A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,496
Currently Running With Scissors:
559 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tweet Li'l Birdie Gallery  (Read 8045 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

youlittlerabbit
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2005 02:11:37 PM »

oooooooooooo, i so excited to see what will come to my mailbox!! and i can't wait to see if grasshopper likes my creations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Le Cirage

A bas le cirage!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2005 03:14:17 PM »

Alright here we go! Like I said, I'm at work so I might forget to mention something...please speak up if I do.
A group shot

The rolled up stationary relays the story of Mr. Penguin (name optional) who is hand knit.  I think he's great and my dog does too...which means I'll have to watch her extra close or I'll be vacuuming Mr. Penguin bits from the carpet (don't worry, he's safe).

Detail of the bracelet and hairclips...which I love and wore to work today.

Magnets made from Scrabble pieces,  a book mark, and an Audubon birding journal with a personalized dcoupage cover.

Everything was very nicely wrapped..it was just like Christmas Wink Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TabaRhodes
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2005 03:54:00 PM »

that is all sooo adorable!! especially mr penguin! i really love the detailing around his eye!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Bobolink
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Note the knitting pirate chalk bag!

I hate it when rocks eat my head

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2005 04:46:52 PM »

Yay, I'm so glad you liked everything!
Mr Penguin was my favorite he was very hard to part with. He looks like he might have got squished in transport- I don't remember him being that wonky. He can probably be squished back into shape- stuffing is pretty forgiving.
The journal is a bird journal with quotes about birds at the top of the pages and interspersed with bird songs and migration maps. I ordered it off ebay without pictures so was really relieved when it was perfect for what I wanted- which was to be able to use a scissortail picture for you.
I'm so glad the bracelet works to wear, it was my first time making anything like that. I think I taped the names of the birds to the box, let me know if I forgot to include that. Also I made the magnets so they could either say "songbird" or "birdsong".. I know, I'm a dork.
Here are a couple more photos cause... as mentioned above... I'm a dork.

Mr. Penguin looks a little less squished here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/Bobolink
Sorry I've been absent! Can't wait to chill with you all again Smiley
Anyone want to swap alphabet ATCs?
swalsh
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2005 08:01:07 PM »

Here's the felt Johnny Damon (centerfielder for the Red Sox, of course) flamingo that Lucy Van Pelt sent me! It's only appropriate that he be reincarnated as a flamingo since the Sox hold their spring training in Florida. He watched the game with me today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2005 08:13:59 PM »

Here are pics of the stuff I sent to 706designs

everything
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/19125birdy.jpg

and close up of the pin and wristband
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/19125birdy_2.jpg

kat i LOVE your stuffed bird! in fact, i love everything!
i wish i had signed up for this swap so bad... everyone's things are fantastic!!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011 05:53:54 PM by loves2experiment - Reason: Removed image tags » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
kat_penguino

I'm a noble rabbit

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2005 04:27:36 PM »

I received a great package from 706 designs today. She sent me a knitted purse with a bird closure, earrings with feather charms on them, penguin charm and some beads, dove button and some little wooden birds. Thank you so much! I'll have to wait to post pictures, it's dark and rainy out today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2005 03:27:28 PM »

I  got my stuff from swalsh (sarah) the other day - an adorable and perfect flamingo drawstring bag, a pair of awesome white tennis socks, one with a flamingo on, and the other, a palm tree (which are blowing in the wind outside my window right now b/c of Dennis), and a refrigerator message magnetized board, on which you can write notes on one side and the other side has cork - along with a smattering of flamingo fabric pushpins (my camera is flaked, sorry for the no-pics)...THANK YOU Sarah, it's all great!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ithnkuno
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2005 08:05:41 AM »

I recieved an awesome package from Goldfinch yesterday. I can't take pictures until I get a new camera as mine was stolen, but here is what I got; beautiful earrings that I wore immediately, 4 really great bird coasters with a different bird on each and their latin names, hand made, painted and covered in resin, (I love that, I need to do some of my own experimenting with resin) some beautiful bird fabric(the owls are awsome) a coloring book for me and my little man (I think it may become embroidery patterns!) and an amazing purse made of dark denim, a satiny brown lining and a gorgeous floral and bird fabric with flowers, and  a dusty blue background. I love it all!!! THank you goldfinch!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.monkeyandme.etsy.com
http://www.myspace.com/ithnkuno
"every child is born an artist, the challenge is how to remain an artist when they grow up." picasso
goldfinch
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2005 11:09:23 AM »

Here are some (really bad) pictures I took of the stuff I sent to Ithnkuno, since *sniff, tear* her camera was stolen.

earring close-up

Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011 07:08:07 PM by loves2experiment - Reason: Fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Halloween Mermaid Makeup Tutorial
Evenlyn Lozada Talks Beauty Trends
Wear Marchesa On Your Nails
Tips On How To Hide Puffy Eyes
Dating Advice from Tyler Blackburn
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...