A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet Another Slouchy Hat  (Read 2431 times)
Tags for this thread: slouchy_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jayashiangel
« on: November 23, 2011 02:25:49 PM »

I whipped this hat up a few weeks ago still new to this style pattern what do you guys think? I do however have a few questions does it look to big around (circle part) and should it be less rows around I have seen some that seem alot smaller then mine it measures at the Circle (side to side at 9 inches) and from top to bottom of the hat measures 11 inches...Thanks for all input :O)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2011 03:12:30 PM »

Although the colour isn't to my taste it looks very even and professionally done, good work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2011 04:42:49 PM »

I love it!! And I love the colors, I think they go great together and are in the perfect places Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jayashiangel
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2011 09:10:08 PM »

Here is a Multicolor Blue/Green/Yellow Slouchy I created today :O)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jayashiangel
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011 09:11:48 PM »

Here is a Multicolor purple one I made a few days ago that I think is WAY too BIG!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011 07:12:43 AM »

Very nice! My hats have a visible seem where I end and begin a new round. Would you mind sharing how you complete each row and begin a new one? Thanks Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jayashiangel
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2011 07:37:00 AM »

I do each row then turn and go the other direction :O) then repeat at the next join this keeps those nasty seams down..I really hate those nasty gaps between the first stitch as well so I always crochet into the same turn stitch as the chain 2 or chain 3 in the beginning...I know people say don't but I find it looks better..:O) I prefer to break the rules :O)

Also if you do hats in spiral style you don't get that funky seam either and they you can just proceed as normal w/ out turning.. just remember to use stitch markers at the beginning of the row I just leave mine in one place that way I know where the beginning is sometimes with single crochet you can't tell... plus this helps me keep track of rows I will do say 5 rows and add a marker even yarn markers work no since in buying them unless you want to the best ones I have found recently are from Yarnology they are thicker then the other brand I already broke all of them weeks ago lol...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011 07:40:54 AM by jayashiangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2011 08:19:20 AM »

Cool! I will try that. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

makayla.p
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011 10:00:06 PM »

I really wish I could figure out how to make one of these. Ive tried to follow a pattern I found but it turned out horrible and I gave up lol. Yours are amazing though Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jayashiangel
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011 06:46:18 PM »

Yes I made one that was big enough to cover my steering wheel so I can understand your view plus when you follow a pattern what works for someone else may not work you...I have encountered this alot..Just don't get discouraged just try try again nothing is perfect not even me :O) and my hats...I recently went to a yarn store where they hat lots of different items for sale and I was able to look at different things I found a beautiful granny square bag made w/ specialty yarn for $40 I couldn't make that yet I am able to make plain boring bags yet w/ nice yarn at maybe $5.00 a ball I maybe able to create a beautiful bag just differently for less :O)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Write Calligraphy
How to Write Calligraphy Letters
How to Do Calligraphy Symbols
How to Paint a Leaf
How to Learn Printmaking Techniques
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...