A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
516 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shop the Swap 57**Discussion Thread**  (Read 24115 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jo_mama
call me jo.

no stone throwing regardless of housing situation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2011 07:38:56 PM »

i could definitely use some fun ovenmitts, and i know my grandma was just saying she could use some new hotpads.  oh, and kiddos sized oven mitts?  lol, i have ideas.

jo

Kiddo sized oven mitts - I would never have thought about that but it's SUCH a good idea! There is nothing better than enjoying coocking with kids!

I'm up for all of those things, I'll pm you Smiley If anyone else is in need, write me! I'd love to get into sewing a bit more again. And other stuff than just fahion clothes Tongue

i just want to clraify that i do not let my children handle oven-hot things, but i do want to be able to let them get into cooking without fear that they will accidently set a finger on a hot pan.  wiley runs around with my giant oven mitts on and he looks like he's got a penguin wing.  i wish they made ove-glove minis!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my pins pinterest.com/josasser
and my websites josasser.com and splendidhandmade.co m
pseudo_pix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #241 on: December 30, 2011 03:05:56 AM »

Kiddo sized oven mitts - I would never have thought about that but it's SUCH a good idea! There is nothing better than enjoying coocking with kids!

I'm up for all of those things, I'll pm you Smiley If anyone else is in need, write me! I'd love to get into sewing a bit more again. And other stuff than just fahion clothes Tongue

i just want to clraify that i do not let my children handle oven-hot things, but i do want to be able to let them get into cooking without fear that they will accidently set a finger on a hot pan.  wiley runs around with my giant oven mitts on and he looks like he's got a penguin wing.  i wish they made ove-glove minis!!!

I would think you did that Smiley But to feel part of the experience it's ok to let the kids have some good stuff, as they will use it when they are old enough!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #242 on: December 30, 2011 06:32:43 AM »

That's a great idea Jo.  Lana had tiny toy oven mitts that she used to play with.  Now that she's older she loves to put on the larger mitts, but they are much too clumsy on her to do anything. 

Off to NY!  Have an awesome day everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
pseudo_pix

It's okay paper tiger

« Reply #243 on: December 30, 2011 06:50:33 AM »

That's a great idea Jo.  Lana had tiny toy oven mitts that she used to play with.  Now that she's older she loves to put on the larger mitts, but they are much too clumsy on her to do anything. 

If I'm already doing one or two pairs of kids-mitts a couple more wouldn't harm. I have some adorable kitten-print fabrics if Lana might be into cute kittens Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Mitten Project is a year of mittens! Each week a new mitten and you get to choose which ones should be knit. In the end three pairs will be given away to you readers.

Facebook page of TMP
raeraethejetplane
Take me out 2 the black Tell them I aint comin back

RIP Blue kitty Jan. 1994 - April 2010

« Reply #244 on: December 30, 2011 05:47:07 PM »

I wont be seeing you all until the new year. Have a wonderful NYE and stay safe!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kayrun
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2011 06:16:27 PM »

i could definitely use some fun ovenmitts, and i know my grandma was just saying she could use some new hotpads.  oh, and kiddos sized oven mitts?  lol, i have ideas.

jo

I think they would be fun for using at playtime with a play kitchen as well!
cute idea~
THIS ROCKS   Logged
underthemountain
Tutorial Contributor

This Shall Be For Music

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2011 06:43:50 PM »

Thanks for the offer Pseudo, but that's ok.  I really don't want Lana using the oven.  I caught her frying meat that I left on the stove the other day and I kinda want to stop her from getting too bold in the kitchen. 

We're her in NY having fun.  My niece is totally adorable and she loves us!  Lana is in heaven and so am I!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi! I'm looking for a spinner to transform my awesome fiber into yarn for me....have some fantastic jewelry and commercially purchased fiber for trade. my etsy
Live aloha
Sansa

Please reinstall universe and reboot

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2011 09:33:43 PM »

Sneak peek at the Saroyan. I gave up looking for my camera and borrowed my daughters.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

A2K

arf arf!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #248 on: December 31, 2011 06:16:05 AM »

Kids are gone and the house has taken on it's normal quiet.   Cry  I miss them already! 

Prewashed and ironed fabric for Sarahj's curtains this morning and I'm working on some small cotton kitchen towels for my shop.  The edges are roll hemmed with my serger!  Cheesy  Will add decorative applique or trim.  Any requests?  These could also be napkins with a bit of snipping and serging. 

I plan to go through my fabric stash today and really work on getting rid of some things.  This room is getting a total cleaning for the new year!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

ptarmic wumpus

You are in room 2

« Reply #249 on: December 31, 2011 06:20:51 AM »

Sansa, that is lovely!

Well, I'm not getting much in the way of anything done for my shop this week....fixing up the vintage sewing machine is taking way longer than I planned.  Plus scouring my new fleeces and a dire need to get cracking on some re-enactment garments before the season starts (in less than three months!). Hmmm.

Just ordered some dye books and an exciting fiber book using an amazon gift card... yay books!

nilmerg, are you still looking for fiber bits?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 29 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Hair with Wax
How to Use a Hair Diffuser
How to Fishtail Braid
How to Put Your Hair in a Bun
How to Put Your Hair in a Messy Bun
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...