A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
587 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stocking Stuffer ideas  (Read 1496 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ThePQ4
« on: November 30, 2011 12:06:14 PM »

So, my family decided to pick names for Christmas gifts, so we're all getting one "big" present, and then for everyone else we're supposed to do "stocking stuffers"...

I have no idea what to make anyone.

I've did felt soap and kleenex cozies last year, as well as macrame bracelets the year before. I have minimal sewing skill, and am pretty decent at embroidery and can try just about anything...

What is everyone else doing for their stocking stuffers this year?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommasfrogging
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011 06:51:57 PM »

I am doing gift "totes" instead of a basket or stocking.   I fill them with baked breads, cookies, candies, chocolates, hot cocoa tubes w/ mug, crayons, colorbooks...depend s on who it is for.   

The colorbooks I make by scouring free online sites for coloring pages and then print, and put into one of those "report" folders ( the ones with the clear cover and slide on clip thing on the end).

The hot cocoa tubes I make by getting the very stiff clear cellophane wrappers, rolling them into a cone ( I use a marshmellow at the tip as a cork), filling first with a measured amount for one good cup of cocoa, then a layer of crushed/chopped candy cane and finished with marshmellows.   I tie the top closed with a twisty tie and cover that with a festive ribbon.   I put 3- 5 tubes with 1-2 mugs.   I also add a mug rug that I sew (very easy to make).

I make holiday breads ( pumpkin and banana with mint chocolate chips or add colored cherries), let them cool completely and then wrap in holiday colored saran wrap.   I then add kitchen items... pot holder, apron, kitchen towels, bread towel...some of them I make and others I buy.

I also am a big fan of doing "gifts-in-a-jar" and adding things like cookie cutters, rubber spatulas, wooden spoons, whisks, apron, pot holder, etc...

Not sure if any of these will help you but maybe it might give you some inspiration!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Momof2!
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011 07:21:28 PM »

I am going to do some "emergency clutches" out of potholders. I'm going to make candy and cookies, I thought about some little mug cozies. I can't crochet (yet) but maybe quilted? Thinking about some cinnamon ornaments to hang on the packages. What else, hmmm, reusable sandwich bags, or just some kind of simple lunch bags.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I need peg people for my daughter. Personal swap anyone?
MollyGirl
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011 08:18:00 AM »

I don't have any suggestions to add but I am really interested in the replies!  I am in the same boat as the OP. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.
Jack London

View my wists http://www.wists.com/mollygirl
ThePQ4
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011 08:57:19 AM »

I decided to (hopefully) decorate some lotion bottles for the women in the family; I bought a huge bottle of coco butter lotion (that I will never use all of!) for like 1.50 at Walmart a few weeks ago, so it will be easy to portion out into smaller bottles.

I like the hot chocolate cone idea. Maybe finding some cheap frosting liners would work well?? And it would help me use up the candy canes I am always buying this time of year and never eating, LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mommasfrogging
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011 09:55:50 AM »

Sounds like you have a plan!    Cheesy   As for the frosting liners... never tried those but I don't see why they wouldn't work.   I used wax paper in 2 layers one year.   The outside layer was colored and cutout in a snowflake by the kiddos.   That worked very well too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mrs Shak
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2011 10:01:00 AM »

Do you have pictures of everyone? Get some clear hand sanitizer bottles and take the labels off, cut out their pic and adhere to the back of the bottle.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Funny, I don't remember being absentminded...

I need a skein (two would be great) of Knit Picks Gloss Bare sock weight to finish a shawl.

My Pinterest
courtneyf
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012 01:24:15 PM »

Scarfs are usually my go to stuffing stocker. Usually easy to knit or crochet up and perfect for putting in a stocking. Or if candles or soaps are easy to make for you, then those would be good too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyOldLady
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012 07:17:46 AM »

Stocking Stuffers, wow, that is the one thing I always worry about forgetting!!!

brainstormed some ideas:

ipod/cell phone covers (bought or handmade)
small games (does anyone remember Chinese Jacks?)
favorite soaps/shampoos etc
FOOD (I love food!)
bucket buddies (lots of plans for those! Make them to fit a standard large coffee can)
little journals/pens/or pen-pal supplies/stamps (lost art I know)
macrame plant hangers

I guess it all depends on who it is for and their age! Hope this helps Smiley I know the other suggestions helped me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lisa Lampanelli Talks About Her Audiobook Chocolate, Please
Life with Author Annie Leonard
Meet Spiritual Guru Michael Beckwith
NFL Coach Brian Billick On More Than a Game
Author Geneen Roth Discusses Her New Book Women, Food, and God
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...