A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,610
Currently Running With Scissors:
603 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fabric Jewelry Swap GALLERY! Send by 12/15  (Read 16685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyMamaBee
Dreaming Bigger than my Ability!

I'm A Craftster Best of 2013 Winner!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2011 09:28:59 AM »

I really liked both packages!

I must admit that those roses are so cool. Where did you find the tutorial for making them? I would love to know.... What a wonderful package!

And Susanab's sent package was wonderful too! I really liked that hair bands. I could see myself making them to put in my daughters hair to match outfits!

Wonderful work ladies! I am loving all the beautiful work I have seen even from your previous swaps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafty Blog!

Shop My Esty Shop! Check it out!

Swaps:
Spirit/Intention Doll Swap: Sent!
Twinches Needlework Swap: At the drawing table...
louw
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2011 09:46:48 AM »

Such a beautiful set of jewelry from wendiek!  The necklace is stunning!  I bet it will look beautiful on you, louw.  The earrings and pin are such a nice bonus.

Wendie, how are the roses on the necklace held together?

yep , sure I will shine with pride  Grin
I too love the hat susanab sent to mintdawn

CraftyMamabee , here's the tutorial : http://www.patternrunway.com/2011/05/project-rosette-bib-necklace.html
and here's another one : http://mysparkle.blogspot.com/2010/02/how-to-rolled-flowers.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Leslieshappyheart
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

A happy heart makes the face cheerful! Pr 15:13

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2011 12:14:26 PM »

Love the package from susanab! The embroidery on the sugar skull pin is really great (how convenient that mint dawn had just the hat to add it to!) I love the big flower on the cuff, and the hair scrunchies are awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My crafty blog: Leslie's Art and Sew

My dolly blog: Blythe Happy
Sharalee
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

www.wists.com/SharaLee http://pinterest.com/sharalee3/pins/?filter=likes

Retired Hairstylist/Crafter

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2011 05:16:41 PM »

Well I Just sent my package to "onegroovyday" She should get next it next Friday, Just before Christmas. Wink

I love the flower necklace it's so pretty & the earings & brooch!!! Great job!! "Wendiek" Cheesy

"susanab" You did a great job on the sugar skull, wrist cuff so cute & the scrunchies & the extras & the hat very cool!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.craftysisters-sharalee.blogspot.com

"Yet Another TM Patch Swap" RD 2/
"Craft My Pet for Me Swap"/Partner/
"Fabric Art Journal RD 3 Swap"/Partners/
"Make Purse & Wallet Swap/

Will do personal swaps!! I make Art Dolls/Junker Jane Dolls/also Teesha Moore Patches/Felt Badges
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2011 06:03:06 PM »

susanab - great package you sent your partner - I really really like the sugar skull brooch, and the cuff bracelet with the flower is so pretty - susan do you have a closer-up picture you can post of the cuff?  I want the details, man!   Cheesy 

Nice swap packages throughout this gallery - everyone is doing such nice work - I wouldn't have thought of crafting fabric jewelry before this swap!!   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
CraftyMamaBee

« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2011 08:40:12 PM »

Yeah! My partner received her package! I know she's busy and can't wait to hear what she thinks.... I really hope she likes it all... Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps:
fiddlegirl8
Sew, Sew Happy!!

Are you going to throw that away?! Can I have it?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2011 08:58:20 AM »

I received my swap package from my partner, CraftyMamaBee last evening.  My son had just arrived also, so he watched while I opened!  He was amused at my excitement in receiving - he does think it is pretty neat that I have all these swaps on Craftster, though!  

Get ready for a picture overload - CraftyMamaBee lived up to her name - she sent me a lot of her craftiness in jewelry I like and will wear!

First, this the box with the contents when I first opened it - that's a green piece of fabric with my screenname embroidered on it - AWESOME - I think I will use this on a Journal Cover!  It's in one of my favorite colors - Green!

Next, the box contents - all pretty presents wrapped with red and GREEN Christmas BIRD paper - I also love birds - CraftyMamaBee went out of her way to craft from my preferences!  Each of the little presents had a snowflake or a cutout bird which instructed me which package to open first, second, etc.  SO SWEET!  I love directions!

Next - This is a fabric knotted necklace with a little green felt circle - what's that circle for, you ask?  It's for attaching each of the three felt brooches she also made!  
Or the necklace can be worn without any of the brooches - so versatile -

Here are photos of the three brooches individually, and all three are three of my favorite things - gnomes, trees, mushrooms (woodland themes) - so intricate all of them, each has embroidery and CraftyMamaBee is new at embroidery - so she says - her work is intricate and beautiful:

Here's the necklace with the Gnome brooch, instead of blue, the Gnome is wearing green (one of my favorite colors - boy, CMB stalked me like crazy!) and his little belt has a tiny green button for the buckle - this is just so sweet, I love it-

And that's not all, next is an extra she made me - a Mad Men embroidered bracelet  and it fits perfectly - my son was REALLY impressed with this - me too!

One more extra - wow - she packed this box full!  Christmas fat Quarters, and I love fat quarters - I really like both these fabrics and will find a Christmasy something to use them on!

And a picture of everything, including a box of "Trader Joe's Candy Cane Coal" - yum - it's described on the box as "Lumps of crunchy, minty, chocolate delight!"  I've never had this and it is distributed and sold exclusively by Trader Joe's, Monrovia, California - CraftyMamaBee also had Trader Joe stickers decoracting the outside of my package -

Thank you CraftyMamaBee - you are so generous and you crafted me the very things I love - thank you so much - I am excited for Monday - I will be wearing at least one of my treasured jewelry pieces to work, probably a brooch and the bracelet!  Keep doing the embroidery work too - you are already very good at it!!  I would not even guess you were a beginner!!!  Thank you Thank You!!   Cheesy  
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011 08:59:01 AM by fiddlegirl8 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...  (Kansas State Song)
hgddm

What a piece of work is man!

« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2011 10:21:51 AM »

Ooh, Ive gotta look for that coal candy at my TJ's. The gnome is so adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyMamaBee

« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2011 10:26:30 AM »

Ah fiddlegirl8 your are so very welcome! I was really trying to make it items you would actually wear! I am so happy I succeeded! The embroidery I just decided that if I want to do it I need to go all in! So I ordered a couple of books, bought WAY too much floss and just tried it!

The madmen bracelet was the hardest thing yet.... My satin stitch needs a little work but I was very pleased with it and so was my husband! The candy cane coal is super tasty! I am always waiting for it every year from Trader Joe's (a smaller grocery store with more organic items and almost all items are their store brand.) It's pieces of broken candy cane all dipped in milk chocolate! Yummy!

I can't WAIT for Monday now! Only 2 days away!!!!

You were a pleasure to stalk and craft for! I had to re pin a couple of your ideas!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps:
CraftyMamaBee

« Reply #69 on: December 17, 2011 10:31:51 AM »

Ooh, Ive gotta look for that coal candy at my TJ's. The gnome is so adorable!

The gnome design I actually got from an embroidery book called Doodle Stitching, The Motif Collection... It was meant for embroidery and I just altered it a little to become the brook that it did! I highly recommend this book if you ever need embroidered inspirations!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Swaps:
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Lizzie King Shows You How to Tie-Dye a Shirt
Young Artists Brighten Up New Orleans
NY Artist Martin Abrahams "Breaks on Through" With His Provacative Art Show
WIND SQUID #3 - Space Battle!
WIND SQUID #4 - Massive Explosion
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...