Recipes for natural cleanser(household or beauty)
-Something VW Bus
-Trash bag for my car that hangs on the back of the seat.
-A Wisty or Pintrest surprise

Supplies
-Memory wire
-Mark Be Gone Pins (can you ever really have too many?)
-Cotton yarn (the kind for making dishcloths)
-Glass/acrylic beads
-Charms

Extras
-Nail art
-Tacky socks
-Gummi candy
-Fake tattoos
-If someone from Canada would like to claim me and send me some Alex Ovechkin Mr. Big bars I (and Little Bean) would love you forever.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2011 09:43:25 AM by michelleandbean » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vintage Etsy ~ Blog

Swaps:
Secret Santa
Little Visitor
Nov ATC 1/0/0
Pixiefirefly
In and out of consiousness

Life can be so random

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011 01:45:46 PM »

Hi ya! I'm another Michelle and I am in Southern California. I am a single nana. The other grandma and I alternate weeks. I will be 40 something on the 19th. I really don't feel that old. I enjoy embroidery, crocheting. trying to get into sewing. I make jewelry and dabble with painting. I also mess around with Fimo clay. I love the colors of thing on those two blogs attic24 and crocheting with raymond. Those brights are so cheery and make ya feel good! Colbalt blue is my favorite color I also love a deep purply merlot. I prefer to wear darker colors in clothes as to make me look thinner! lol

In a shirt I wear a 1xl, my wrists and hands are on the largish side. I wear all the scarves that have been made for me through swaps here and have made some of my own. Last year I was made wrist warmers which I wear almost daily and love. I have a hoopla wall. I would love some simple straight skirts I could wear for work in a size 16 (that may be too large of an item to ask for.) I have a wall of crosses that I have collected for many years. Honestly if someone chooses to make me anything it'll be appreciated.

Here's some themes I like, what you do with them is up to you:
Love Harry Potter - Would be a Gryffendor in that world
World of Warcraft
Dr. Who
Hello Kitty
1940's
England and the Union Jack
Tim Burton
Vintage
A Pinterest Surprise would be cool! The link is in my sig.

Supplies are always good:
Yarn
hand dyed yarn
buttons ( i have started a collection jar. I love the vintage looking ones)
whimsies
fabric
fimo/scupley type clay
embroidery supplies
How to make homemade soap kit (I fell in love with milk/honey/oatmeal scent I found a long time ago but have been unable to find since)
Roving

Is that too broad?

Thanks in advance!
Pixie
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011 10:44:39 AM by Pixiefirefly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ThreadOrYarn

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011 07:07:06 PM »

Hi, My birthday is Dec 22. I'm in Massachusetts US, I do mostly knit, but I also crochet, spin, and used to cross-stitch, embroider and a little bit of tatting. I like the cooler colors (blues, purples, greens) but a little oomph of the red/orange/yellows doesn't hurt either. Nothing holiday themed please - I like being able to use my things all the time, not just a few weeks a year.  

My list is in no particular order, and Ive no preference for knit vs crochet vs sewn vs any other technique as long as it works Smiley  Links & descriptions are examples and inspiration, not definite requirements.

Thank you for crafting for me Smiley

Crafted Stuffs

reusable house stuff like kitchen towels, pinch potholders, double oven mitts, reusable bowl covers, wool dryer balls, dusting mitts aka Swiffer duster refills, cleaning cloths, etc (I have plenty of dishcloths & kitchen scrubbies though.) I do have a swiffer-like sweeper, but I think the measurements are different, pm me if you want me to measure it.

Quilted dishmat (my kitchen is green, white, and light wood)

A shrug to wear under a coat when you need just a little more than coat-sleeves to keep arms  warm Smiley

weighted pincushion & holder to put over the arm of a couch (example)

decorated balls in any medium, any color (about 3-4" (10cm) diameter, baseball-ish size) Examples

altered puzzle

wristwarmers or  fingerless mitts

decorated stars to add to my Jar of Stars thanks Erica-Tattoos! (the jar's not full, so more are welcome Smiley )

hoopla in one of these themes - asian, books, tree of life

tote bag handle organizer

swirl pendant necklace ala PhoenixFireDesign 3rd pic here Thanks C*lientje!

long wrap-around skirt (~45" /112cm waist, 30-33" /75-82cm long)

rubik's cube pincushion

wire and bead tree

a beaded (or not...) wristwatch w/band that's about 5"/12.5cm long with large lobster claw clips on BOTH ends to attach to a medical alert bracelet ( example here

amish puzzle ball

Solid sugar or salt scrubs

dust cover for the top of a spinning wheel (like a sewing machine cover) Wheel measurements are 8x12x13 / 20x30x33cm (to cover the top of a Fricke Single Treadle Wheel not the entire wheel)

Supplies

blocking wires

colored aluminum jumprings or rubber o-rings to use with US size 4 /metric 3.5mm (or smaller) knitting needles

necklace chains in gold, silver, or ribbon in 18-24" lengths (45-60cm) I have lots of charms, and no chains!  Cheesy (some silver chain turn my neck blue, so sterling might be the best bet to avoid turning me into a smurf!  Cheesy)

whimsies - I want to do a decorated mini version of the whimsy house, but I don't have any enough whimsies! (thanks Erica-Tattoos! (I'm still collecting whimsies, so more are welcome Smiley )

Other
Anything inspired by my wists (etsy items are tagged there too on the wists)

Surprise me with something I havent thought of Smiley

Extras
handmade or hand-decorated birthday card for me
'souvenir' bookmarks from where you are
the title ofyour favorite funny book (please not 'funny by being mean/angry/insulting' kind of funny)
Chocolate, plain or with nuts
hot drinks - tea, hot chocolate, coffee
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011 07:39:18 AM by ThreadOrYarn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film History Biography of Ray Harryhausen
Film History Biography of Ron Mann
Film History Biography of Sam Raimi
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 2/2
Pre-Production Paperwork Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...