A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,568
Currently Running With Scissors:
517 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Assassins Creed? Hells Yeah!  (Read 1672 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jexxican
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: November 29, 2011 11:40:05 AM »

The short story of how this came to be:
My partner in the Video Game Swap this summer dropped after telling me I am a horrible mother (because I stay at home) and my crafts suck so she wouldn't want to swap with me anyway.
But I had already planned this hoop! So I made it for my husband instead. He would appreciate it more than her snotty 12 year old anyway.
Wanted to follow along with the swap and have it done before the SO just because and surprise him with it but then my kids showed him the WIP and that killed it for me so I dropped it for a while but decided I really need to clean out my WIP bucket so I finished it in time for Cmas. Would have been cooler if I had it in time for the release of the new game a couple weeks ago but what's a girl to do? Cmas works just fine around here.

100% French knots, which is funny because in the second game with Ezio (so the 3rd game all together) the French are some of the bad guys.

Close up! I would generally have stitched something on the felt I glued on the back but since I included this J <3 G I decided to just leave the felt on the back alone. It will hang more evenly from my experience.

What do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

A clean house is a sign of a wasted life.

It's much more fun, this growing down. -RIP Uncle Shelby-
margiej
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011 12:41:48 PM »

I think this is terriffic!  I cannot imagine doing that many French knots!!!  It took a lot of time and patience for sure.

and you're right the partner nor her daughter would have been worthy of it! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too bad I don't hear voices, I would enjoy the company
WWW.PINTEREST.COM/MARGARETCJOY
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011 12:56:22 PM »

Um, wow! This is amazing and incredibly intricate to plan for a swap partner! Anyone who wouldn't love this is simply not all there upstairs. PS I've seen your crafts and they definitely don't suck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

PeachieClean
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011 02:49:54 PM »

First off, that is awesome.  If I had the patience for embroidery of any kind, I'd have to make one, but I do not.  I don't even have the patience to draft patterns when I sew... I just kind of, hold things against me and mark stuff with pins. xD

One thing I don't get... How is staying at home being a bad Mom?  My mom was always being criticized for working all the time.  While, she did tend to work a lot (10 hour days and no weekends a lot of the time, but she was the manager so she felt it was her responsibility) she didn't completely ignore us kids.  We all learned how to cook 'cause she'd get home and we'd all go cook together. =]  Off of my tangent, I don't understand people at all.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My boyfriend is holding a Pokemon themed contest.  Interested?  http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.359328020778498.82645.352681428109824&type=1
bunny1kenobi
Ruler of the Roost, Protector of the Progeny, Conqueror of Comestibles, Chieftain of Chores, Consort Extraordinaire, and Crafty to Boot!

Best of 2013 Winner! I like my avatar, tho....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2011 05:40:00 PM »

love this hoopla!  a lot of work, all those french knots, but an interesting twist on filling a space (no pun intended).  I really like this. 

Your swap partner didn't deserve you.  I'm amazed that anyone would be so incredibly rude!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2011 07:12:32 PM »

You guys are all so sweet. Thank you very much. I love French knots! I don't know why everyone hates them so much. Yeah, using them as a fill takes forever but for accents they are super easy and add so much punch. As a fill they have so much texture and depth! My husband loves them too which is good because, you know, Christmas...

As for the partner thing, you guys are sweet there too. I don't want to drag up the past but I will say I almost quit Cster because of her, or at least swapping, but then I decided I'm better than that and it actually encouraged me to post more of my projects, like this one! So it's not all bad, eh?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The perplexity of life arises from there being too many interesting things in it for us to be interested properly in any of them."
- G. K. Chesterton

kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2011 02:20:15 PM »

That is just amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011 07:06:13 PM »

This looks great. I just got the hang of making french knots, so I really want to try doing something like this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Sandroo

Mine is an evil laugh!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011 02:50:48 PM »

I can't imagine the time and patience it would take to do something that size with only french knots.  Wow, Jexxican.  It's beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2011 12:27:28 PM »

Thanks everyone!

Amalgam, you totally should try it! French knots are one of my favorite fills. And after you do it, post it so I can see it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

amalgam
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011 09:41:40 AM »

I'll totally make sure to put it up when I do it jexxican. I just have to think of a cool shape that want to fill.Tongue Hmmm.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
vampedangel14

Easily craftstracted!

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011 11:33:06 AM »

I love AC so this is especially awesome to me. At first I thought it was done in punch needle but then saw it was french knots. I've only done a small amount of embroidery so far, but I also like making french knots. Great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

stitchzBstitchz

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011 03:54:46 PM »

This is completely aweomse! I love this and i know my bf would love it if i made him one. but that's not going to happen so oh well. haha... you did a fabulous job.

and as for your swap partner... their loss. I say never let anything negative like that get to you and put a damper on your love for crafting and sharing. there are people out there who will appreciate all your work!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may the craft be with you

www.pinterest.com/stitchzbstitchz
magadoo

I'm a robot in disguise

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2011 07:17:34 AM »

Excellent work!  I love the Assassin's Creed series and the fact that you made a hoop is amazing.  And I totally agree with stitchzBstitchz- it's your swap partner's loss!  Keep on keepin' on!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

jexxican

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011 07:16:16 AM »

You guys really make me want to send said ex-swap-partner a message saying "HAHA Everyone else loves me" but I won't because I am way better than that. It is tempting, though.

StitchzBstitchz, Thank you for your comments of my projects. I feel like a rock star when someone says they were stalking me just for the hell of it. Not that it's ever happened before but thanks! Welcome to Craftster.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011 07:16:45 AM by jexxican » THIS ROCKS   Logged

- G. K. Chesterton

dreadfullydivine

Raising the next generation of evil warlords

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011 09:57:09 AM »

This rocks and honestly I can't imagine a swap partner being so rude!  You and your awesome crafts are much better than her and she doesn't deserve them. ^_~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will do personal swaps.. ^_^
Whedonverse Swap Round 8: Questionaire sent!

50 Crafts in 2012~ 9/50+
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=395702.msg4714204#msg4714204
evilkitten25
♥ Game 'n' Craft ♥

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2011 07:12:28 AM »

At first glance it looks like loops in a rug [not bad thing! I'm saying it's cool, lol].  For some reason it's mesmorizing...hm.. anyways.

It's verrrrry awesome video game nerdiness [ Grin ] and very good french knots.

Never would have thought to use french knots like this.

I also can't believe a swap partner [let alone another person] could be so rude... .. Then again... It went to someone more deserving and would appreciate it more than a little brat so  Tongue to her and  Cheesy to you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stitchzBstitchz

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2012 10:24:32 AM »

you're welcome  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

may the craft be with you

www.pinterest.com/stitchzbstitchz
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Paul McIlhenny, Tabasco CEO Dies at 68
2013 Relish Cooking Show Promo
Fresh Green Bean Recipes
Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese Recipe
Shrimp and Grits Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...