A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 305,732
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Secret Santa Swap Party Round 3 Gift Opening Party December 18  (Read 10353 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guacaMolly
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2011 07:00:23 PM »

Great stuff, ladies!!

I love the fabric on that messenger bag.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

mandykaye
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2011 01:16:36 PM »

ok..I am still having some technical difficulties but I hope I can get this posted! I tried once but it didn't go through  Tongue

SO here is my wonderful lot from amazing_784! She went way above and beyond and I got totally spoiled!

Here is the unwrapped packages!

The whole loot! Love the fabric she used for the apron, needlebook and pincushion! LOVE the scoodie and Bella mittens! SO AWESOME! And the cookie cutters are really cute!!

And here is an action shot of the scoodie, mittens and apron! LOL!

Thank you so much Abby! I love it all!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lidehtium
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2011 01:35:56 PM »

Oh guys, I forgot, there was one other thing in my swap package! This little frame with a zombie, thinkin about brains Tongue. And the page is in french, which is neat. What book is it from??

Those mittens are fab, btw.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2011 01:47:28 PM »

Hi everyone! Better late than never. I definitely opened my gifts on Sunday, but I've been laid low by a cold (literally - I haven't done much else than lay around for the last 2 days), so hadn't gotten up to the whole "taking pictures and posting" part of things.

Here are my wonderful items from my Secret Santa, jezebel_1982 (I guessed it may be her when I saw where the package came from . . . but I wasn't sure until I opened the card!).

First of all, the biggest item (set), a slouchy beret-ish hat, and an infinity scarf! (Much more teal-y than the picture looks).

*Sorry, no action shots. I've been home sick for 2 days, and well. . . are looking far from my best. . .*

Next, some purchased items: a cup and pretty flowering tea - sounds tasty, with the peach flavour in there, and some batty Christmas ornaments! Are these bats made of records, or something along those lines? Also, funny story: I actually have 3 other mugs just like this, in all different colours, but I don't have this colour yet (I do know where you got it Wink).

Then, there's this "diamond" earring and necklace set. Delightful! This was inspired by something on my pinboards, and it's great. I'm totally into blatantly fake diamonds. Cheesy

Next up, a lightning headband - also pinboard inspired.

Okay, there wasn't a note with this guy, but I'm thinking it's kind of a crafting mat? The other side is a towel-ish material. Am I correct, jezebel?

And finally (what, you thought I was done? Nope!) the "packaging material" which is really like extra presents itself! The left material is a good size chunk of skully fabric, and the piece of the right is a really neat box made out of a jug and vintage bias tape. It's hard to see it now (since it's all undone), but it looks so pretty when it's all tied up! I may use it for a Christmas gift this year. Smiley

Thanks Jezebel_1982! It was a lovely package, and I could tell you did your research.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2011 02:18:08 PM »

Great haul everybody!

Calixita, I'm glad you liked the package from me. Smiley One item I really love is that black beaded necklace you made for lidehtium. Gorgeous!

A few of the other things in the gallery that I would steal:
- the mustard-tones cuff & the bullet necklace from MandyKaye (who would have thoguht a bullet could be so pretty? I love the contrast)
- the 6-soap package looks really pretty (especially with that headband!)
- red Bella mitts. Love these. I'm not a Twilight fan myself, but I love the mitts! (though I don't really need to steal them since I have a modified version in dusty rose that another Craftster member made for me. Smiley)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calixita

thought I heard a saxophone; I'm drunk on the moon

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2011 02:57:00 PM »

Oh guys, I forgot, there was one other thing in my swap package! This little frame with a zombie, thinkin about brains Tongue. And the page is in french, which is neat. What book is it from??

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/209941_20Dec11_DSCN7183.JPG

The book is a "damaged beyond repair" edition of L'Argent by Emile Zola.  Wikisource helped me find the word for brains!  And I had lots of fun beating up a cheap frame with a hammer and some black paint to give it that "lived thru an apocalypse" look.  ;-)

I love all the soaps and lovely scarves and gloves that people are receiving!!!  Those bat ornaments are adorable!!

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 03:14:15 PM by alteredmommy - Reason: Please remove the img tags when quoting pictures :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2011 04:30:50 PM »

psyche - so glad you liked everything Smiley
The bats, diamonds & lightning bolt on the headband are all made from shrinky dinks!  I couldn't think of anything better to make out of black shrinky dinks than bats lol

Yeah, the mug is a dead giveaway, but I LOVE that store! Tongue
The mat actually goes with the mug & tea - it's for drinking tea & writing. I was trying some free-hand quilting for the first time. It didn't go as well as planned, so I only did the edges...I had planned on making a circle for the mug & some lines for a writing area Sad

The gift box was made by my bff & myself one night when we were trying to find as many ways to use things that her family throws away as possible. Found a tut on pinterest & ran with it lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2011 04:31:50 PM »

also should note that my secret santa, the wonderful sloth003 spoiled us rotten!
I have taken pics, but haven't gotten around to resizing them so I can upload them.

We had a pillow fight as soon as they were opened!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sloth003

i still have all my marbles.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2011 05:30:09 PM »

whew... i was starting to get a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Seeking scraps! I'm in need of a variety of white on white scraps. (2.5inch square minimum) for pixel quilts. Have any? Swap for? PM me! Smiley

Stupid men are often capable of things the clever would not dare to contemplate- Terry Pratchett
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #69 on: December 20, 2011 05:57:33 PM »

Whew!
I finally got it all done! First, some pics of the packages, which I wanted to post before, but never got a chance to...

I LOVED the themed tags Smiley

AAAAAnd, opening all the awesomeness!
First, DS with his present:

Also, his first name starts with "S" which makes Superman just that much cooler to him! It went right on his bed lol

Then hubby opening his:

He was pretty happy to have a wolf pillow to go with his wolf blanket & pictures & knife &...you get the idea.

I also got a pillow - rainbow tree? OMG! I want mine in the living room! lol

A couple of hoops for my developing wall (first ones, really...)
I'm a Big Bang fan, and DS LOVES "Soft Kitty" too. He makes me sing it every night (and is like Sheldon in more ways than I care to admit)

Slothy also sent me a great little kit to get me started on embroidery, which is something that I just have never been able to sit and make myself do!

AAAAAND!! Chocolate! What Christmas would be complete without it? We had a piece or two tonight already...

BIG EYES! (he thought they were all for him lol)

Thank you so much for all the amazing gifts, Slothy! My men were very happy to be included in my swapping, and I think my hubby might be more ok with it if HE got gifts all the time lol
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011 06:05:40 PM by jezebel_1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ways To Lighten Your Foundation
The Ultimate Smudge Proof Eyeliner
Lauren Conrad Joins Us for a Quick Beauty Gossip
How To Get A Defined Nude Lip
How To Make Lipstick Last All Day
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Sherlock Matchbox
@Home This Weekend: Bottlecap Magnets
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...