A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,589
Currently Running With Scissors:
566 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summer Room Make-Over!  (Read 1756 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ellseybell

It's a hard job being a beautiful assistant...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005 09:40:08 AM »

Writing on the walls would be a lot of fun... my friend works at a campus newspaper, and journalism students there have been scribbling on the walls for about 20 years now. Inside jokes, preserved for decades...

Maybe from the pipes (assuming they're overhead) you could hang random objects, paper lanterns, string white Christmas lights, etc. Odd postcards and old magazine pages are fun when framed in simple black.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever." -- Judge Judy
SKN725
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2005 10:26:11 AM »

I suppose you have already been told a million or so times that red and black in a basement room will be awfully dark. I keep seeing white walls with black stenciled silhouettes of running horses (big ones) looking like the wind is blowing their manes and tails with  musical clefs and notes "blowing" all around them in red, silver, black.  (I used to hear music in the wind when I rode.) Then use red and black in a wide stripe for bedding.  If you can't find any, sew long wide strips of red and black fabric together  for a throw.  Then use your checks for pillows.  If you make your floating notes fairly large, you can hang little pictures of your favorite bands in them.  If you want all those overhead pipes to "go away", paint them and the ceiling black. If you can manage a red fuzzy rug of some kind, that would be a great way to make the room "warmer".
I you want yoour "door" for privacy then the sheet( red, black, or white ) is rorbaby the simplest way to go.  Then use alternating color ribbons to tie some old vinyl records for some of those "free" cds in a random pattern. If privacy is not the issue them just hang the cds like you would a long string of beads. You can also hang them all around the room from your pipes.  And if yu used ellseybell's idea for some christmas lights, you would get a lot of nice reflection.  Have fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cilantrouser85
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2005 12:11:13 PM »

Oh yeah...I actually didn't consider the fact that a red and black room would be kinda dark. Thanks for reminding me, I was kinda in a crazed state before. The stencling sounds really cool. Most of my pictures and suff are in black and white, so maybe I'll try that in my room to. And thanks for the records idea! I love records (already have...3? record bowls holding guitar picks and other random stuff plus bracelets and my earing holder thingy) and that would look really cool. I think maybe I'll paint the celing and pipes black and then string lights around, beucase that would look cool, and my celing in currently just icky wood. Thanks for everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SKN725
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2005 06:16:57 PM »

Post  some pics when your done ok?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cilantrouser85
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2005 06:54:35 PM »

yeah, I'll post pictures. if I can get the camara to work that is. I'm a bit slow with the technology bit. except for computers, which are totally my lifelines. thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Photograph a Landscape on a Grand Scale
How to Work with Formal Imagery
How to Photograph a Parking Lot
How to Create an Abstract Self Portrait
The Importance of a Sprit Leveled Tripod
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...