A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
689 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: IYP19 Gallery  (Read 20534 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

It's a long story.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2011 11:49:05 AM »

As promised here are pictures of what StickerChic sent me:

Adorable cards (the snowman one is her note to me but I am totally stealing the front and reusing it. It's too cute!) and magnets. Sticker is so talented at papercrafting. The flower card at the front of the row is simply stunning. So elegant. The colors don't show well here. Crummy winter light.

A lovely zipper pouch (so handy), a flamingo composition book cover with composition book (I love flamingos!) and mittens with holly (I love holly!). The zipper pouch is much brighter than in the picture, the mittens are a rich purple and the flamingo background is dark brown. Sorry about that.

Check out this pillow! How awesome is this? Here the colors are much truer to life. Holy wow, Sticker, this must have taken forever to stuff. Funny side story: When I was opening the box all this goodness came in the pillow started reflating. I couldn't see what is was and I started fearing an animal had somehow gotten into the box. The pillow was a much nicer surprise. Way nicer  Grin It's so cool!

Thank you Sticker!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

StickerChic87
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2011 12:29:20 PM »

Funny side story: When I was opening the box all this goodness came in the pillow started reflating. I couldn't see what is was and I started fearing an animal had somehow gotten into the box. The pillow was a much nicer surprise. Way nicer  Grin It's so cool!

Still cracking me up!! Cheesy

And if anyone remembers the "_____ with a _______" from earlier in this thread, it was the 'pouch with a zipper' haha! My first ever zipper attempt-Woohoo! Cheesy

And maybe these show the colors a tad better?

So glad you like everything C!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Calabaza
Tutorial Contributor

It's a long story.

« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2011 12:54:01 PM »

Thanks for posting better pics, Sticker! I just did a photo shoot in the kitchen which turned out better. Filing that trick away for the next time.

Thank you again for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

petskin

Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon

I'm actually Nodsu... that means Piglet :)

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2011 01:12:06 PM »

what a great package Smiley the pillow is so pretty! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.nodsu.etsy.com   * I love personal swaps Smiley*
LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Sublime

« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2011 01:19:06 PM »

I adore that pillow!! The colors and scrappiness of it are just great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2011 08:04:59 PM »

Whoops, I hadn't made it out here to the gallery yet. I have been missing out!

I was lucky enough to have two partners and received from one yesterday and the other today! It is like Christmas came early!

Let's start with Luckdragon since her package got here yesterday.
She made me the most beautiful table runner!!! Absolutely perfect for me!

I don't think you can make it out in this picture, but she stamped a pendant with "You can't take the sky from me" from Firefly, did a beautiful embroidered clutch for my younger daughter who is wolf crazed (I really need a new camera - that is a gorgeous wolf on the clutch). The slippers are lovely and fit perfectly!

I love the embroidered hip belt with pouch!!! I have wanted one for ages but never imagined it would be so lovely!

Our daughters did a little side swap (They are 13 & 14). My Franki is happy as can be with her gifts! She wore the gloves to school today and said everyone was incredibly jealous. (The gift tags aren't really supposed to be in Franki's pics, but I realized i had left them out of my pics)

One last picture to show the little hat ornament better and the amazing embroidery that is actually on knitted leg warmers (I think they are leg warmers?) I made hat ornaments off the exact same link Luckdragon had on her pinterest, but she used much better methods than the tutorial was suggesting.

Thank you Luckdragon!!! Your talent and thoughtfulness are truly amazing and very much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Averia

Floppsy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: December 06, 2011 08:20:42 PM »

Here is the second package I received in the last 2 days, this one from the very talented, and also very new special_occasion! Trust me folks, you want to swap with and get to know this woman! She went a little above and beyond what we had said we would do  Cheesy (1 small, 1 medium, 1 large)

Lets start with 3 necklaces (Don't you love the way they are displayed?) I think my favorite is the tiny bulb filled with seed beads but then again, the dark blue cord on the button necklace is very much my style

Next up are 2 beautiful barrettes. I keep my hair clipped back in a barrette about 95% of the time (the other 5% being when I stick it in a sloppy pony tail or bun) These are perfect!

Finally, there is this collection of little lovelies. The button bracelet came a little loose off the card in shipping in case anyone is seeing strings - they are not strings hanging off the bracelet Cheesy It is beautifully made!

Thank you special_occasion! I hope to get partnered with you again!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

special_occasion
« Reply #67 on: December 06, 2011 08:34:20 PM »

I'm so glad you liked it Averia! They were all so much fun to craft it's ridiculous, so thanks for the opportunity and inviting me to the swap! And luckydragon, those slippers look so well made. Everyone's crafts are looking fantastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jemimah

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 06, 2011 10:13:44 PM »

Everything is gorgeous - you are all super talented and clever. I especially love that flamingo and the button bracelet, and of course having swapped with luckdragon before, I know that everything she makes is awesome Smiley

(I really want that Firefly pendant!!! I'm a jealous jemimah  Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

luckdragon

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

« Reply #69 on: December 06, 2011 10:36:59 PM »

I'm so glad you, Franki and Tori like everything.  It was all really fun to make!

I just realized I didn't get a picture of the tablerunner, but here are a couple of other pictures of the spats/legwarmers, ornaments, the wolf embroidery and the hip belt. 

The spats were from an urbanthreads tutorial and you can see how they are worn here: http://www.urbanthreads.com/pages?id=737

Also, the Alice in Wonderland book is actually a book safe. 

Thanks for swapping Averia! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in 2012 (24/50)
Looking for a vintage magazine (1974 - 1978) that has a fabric nativity set w/ people and animals. An example: http://www.craftster.org/pictures/showphoto.php?photo=440861&ppuser=143144.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work with a Back Light
How to Work Within a Photographic Group
How to Use a Macro Lens
How to Create a Partner Project Photograph
how to Take a Natural Light Portrait
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...