A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
536 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A Manly Duct Tape Wallet. . . IT'S MANLY!  (Read 10650 times)
Tags for this thread: duct_tape , duct_tape_crafts  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

happyface:)
« on: November 19, 2011 09:34:17 PM »

It's a manly duct tape wallet.
For the duct tape challenge a while back I made a girly pink and grey clutch-like wallet. I decided to make a "manly" bifold wallet. Here's what I ended up coming up with:

In the picture it looks like more of a light blue but it's actually more of a teal color. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bld
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011 11:25:04 PM »

This is amazing!   My sizzling bacon wallet is pretty much dead and it now seems like a mustache wallet is next!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NattyBee
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011 10:28:42 AM »

Sweet wallet!  I love the colour (I'm picturing the teal Cheesy)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ultraviolet
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011 12:18:32 PM »

I love that! Is there a particular tutorial you used, or did you just come up with it yourself? I'm hoping to make one as a Christmas present.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://blog.threegoodrats.com

"Beware the lustful fires that burn in a librarian's heart. They can rage beyond all control."
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011 03:00:27 PM »

This is amazing!   My sizzling bacon wallet is pretty much dead and it now seems like a mustache wallet is next!
Smiley Thank you!
Sweet wallet!  I love the colour (I'm picturing the teal Cheesy)
Yeah the teal color (in my mind) makes it look much better. Thank You! Smiley
I love that! Is there a particular tutorial you used, or did you just come up with it yourself? I'm hoping to make one as a Christmas present.
Thanks Smiley
I didn't use a tutorial. For the most part, I'm pretty good at just figuring stuff out on my own (even if sometimes the way I end up make it over complicates it.) and I've made a few of the duct tape wallets over the past couple years. This is the first wallet I've made with a picture on it though and the cut out mustache was pretty difficult for me. I made a thick multiple layer cut out of the mustache with regular silver tape and stuck it to the sticky side of the black tape. Being that the multi-layer piece was made of duct tape, it was easy to just peel it away from the black once I cut out the mustache shape.
^Did that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mluke
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012 07:01:32 PM »

I made my duct tape wallet just now and didnt know what to embellish it with and then i found this and I was like, OMG i love mustaches and what you did was so awesome, I sorta copied you with the mustache idea. But this is my wallet:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/278997_19Jan12_la_fotonn_1.JPG
THIS ROCKS   Logged
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012 10:14:05 PM »

I made my duct tape wallet just now and didnt know what to embellish it with and then i found this and I was like, OMG i love mustaches and what you did was so awesome, I sorta copied you with the mustache idea. But this is my wallet:

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/278997_19Jan12_la_fotonn_1.JPG

Love it! Smiley Glad I could help you figure out how to embellish it. I love the green (or as my niece would say, Gweem).

My boyfriend is now using this wallet and we've encountered a pretty bad problem. . . the cards stick in the card slots, like bad. And the edges of the pieces of tape have some yuckky residue. I may have to re-think my process of making the wallets to make them not mess up like this one did. Maybe a similar process to my first Duct Tape Wallet (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=392459.msg4650238#msg4650238). That one is very durable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mluke
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2012 11:26:47 AM »

My wallet is holding up pretty nicely. The cards dont stick in it, I never made a duck tape wallet before and I only saw a site with a tutorial for a simple 4-card slot wallet, and I wanted more slots (6-8) so I figured out how to make 6 cards fit and Im pretty pleased with the way it came out. Its not big, its compact and hold my cards (yay!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make an Exploding Planet in Photoshop
How to Whiten Teeth in Photoshop
How to Make a Really Cool Electricity Text Effect in Photoshop
How to Make Colorful Glowing Neon Lights HD in Photoshop
How to Make a Colorful Abstract Background in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Super Easy Peppermint Bark
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...