A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,125
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Busy, busy, busy! (several pics :s)  (Read 1046 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LiritKiraly
« on: November 28, 2011 05:43:50 PM »

I've not been here for a little while, but I've made a ton of stuff! Some I'm pleased with, some OK and some not worthy of posting but it seems like I havent put my hooks down in ages! I wanted to share some of my recent things with you and dont want to flood craftster with however many posts, so I'm gonna stick them all in this post Smiley

Poppies, the pattern isn't mine but I love them none the less! (original pattern: http://kittyboocrochet.wordpress.com/2008/06/01/poppy-brooch/)

Egg Cozys! I made some frog egg cozys with bulging googly eyes, my girls saw them and decided they wanted some of their own, and this was the result..

Simple ribbed scarf for my nephew:

My eldest wanted juggling balls, so I made these up for her. I stuffed some wadding in the middle that I dropped violet fragrance onto, so as she tosses them about the beads should make the smell waft out!

Tweety. No pattern, I just guessed... and the yarn isnt great(it changes thickness alot) but I'm pleased with it, and I wrote down the pattern, so hopefully with a couple tweaks I can get him just right another time!

A simple flower pin that I made to go on a pair of wrist warmers I'd made for my niece:

Earrings, made with embroidery silks. The discs hang quite low, but there were comfy to wear!

Cherry Earrings for my daughter:

Strawberry pendant for another daughter. She wants earrings, but I dont have any gold posts at the moment, so she settled for this!

Puddle of stockings. I love these, I think they are sooo cute... and so do other people seemingly, as this set are now half the country away in a new home!

And lastly, my set of stockings. I love the darker red and the more classic feel about these. I'll proudly hang them on the tree in a couple weeks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
Antidigger
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011 01:18:01 AM »

Yes you have been busy. All those wee little stockings are sooo sweet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look twice, buy once. Nooooo
Look twice, decide I can make one instead.
jayashiangel
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011 09:33:08 AM »

Yes very busy great job..:O)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Tinkerbell1204
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011 10:58:12 AM »

I love the stocking. Did you use a pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LiritKiraly
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011 07:49:36 PM »

Erm, sort of... I was hunting about on line for a while but didn't find patterns that I like in their entirety's so I sorta winged it... The pattern I settled with was :

3.5mm hook
Magic Ring with 3ch and 10 SC (10stitches)
inc, 4SC, inc, 4SC (12 stitches)
SC in each st for 4 rounds (12 stitches)
6SC, 6ch (i used a hook 3sizes up just for the chain, as I stitch pretty tight, and this needs to be loose, else i discovered it makes the heel look odd)
SC in each stitch for 7 rounds (12 stitches)

(change to white and next size up hook: I used a 4mm hook here, to make the white bit big enough to fold back over the stockings)
3 rounds of SC in each stitch (12 stitches)

then for the heel I started (SS) mid row of the gap, * using SC again I stitched to one stitch before the end of the row and the decreased, the SC along the other side of the heel opening and decreased at the other 'corner' and finished round * twice.

Then I just stitched the gap shut with the tail of the heel yarn...

I think thats pretty much it, Hope that makes some sort of sense Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

♪♫♪ We never are what we intend or invent ♫♪
susie in the sky
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011 04:59:44 AM »

I love the earrings and the strawberry pendant! And the little stockings are sooo cute..thanks for sharing your pattern Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty, eco-y, charity shopp-y, vegan-y, happy-y blog...

http://secondhandsusie.blogspot.co.uk/
Tinkerbell1204
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011 08:38:52 AM »

It helps a lot. I have been thinking about making stockings for my husband and I this year but couldn't find a pattern this is great!!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Tie a Slip Knot for Knitting
How to Make a Molded Candle
How to Arrange Flowers in a Wide Shallow Vase
How to Make a Votive Candle
How to Hold a Guitar Pick
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...